“Sub par in the bar”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Shilo Restaurant

Shilo Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: There is nothing better than the combination of great food, excellent service and convenience! The Shilo Restaurant and full service bar are located across from the Hotel Lobby. We serve a variety of Northwest favorites along with a wide-range selection of classic American dishes your whole family will enjoy. Walk-ins are always welcome, but feel free to make a reservation.
Puyallup, Washington
“Sub par in the bar”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to the lounge at the Shilo to watch a Seahawks game recently. We had done it last season, since we do not have cable or satellite ourselves. The server assured us this was OK, and the seating area was not full, so we settled in. The first thing we ordered was a plate of onion rings, which arrived heavily battered and quite soggy, despite the fact that they were really really hot. My crab melt with salad came with the fries I had asked them to omit. But it was a good thing, because I had to send the salad back. Slimy leaves were stuck to the undersides of the larger greens, and the apple was mealy. Ewwww. These are things one cleans OUT of the fridge. The crab melt was soupy, though it tasted pretty decent. It came with a steak knife, and I needed it to saw through the bread and deliver the bites to my mouth. My husband rated his burger 'just adequate.' Our sever took my meal off the tab and comped me a glass of wine, because the Shilo wanted me to "be happy." I will indeed 'be happy,' as my next meal will be at Bennett's or Amici, and not at the Shilo. Yikes.

1 Thank poetsrest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Puyallup
“Getaway”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Needing a little rest from everyday life we thought we would get away to the shore. Recommended by several friends we chose Shilo Inns. We spent four nights with, "Lili", our Great Pyreness. The front desk was accomadating and helpfull. House keeping was the best. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner in the most pleasant of dinning rooms. The staff was freindly and the food was excellant. The experince from check-in to check-out was outstanding. Having traveled thoughout a good part of the United States, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean; I would recommend Shilo Inns to anyone.

Regards,

Linda. Lee and "Lili" Rye

• Visited December 2012
Tacoma
“Poor Service”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Good food for most of our meals but I had get up from our table and go back to the kitchen and tell the three waittresses that there were eight people waiting to be seated after they stood there almost five minutes. staff was not busy, just gabbing.

Visited November 2012
New Jersey
“no beer left??”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

first of all, it was very hard finding the entrance to the lounge. we waited at the desk and nobody came so we exited outside and finally found it. my husband wanted a draft beer and were told there was no draft left and only bottle beer. two minutes later two men came in and ordered draft and got it. upon questioning the waitress she said they are trying to fix the pumps. we finally got two draft beers and then were charged regular price instead of happy hour prices. the waitress said she doesn't work there normally and had to have the bill changed twice. the lack of service, unfriendliness and condescending attitude will make this a place not to return to.

Visited October 2012
Bellingham, Washington
“Ultimate breakfast experience!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stephanie is one of the most personable and attentive waitresses you will ever have the pleasure to experience. We were able to watch a variety of kites flying outside while enjoying our skillet breakfasts and mimosa's! What more could you ask for?!!

• Visited August 2012