“Good food, good atmosphere”
Review of Galway Bay

Galway Bay
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Soups, American
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Burien, WA
“Good food, good atmosphere”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We went to Galway on the advice of the staff at our hotel. It was a pleasant atmosphere for the dark and rainy night. I especially like the gas fireplace at one table, and the game tables in the pub. My wife had the Forfair Bridie and I had the Angus Burger Dip. Both were excellent. We can also recommend the soda bread and the homemade fries. The on-site Gift Shop sells the mix used for the soda bread.

• Visited November 2013

Ocean Shores, Washington
“Go Irish”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great place for a drink, snack or dinner.
You may catch some performers at night.
People are very friendly.
Great for celebrating any event you have.
They even have an Irish gift store.

Visited September 2013
Vancouver, Washington, United States
“I love this place”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We go here every time we're in town. The white stew is fantastic and I could eat the soda bread until I explode. There is also a very nice gift shop attached and sometimes there is live music. The music festival each year is lodes of fun but gets very crowded.

Visited November 2013
Wilsonville, Oregon
“Authentic and Fun”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Galway Bay serves what I believe to be authentic Irish fare in a delightful atmosphere. Great feel to the place.

We were there on a Friday night and it was packed. I'm sure that was in part because we were part of a convention there and most of the people in our organization enjoy the place.

We had wonderful food and excellent service. My only real complaint is something beyond the pub's control. We got there late enough that the live band had started to play and it was so loud we couldn't hear ourselves talk. Hardly the fault of the establishment that WE were running later than we had planned.

Visited November 2013
Kent, Washington
“Great food, slow service”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The food was delicious, but the service is terribly slow. We went in on a Sunday early afternoon for brunch. There was one waitress in the restaurant. I watched most people walk out because they were completely ignored at the door. If you're willing to have a very slow meal the food is worth it. This is not the place to eat if you're on a schedule.

I had the veggie pasty and it was savory and filling. The potato soup was creamy and flavorful.

The bar is probably great, but they don't appear to have enough staff for a full-service restaurant. It's unfortunate that the management has let the service get so terrible.

If you want to grab a quick Irish snack, I recommend ordering some Irish soda bread to go at the door. This usually only takes a minute or two.

• Visited October 2013