“I will stay here again!”
Review of Canterbury Inn

Canterbury Inn
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Kent, WA
“I will stay here again!”
Reviewed February 17, 2010

The Canterbury Inn owners are obviously putting a lot of money into upgrading this wonderful hotel. The rooms are top notch and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We wanted a romantic weekend and we got it here. The staff was professional and made our stay the best ever. We recommend the Canterbury to all our friends and will definitely stay again next time we visit the ocean.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
tacoma washington
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We have spent many holiday's at the canterbury. The staff are expectional. The clean well kept condo's with a pool and hot tub has kept us coming back. The location is ideal , and the ocean view's stunning. We have stayed at other hotels, but have not found one better than the canterbury.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank abbeyisland
Dallas, TX
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My wife, niece, and I stayed two nights at the Canterbury Inn in Ocean Shores, WA Sep 30-Oct 01. We had a really relaxing and enjoyable time. The view of the Pacific Ocean is really good (if you are on the second floor [which we were] or on the third floor). The sounds of the surf were really relaxing. During our stay we relaxed on the balcony, strolled on the beach, looked for sea shells, observed the birds, and on the morning of our departure saw three deer come out of the seashore ground cover and await our feeding them. During the night the moon light streaming in the window and reflecting off the Pacific was such a beautiful sight.

Two members of the staff were so helpful to us that they deserve special recognition: Miss Monica, assistant manager, and Miss Carol. Those two helped us to learn the different sights to see, places to eat, and answered all of our questions regarding the area. (My wife and I are looking to retire in different areas of the country so we had A LOT of questions.) If we ever vacation again in the western Washington area I plan on staying at the Canterbury Inn again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dallas_Texas_Aggie
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Everything was very nice. Room was very clean and nice. I stayed in a studio but was happy with the space. Was on the 3rd floor with a great view of the pacific ocean. Pool was large and very clean. Staff was very friendly and kind. I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Wa.
Reviewed May 25, 2009

I booked a 5 night stay after reading some of the reviews on the Canterbury Inn. However, after checking in and looking about my room I wondered where the good reviews came from. The hallway leading to my room on the 2nd floor was dingy and the room itself was not what I had expected, the furniture was outdated and I had a "not too clean feeling" about the unit. The bedroom and bathroom both were dimly lit, it was impossible to read while in bed along with the bed itself being uncomfortable.
Maybe having a kitchen in which to cook is fine for some travelers, just not for me, I was there for a vacation, to do nothing but enjoy myself. I also felt the $15.00 extra each night was a bit much for a little dog that I carried around most of the time.
I stayed one night and checked out the next morning. I went down the road and checked into another hotel that I felt good about, everything was bright and clean, clean, clean, super king size bed, nice view, I even had a tv in the bathroom with a large tub. I also got a better price than what I paid at the Canterbury, along a one time fee of $25.00 for my dog.
Overall, I feel the Canterbury is overpriced for what you get, however I will say the staff was wonderful and maybe some of the rooms were better than mine but I will not be coming back there to stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank cedarplace
Issaquah
Reviewed April 10, 2009

The staff was great until the day we checked out. We overslept. The 'Executive HouseKeeper' broke into our room and threatened to call the police because we were tresprassing. I had called and asked for an extra hour. My 9 year old son was mortified. She was swearing and abusive. I have never been treated so horribly in any establishment in my life. I spent $270 and I was treated like a common criminal for over sleeping. The 'Executive Housekeeper' was screaming at us to pack our bags and get out! We had 10 minutes to leave or they were going to call the police. I will never stay there again. Do not stay at the Canterbury. I will find the owner and share this with them.
Julie Prebo [--]

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
7 Thank DragonFruits
Anchorage
Reviewed October 4, 2008

The Canterbury Inn is a hotel made up of condos owned by other people, so each room is different. Strictly speaking about our room and experience, we felt it was a nice room, but we expected more for the price. It's a good place to stay if you have pets, although they don't allow you to leave the pets in the room unattended which is not explained on their website.
The refundable pet deposit is pretty steep at $150 plus an extra $15 per pet, per night can add up quickly. T
he place was clean, people were friendly and it was quiet. It is nowhere near the ocean, you have to walk about quarter of a mile to get to the beach.... but none of the hotels in Ocean Shores are directly on the beach.
If you're celebrating a birthday or special occassion, they put your name on the reader board outside which was a nice touch.
Overall, Ocean Shores is a nice getaway and a very cute town. Affordable hotels are hard to come by. Make sure you stop at the bagel shop in town, it's delish!

• Liked — Quiet
  • Disliked — Room Decor
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)