“If you have to”

Las Maracas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 46 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 4, 2011

This restaurant at first glance looked like a whole in the wall but usually those are the best restaurants... But we were the only 6 there the whole 2 hours we were there. The service was still slow, The chips were stale and tasteless. The portions were big I will give them that but the steak fajitas I ordered was way over done and chewy. Might as well been Jerky. Costs extra to take away beans and costs extra to add cheese. So they charge you for anything and everything... I can also state none of our group ate all their food it was that bad. I dont recommend anyone to dine here unless you like bad food and terrible slow service.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Not the best Mexican restaurant, that's for sure. The place is dark and crowded, inexplicably with lots of chairs lined up in the lobby, as if they are expecting a huge mob to suddenly appear. Service was lethargic and uninterested. The chips were stale. The selections are huge and I didn't want so much food. It actually costs more to order what I wanted in side orders, so I ordered a child's taco, beans, and rice plate (an extra $2 charge for an adult even though it was child-size portions). The food tasted o.k.; typical Mexican restaurant fare. This restaurant could be better with a face-lift - declutter and lighten it up. We go to Ocean Shores about once or twice a year. Next time we'll try another Mexican restaurant there or wait until we get to Hoquiam or Aberdeen.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I'm not sure why this place has such poor ratings. Sure, service was slow to start - one guy was running around like a chicken with his head cut off - and the atmosphere is blah (but we were hard pressed to find a restaurant in Ocean Shores that had a comfy feel to it!) The food was amazing, especially given the reasonable prices (I think our meals were between $8-$13 each). The younger kids had nachos - nothing special but made just the way they liked them. Hubby and older daughter had fajitas and they were the best any of us has ever tasted. I had a lunch special - all meals came with mounds of beans, yummy rice and guacamole. As far as Mexican food goes, we've rarely had better (maybe in Mexico.....) We had a Margarita and it was top notch as well. So, ya, why not go? If you're in Ocean Shores, you probably aren't in a hurry to get anywhere, so who cares if service is slow? Food is A-Okay.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

We skipped breakfast and smelled the food prepping here in the am, so we were really excited. They don't open till 11:30 which is not posted so we had to call and find out, and so we thought we would die of hunger. We even called and checked their hours. We stood outside in the wind, waiting for those doors to open. It was 5 minutes past 11:30 am, and i was so hungry I was about to leave, but my friends were determined we would eat here. One of my friends walked by all the windows till she caught the attention of someone inside. Though we only actually waited a few minutes past the time they were suppossed to open, it felt like a lifetime since we were so starved!
The waiter was very friendly, and the decore is appropriate. We ordered fajitia's and they were SO good, and huge portions so we were all stuffed. My husband ordered a soda with his lunch. If you want more than 3 refills, you have to pay for another soda. Since I know the markup on soda, I thought this info that the waiter gave us was odd, but we didn't question it.
The food was good and the waiter was friendly, and the portions were more than plenty. Timliness on opening and posting their hours, not so great, and the 3 soda policy is a bit off also, but the food is worth it.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

The food was good, but the service was terrible. They were not busy however, it required twenty minutes to take drink orders and another fifteen minutes after that to take dinner orders. One waiter/greeter (not waiting on us) was carrying a small child (not potty trained) in one arm, which he kept moving from arm to arm, was handling plates and silverware. Other children (employee or owner) kept running back and forth from a back room to the cook's order area. Even with a weakness for good Mexican food and a weekend beach house at Ocean Shores, we unfortunately, will not return.

1  Thank Alfista74