We've stayed here before, though not for a few years. So many things have changed - not for the better - that we won't be back.
When we checked in, we were sad to learn the breakfast buffet had been discontinued, but that wasn't a dealbreaker. We headed up to our room and were dismayed to find the sliding glass door had been replaced with a picture window THAT DOES NOT OPEN. Our only access to the ocean breeze was a smaller window that tilts out from the bottom to a distance of about 6 inches. We could hear the ocean, but that was about it. Even looking through the window was unsatisfying because it was not very clean (typical for an ocean view room, but usually not a problem because one opens the window to look out).
As many customers do, we arrived with three internet-capable devices, only to discover the wi-fi internet does not work well. When we called the desk we were told we could pay $10 for an ethernet cable (refundable upon return), or come down to the lobby, connect, and then head back up to our room and hope the signal would hold. This is a newer property in the 21st century, and this was the best they could offer? (I also did not have cell phone service in the room, though my husband did.)
We found a general lack of knowledge among the hotel staff; more than one told us they had been hired within the past year.
On the plus side, the bathroom was well stocked and clean (though the room had trash behind the chair and under the table). The bed was comfortable, and the HD TV worked well.
When I made our reservation a month ago, I was surprised to score a room with an ocean view on a summer weekend for less than $100/night. Sadly, now I know why that was possible. As I said - we won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the beach at Ocean Shores, the Quinault Beach Resort and Casino is Washington’s premiere coastal destination. Surrounded by the majestic Pacific Ocean and nestled amidst over 200 acres of protected wetlands, this resort offers views of unparalleled natural beauty from virtually every window. With three restaurants to choose from and a Vegas style casino with over 500 slot machines, a poker room, and 12 table games, Quinault Beach Resort and Casino is sure to become your favorite getaway location! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Quinault Beach Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinault Beach Hotel Ocean Shores
- Quinault Beach Ocean Shores
- Quinalt Casino
- Quinault Beach Resort