“No a la carte tacos, buritos etc”

Las Maracas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 46 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Being from Los Angeles, I am used to Mexican food is on every corner. I am used to ordering a la carte, too. Only dinners here. Food pretty good. I had chicken fajitas and my Mom the beef burrito. Rice and beans good too. No carnitas but there was pork cooked in other ways. The nice wiatress was was bilingual so I got to speak a little Spanish.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

I had a great meal... my husband's was so-so. I ordered lamb shanks, he had chicken. My meal was a lot and I took half of it home. His meal was chicken and not too much to eat. He said his Chicken Mole was blah. Too bad. It was convenient to the hotel.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

After reading the other reviews of Las Maracas, I would have to say this: you are not going to find spectacular, authentic Mexican food in a tourist-trap like Ocean Shores. That being said, the food wasn't bad. It was not the best I have had, but if you are jonesing for Mexican, this will do the job. The place was empty when we were there, but we did not experience the poor service noted by others who were there during slow times. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. The margaritas are weak, so order an extra shot.

1  Thank Sharlene B
Reviewed November 4, 2011

This restaurant at first glance looked like a whole in the wall but usually those are the best restaurants... But we were the only 6 there the whole 2 hours we were there. The service was still slow, The chips were stale and tasteless. The portions were big I will give them that but the steak fajitas I ordered was way over done and chewy. Might as well been Jerky. Costs extra to take away beans and costs extra to add cheese. So they charge you for anything and everything... I can also state none of our group ate all their food it was that bad. I dont recommend anyone to dine here unless you like bad food and terrible slow service.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Not the best Mexican restaurant, that's for sure. The place is dark and crowded, inexplicably with lots of chairs lined up in the lobby, as if they are expecting a huge mob to suddenly appear. Service was lethargic and uninterested. The chips were stale. The selections are huge and I didn't want so much food. It actually costs more to order what I wanted in side orders, so I ordered a child's taco, beans, and rice plate (an extra $2 charge for an adult even though it was child-size portions). The food tasted o.k.; typical Mexican restaurant fare. This restaurant could be better with a face-lift - declutter and lighten it up. We go to Ocean Shores about once or twice a year. Next time we'll try another Mexican restaurant there or wait until we get to Hoquiam or Aberdeen.