“The only place I will eat Clam chowder”
Review of Galway Bay

Galway Bay
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: All things Irish - Pub, Restaurant and Gift Shop! We have brought a bit of Ireland to you here on the coast of Washington. Come enjoy a pint or two in our tasting room next to the fire, or hang out in the game room and shoot some darts or pool. Come get your Irish On!
Reviewed October 12, 2008

Every time I go to Ocean shores or if I am within a 20 mile radius, I go to Galway bay for clam chowder and soda bread I have never had a bad experience here as long as I stick to the chowder but its so..worth it! Mmmmmm. don't order the pasties ( their not what mom used to make) . for a nice Irish pub experience t his place cant be beat.

1  Thank ddledee

Reviewed October 2, 2008

Enjoyed the music but the food wasn't so good. My brother and I ordered the seafood pasty. There was barely a morsel of seafood in both ours. We told the waiter and he said that maybe we got the vegetarian ones and brought us two more, both just as lame and clearly from some frozen food section. At $17, what a ripoff. Forgot what our wives had, but nothing much better.

2  Thank Jeff M
Reviewed September 18, 2008

I'm lucky enough to live here on the North Coast and the Galway Bay Pub is one of the places I used to frequent but, unfortunately, the service and food have become highly inconsistent. Go for the live music and the Guinness on draft, but avoid the food unless you're willing to take your chances on the quality or lack thereof and wait an indeterminate amount of time to receive your order. The steaks are usually pretty reliable, as are the sausage roll and traditional Irish breakfast. The fish and chips look like something from the freezer section of the local grocery store and is to be avoided unless you really enjoy Mrs Paul's Fish Sticks.

1  Thank OSResident
Reviewed August 30, 2008

Pros:
- Food was great - we ordered the seafood patsy and a cup of chowder. Our order came with soda bread. Everything was wonderful. My husband and I split our meal and both had plenty to eat.
- Atmosphere - there was a great group playing irish music and they were so fun to listen to!
- Prices - the cup of chowder was $4.99. our entree was $16.99 (this was about the average price), but was enough food to split comfortably.

Cons:
- server - our waiter wasn't the greatest - it took him awhile to bring us our drinks and an extra plate since we had split our meal. Overall he was slow, but still very friendly.

Overall -
We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Galway Bay and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Ocean Shores. Food and atmosphere made up for the lacking service.

1  Thank javakaty
Reviewed March 25, 2008

I never before wrote a restaurant review, but I feel that I need to tell this story to enable other people to avoid the same unpleasant experience. Over St. Patrick's Day weekend we stayed in Ocean Shores and naturally we had to check out it's only Irish Pub. Saturday night we got there late and found a full house listening to a live musician. It took quite a while before a waiter came and took our drink orders. It took even longer to get them, but we attributed it to the busy house. When we got ready to have another beer, the pub has cleared out by now, and our waiter has changed. We never were asked whether we need something else and had to call for the waiter to get another drink. There were three tables left who had customers by now. We still gave them the benefit of the doubt, and thought maybe things got mixed up with the waiter change. Next day we came back around 1p.m. for a quick lunch. We ordered soups, salad and drinks, and waited well over 90 min before our food arrived. Again no one checked on us, or came to explain why the food takes so long. We decided not to leave a tip and a comment that the service was really slow. On our way out our waiter (who turned out to be the restaurant manager) flagged us down, not to apologize but to yell at us for our impertinence. He said it says it clearly in the menu, that this is not a fast-food establishment and they were really busy. We said it should not take 2 h to get lunch and we experienced the same service last night when it was really slow. His answer was " Are you [--] kidding me? Get the [--] out of here. We don't want our money!" (which apparently they do want as we did not get our money back). He wasn't using the ....... in his speech. I was absolutely speechless, something like this has never happened to me before and I will never be back to this place.

2  Thank teufelchen919