“Better Than Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Quinault Beach Resort and Casino
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Ocean Shores
“Better Than Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We went to Ocean Shores and as always we stayed at Quinault Beach Hotel and Casino.
The 4th floor has been remodeled and is very nice! Everything is new and comfortable.
We have stayed at the hotel many times. This time I was happy. Things were different.
Everyone there acted like they enjoyed their jobs. As a plus for QClub members the weekend special was a lot less expensive we had planned!,
The casino was fun. Usually don't win too much but did ok this time.the atmosphere was good.
One complaint was that some of the machines didn't have sound, and there was no volume to adjust.
The room doesn't have any art on the walls (ours didn't ) but that was ok!
Not a major issue.

The Friday night Land and Sea Buffett was the best it's ever been!!!!
I'm ready to go back!!!

Room Tip: The 4th floor. Hopefully all the floors will get the remodel as well soon! Ocean view rooms are the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Quinault resort is the best hotel to stay in Ocean Shores and the beaches area , it is the best period. The totality of their rooms and services can not be found in any other hotel unless you drive back to either Olympia north or Portland south.

Starting from the big parking lot, it accommodates any car from Mini Cooper to big RV, you go in the lavish lobby and meet the staff, the check in is prompt and on to your room.

The rooms are clean, well done, and all modern amenities are there in the room. From Starbucks coffee to HD TV, comfy pillows, beds etc.

The breakfast is the steal here, 2.99 for a super hearty meal, you can't beat that. Nice restaurant Emily and bar in the casino. Both have variety of food types and reasonable prices.

Swimming pool, sauna, massage and spa, gift store all in hotel premise.

The casino is modern with all games from tables to machines.

The main attraction in my view is the beach, clean room on the Pacific coast for a reasonable price is what you get at Quinault resort.

Walk around, enjoy the breeze, drive on the beach, horse riding etc. It is your choice here.

This hotel is the best deal for vacation at the beach in all of Washington and Oregon coast.

Folks, you get 4 start accommodation on the beach for around $130. It is hard to find better deal in my view.

Go there and enjoy the beach.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank LibanLiban
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

So, I had never been to Ocean Shores, or the Pacific in Washington State, but I did see that film "Safety Not Guaranteed" that was shot close to there, so what I expected was a sleepy little beach town, and that's what Ocean Shores seems to be to me. I just went there to escape the weekend heat in Seattle.

I was surprised when I saw that the Quinault Resort was a modern, albeit tiny, full fledged casino. I agree with others that it is smoky, and all I could get was a smoking room, but other than the ravages of time & smokers, the room was really nice. While the TV is 42", what you get is a standard cable signal with the incorrect aspect ratio. The bathroom is nice, and you get more than the usual complement of shampoos, conditioners, bath salt, tiny soaps, etc. Women will love it.

The beach was awesome. It was overcast and misty in the middle of July, exactly what I wanted. There were no annoying kids, all the kids I saw were well behaved, and unlike casinos in Las Vegas, nobody seemed too drunk. The usual selection of Washington State casino card games like Blackjack (two deck at $25 min, shoe otherwise), Three Card Poker, Spanish 21, and so forth. One lonely roulette table.

A craps table that opens in the afternoon after 5pm, staffed by trainees just learning how to deal, but in the evening has a solid crew. 10x odds on a $5 flat bet, not bad at all. Standard for the better tribal casinos, though Clearwater will give you a $1 flat bet on a weekday afternoon. Pays 2x for a 2 and 12 on the Field. Anyway, like any craps table, your mileage will vary. Don't get impatient at the slow afternoon crew, you had to learn how to make the game work too. I never saw any real issues and the floor always made sure things went right.

Poker room was slow, opens around 5pm, usually with a tournament. Second night I was there I got to play as there is only 1 table open, Hold 'Em 2-10 Spread, 3 raises. Mix of tourists and locals, dealer and floor very competent (the dealer kid had dyed blonde hair). I had a lot of fun and won a little money. I would play there again, if I can get a seat, but once the one table is full, you might have quite a wait.

I never played the slots, those are for suckers. There are the usual assortment of blinking lights, faries and goblins, Duke Nuke'em, and other tripe. If they had real video poker I'd play, but they don't (nobody in Washington State does).

The restaurants were great. They have an Omelet Special on Sunday, only $6, in Emily's. It was fantastic, and the Ocean Lounge (or whatever it is) makes a good burger. The steamers were excellent too, as was the Angry Orchard cider on special. The $2.99 Canadian Bacon & two egg breakfast is as good as it was real. Great deal.

All in all, I had a terrific time. I didn't want any horseback riding, snowcones, or other family fun. I wanted to play craps, eat good food, sleep in a nice room, walk along the ocean, and enjoy cool temperatures. My every expectation was fulfilled and I won a little money. Don't expect to win that cool Indian motorcycle they're giving away, it's for idiot slot players. The hotel and restaurants are good and inexpensive enough in themselves to obviate the need for any of that player club nonsense anyway. Staying there is its own reward.

