“very dissapointing”

Las Maracas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 46 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Tacoma, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very dissapointing”
Reviewed April 22, 2010

If we are in the mood for Mexican food, we generally stop at one of the Mazatlan restaurant chains in Aberdeen on our way over to our weekend place in Ocean Shores, and we absolutely love it. One weekend while in Ocean Shores we decided to try the local Mexican restaurant instead. First impression, the building could use some upgrades (like move the pottery store to the back and move the restaurant up front), the service was very poor and the food did not have much flavor. It was edible, but I will probably choose to never go back again.

Olympia, WA
“HUGE portions for a good price”
Reviewed August 7, 2009

The food here was good, but not OUTSTANDING. However, the portions were huge and the price was more than reasonable. We enjoyed our time here very very much!! Beer was very reasonably priced too ;-)

Puyallup, WA
“A big disappointment!”
Reviewed February 13, 2009

My husband's grandma lived in Ocean Shores, and we often went to Las Maracas before driving back to Puyallup. The food was great- the fajitas were superb! The service was top notch, too!

We never made it to Ocean Shores for a few years after she passed away. Last summer, we went to OS for the day, and my family and I decided to have dinner at Las Maracas like old times before driving back home.

Upon entering the establishment, it smelled musty- like a damp basement. We were promptly seated by a waitress who wasn't entirely friendly. No smiles, no "How are you?".

We watched as a few other families were seated, as well. We watched as they were helped promptly with drinks, taking of orders.

My husband and I were disappointed. Instead of just leaving for a different restaurant, we waited patiently in the hopes that the food would be worth it. Finally, we had our order taken. It wasn't much- an order for 3 adults and one child, no drinks from the bar, no appetizers.

The order took far too long to come up. Our server continuously forgot to get refills on iced teas/soda.

Finally, the food. It was hot (Which is good!). It wasn't what we remembered, but it wasn't bad. There were hard pieces of herb (Or a tiny herb branch?) in the chicken and rice. I quietly pushed it to the side as I looked hungrily at my husband's fajitas.

No refills during the meal, but the server was busy chatting it up with a cook by the server alley in plain view of all guests.

Should I have complained? Sure. But my family and I were hungry, the food was edible, and after long day spent at the beach, along with an hour and a half drive ahead of me-- I just didn't feel like complaining too much that day.

We won't be back there again, ever, ever.