“Marginal food, lousy service”

Las Maracas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 46 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Cuisines: Mexican
Stanwood, Washington
“Marginal food, lousy service”
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Ate here on a recent trip to Ocean Shores. The service was terrible (took an hour and a half to get our food on a mildly busy Thursday night) and the food was middle of the road. Our bill was overpriced and I suspect they charge for refills on drinks (soda) as our total bill for 3 people was $50.

ocean shores
“great food quality”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The margarita blended lime was excellent. Good food. We ordered fahitas for two..great value and amount. Slow refills for drinks. Chips were not fresh tasting a little thick and starchy. Kids menu is great..

Visited July 2012
“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Service was great, very friendly & fast. Place was clean & food was DELICIOUS.

I really enjoyed my meal here. I ordered the carne asada plate, the husband had the chile verde burrito. We were not disapointed, both were richly flavored & delicious. The carne asada was the best I have EVER had -- Yum Yum!

We will definitely return again.

Portland, Oregon
“Waitress on meth?”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The restaurant was alright although the food was not great. The most amusing and annoying part of the whole experience was that the waitress was visibly high on what was most likely meth. She was making strange expressions and muttering to herself as she set tables around the area that we were seated. It was tacky and if I were the restaurant owner or manager I would have sent her home based on her behavior alone. I would not recommend this restaurant nor eat there again.

• Visited June 2012
Lacey
“Simply gross, I threw up afterwards”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The title would have been "Worst Mexican food I have ever had", yet it was taken by the reviewer before me. I had the beef taco and tamale lunch. The tamale was not cooked all the way and gummy. The taco was a poor rendition of a Taco bell taco, with overly ground beef soaked in a horrid sauce. The rice tasted stale. Canned beans are better then what was served. Only a handful of tortilla chips were provided before the meal. When I got back to the hotel I threw up and had heart burn all night. I have traveled around the world twice with the Navy, and extensively in Mexico on vacations. I can without a doubt dub this the WORST Americanized Mexican food I have ever had.

• Visited June 2012