Don't expect to meet any chicks, because there aren't any, though you might get lucky with a grandmother or whatever. I go for the ocean and the gambling. If I could make a sports bet, it would be perfect.

Room Tip: The fourth floor is where all the crybabies from California should stay. The rest of the hotel is f...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Edward M
Kirkland, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Got a deal online for a 2nd floor ocean view king room. Stayed Friday and Saturday night with my wife. We are not big gamblers, but enjoy the environment. Room was clean, although a little t.l.c. was needed. (ie carpet was a little stained, tub needed recaulking) I understand what a beating the building takes with salty air, moisture, and all the sand people drag in. Both mornings we got the $2.99 breakfast special in the lounge that was excellent. Both evenings we wandered the casino, people watching, then sat in the lounge for an hour or 2 watching the great band. It was a fun atmosphere. Seafood platter in the deli was a bit tasteless and greasy, but the $2.00 hot dog was large and tasty. Did not go to the pool or eat at Emily's.. Had a great time...Will be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Maple Falls, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

the best part of the stay was the staff (except the front desk). were told we had a handicapped room so it was as we found out a plastic chair that went in the bathtub and a sink that stood alone. we also paid for a room with a view of the ocean but it didn't have a balcony it was horrible and we had to be moved. we were put in a room overlooking the parking lot where the valets are so it was noisy and it was filthy, we were not reimbursed for the cost of the rooms. the carpets were filthy w/ lg stains on them the room smelled. the casino was freezing, the machines did not pay anyone while we were there. we went out for a nice dinner on one of the nights to Emily's and the server called us cheap after we had spent 150.00 on dinner. the diner had good food. the only thing I can say is "don't do it" the best western in ocean shores is really nice.

Room Tip: we were told that the 4th floor is the only one w/ balconies
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Gina E

Travelers are raving about these Ocean Shores hotels

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel to stay. It is the only one that is right on the beach where you can get a room for about $100. Rooms are clean and quiet. Fun to go play in the casino if you are so inclined. They have a shuttle that will take you to and from the downtown area. That's very handy just in case you find yourself drinking at the local brewery or wine shop. A fine dining restaurant is included as well with pretty much spectacular food. Had a great time here and didn't do to bad on the gambling! And they have a breakfast special $2.99! for eggs, toast and hash browns!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maria k
Sedro Woolley, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed at the Quinault with my husband and two children who are 11 and 9. We were also there with 6 other family members, all adults. We had an adjoining room, which my children loved because it gave them easy access to Nana and Papa.
The hotel stands alone, with no other hotels or businesses around it. This gave it a certain feeling of isolation, which I enjoy when I'm on a beach vacation. The outside of the hotel and the grounds are very well maintained. There is nothing but a grassy area between the hotel and the beach, with a boardwalk running between the two. The beach was nice, with minimal people. Every once in a while a vehicle or a group of horses would go by (yes, you can drive on the beach in Ocean Shores).
The ground floor of the hotel smells very much like smoke, as this is where the casino is, but we had non smoking rooms and they didn't smell like smoke at all. We had ocean front rooms, with a fabulous view of the ocean and a large floor to ceiling window with which to enjoy it. There were frequently deer in the grassy area between the hotel and the beach and it was nice to watch the 4 baby fawns we saw jump around and play. The rooms were well appointed, but getting a bit worn looking with bumps and scrapes here and there. The carpet was also a bit stained and worn looking, but its my understanding that the hotel is being updated, and the whole 4th floor is done. We were on the 3rd floor. The beds were comfortable enough. The sheets were clean, the bedskirt was not. The mattress could be replaced with something that has a bit more support, but I still slept just fine.
My children enjoyed the pool. The area is clean and well maintained. However, my husband said the bottom was very rough and he actually got a bad scrape on his toe that required several band-aids, so you might want to watch out for that. It didn't seem to bother my kids though.
We ate dinner and several breakfasts at Emily's restaurant. The dinner menu was good, but pricey. The breakfast was good.
The casino was smaller than I expected, but had a good variety of slot machines. I won about $450, but 4 other adults I was with who gambled all lost money.
The town of Ocean Shores is small and rather outdated and overall kind of shabby. There are several things to do for a family with kids that include go-karts, a small, outdated arcade, mini golf, bumper cars, pedal kart rentals, modpeds, and of course there is the beach.
Overall, I liked the hotel and I enjoyed my stay. My whole family had a good time. From what I saw, the Quinault looked like the best place to stay in Ocean Shores if you don't mind the casino (some people are turned off by that). It was private and the beach was wonderful. I would stay there again with a large group of family like we did this time, but I probably wouldn't stay there when its just my husband, myself, and our two kids.

Room Tip: In my opinion, its worth it to get an ocean front room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores
Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores
#3 of 15 in Ocean Shores
4.0 of 5 stars 614 reviews

Been to Quinault Beach Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!