“Happy 40th Birthday To Me”

Quinault Beach Resort and Casino
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed March 4, 2013

What a great choice to celebrate my 40th Birthday!!! 2nd Visit. Nice relaxing weekend away, great price, friendly atmosphere, and all 5 couples with oceanfront rooms. The rooms were nice for the price, the crowds were low for a weekend, and there were enough food choices to keep us satisfied. Not a place to come to be entertained, but if you are with friends you can provide your own entertainment. We gambled for hours and you always had your choice of game. Don't forget to do the daily free slot tournament. One person in our group won $50 the first day of our stay. I would recommend the $4 omlet bar on Sunday morning and the $1.99 Olympic Special any time of the day. Remember...No matter where you go, your experience will be what you make it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrHendu

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I just returned from spending one night at the resort. We threw a bag together on the spur of the moment hoping that we would be able to get a room. We did get one of the last rooms, a king bed but not oceanfront. You can't have everything if you don't call to make reservations. The room was clean, updated, a keurig coffee maker, fridge, upscale amenities, a fireplace and flatscreen television. The casino was tons of fun and I came home a winner, so all is good. We ate at Emily's restaurant for dinner (wonderful prime rib) and again for breakfast and I have to say that both meals were A+. Service was great, nice. This was an overall experience that will be repeated. We don't need Las Vegas, we have our casino adventure just two hours away!!!

Room Tip: Try and get an oceanfront room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SisterSisto
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Last week we spent two evenings in your casino, and when we returned to our hotel on the second evening, I discovered that I had lost one of my gold hoop earrings. We searched the parking lot and car to no avail. I thought that I must have lost it at the casino. We checked out of our hotel and went to the casino for breakfast. Upon arrival, I reported the loss of the earring to the valet parking attendant, and she took a picture of the remaining earring, reporting it to security. While we were enjoying breakfast in the dining room, a gentleman in a security uniform, along with the parking attendant, approached our table, asking if I was the lady who lost the earring. I said I was and showed him my remaining earring. He handed me the lost earring in a plastic bag with the information about where it was found. Happy day! Thank you!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank nessbower
Reviewed February 21, 2013

great experiences, the staff were great, nice polite, if you are in need of anything the staff is very helpful, the grand kids love the pool and the bistol, not to mention the beach. the rooms may not be new but are always clean great staff Roy & Cathy M from Lacey WA suggest you go and try it you'll have a good time like we do

Room Tip: had many none are bad
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank roy m
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights recently and have nothing bad to say about the resort. Maybe some rooms have been upgraded as I did not notice some of the things other reviewers have complained about. Room was clean and included a Kuerig coffee pot and small frig. Bathroom amenities were more upgraded than your run of the mill hotel/motel ones. Sitting area looked out to the ocean and also has a table a 2 chairs. Large flat screen TV and a gas fireplace that separted this area from the king size bed area. Fireplace was 2 sided. Emily's restaurant has excellent food, including an unadvertsied breakfast special for $1.99
The only problem I had, and it has nothing to do with my stay, is that this is also a casino and when I applied for a players card they said I couldn't have one as they don't accept airline ID employee cards. I had left my driver's license home but did have a copy of it and a copy of my passport that I keep in my luggage for ID. None of it acceptable. This isn't an age matter as I am in my late 60's. So having been advised that if I did gamble and won anything they would not pay out because my ID was unacceptable, we didn't gamble. Just left every morning after breakfast and went elsewhere to spend our money

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor (4) oceanside have the best views
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick and Mer... C
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I hadn't been here since fall and it was good to be back. The casino lodge is a lovely property. I noticed a difference in Housekeeping this time - not as careful, not as clean, but the food was better and the views spectacular. More sand dollars to pick up last time and more large shells now. Bargain food at Emily's includes a daily breakfast for $1.99 which is very good and early bird dinners for $5.95 - all prepared well. Their cracker bread is to die for. Staff are all very friendly and helpful - outstanding. A Fireside Coffee bar offers Starbucks special brews and pastries. The hotel has a nice gift shop which sells sundries, juices, water, books, clothes and Native crafts. Don't miss the huge pool for the best swims and a hot tub.

Room Tip: Reserve an Ocean Front Room for the best views...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank elaine s
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were at the Quinault Beach Resort and Casino for an event on January 26th. We arrived early to a beautiful room that was clean and well stocked. The food at the event we attended was delicious and ample room for any large event. Slots were great, won some money and that made me happy! Debi, a cocktail server was THE BEST! She was attentive and fun to chat with. At the end of the night I decided I needed something to munch on, and even though they were finished serving the bartender asked the kitchen to make me nachos for my room. :) Over all, we love the QBRC and can't wait to go back. Great rooms, wonderful service, loose slots, and an amazing view! What more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Ocean view all the way. There's nothing like watching the waves!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business