“Old & worn”

Quinault Beach Resort and Casino
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at the Quinault Resort over New Year's - which was a totally overcharged fiasco. The couch in the room was dirty and had a 3-inch tear on the arm, the carpet was dirty & stained, the wallpaper peeling & nicked, the bathtub backed up when you tried to take a shower - in general old and worn.

Although most of the employees were friendly and helpful, one of the casino employees treated me more rudely than I have EVER been treated ANYWHERE when I asked for help with a slot machine that was frozen.

The view is lovely and the brunch quite good but all in all this was a GIANT disappointment!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Pat E

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Okay, we go to QBRC about twice or more a year, this last time had been maybe within 4 or 5 months from last visit. The room we stayed in has not changed since our very first visit when it first opened. The bed mattress had been updated to a comfy pillow top, But furniture in room is old and very worn, the only change I noticed was paintings are not native inspired anymore,( very dull), and even though they have a coffee machine in room, you need written instructions to operate it, and for only one small paper cup at a time. Balcony were nice,but are locked off or gone, the weather was too bad & cold to miss them in Dec but we will in the spring. The staff and food has always been good to great. In the casino they were bringing in a lot of new machines so that is plus. All-in-all, a comfortable place to go, but nothing special about it anymore.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sandy S
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Myhusband and I only go to the casino to play slots and eat. We often go there for breakfast, and think it is a good value and the servers are nice and friendly. When we have company we often play and then take them for Dinner at the buffet, They always seem to have a good time.

Room Tip: we live in Ocean Shores so we have not stayed at the motel but our friends seemed to enjoy their sta...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bernice F
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here many times and enjoyed it; but, this time the room smelled of smoke even thought it was a non smoking room. It was our first time stay here after the make over. Not impressed the foot rest covering had tears in it, there was no microwave in the room. They removed the balconies & you can't open the door only a small window. They do have a good coffee using K cups. The staff is always helpful and friendly. The Casino is small and un-impressive but they do have good daily perks and give aways for club card members. The club member breakfast is a great deal.

Room Tip: Ocean view is best
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Terry F
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Yep that's what I am is disgusted as an quinault tribal member to continue to read these reviews So please try fix your services you dummy's that are hired to run our casino into the ground shake my head

Stayed: September 2012
17  Thank Michael U
QuinaultBeach, Marketing at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

I would like to discuss this with you further, and I have sent you a message with my contact information. :) I look forward to talking with you, as we are working to improve the experience at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino, and appreciate your input!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I had high hopes of a wonderful experience with this property as I've always wanted to stay there. Unfortunately, at every turn there was a let down, even after they made commitments to take care of my group of 20+. In the end, they did NOT stand behind their word. I spoke with Chuck Miller, the General Manager; and Judy Ask, the Sales Director, both of which refused to solve or address my problem that they created.

Room Tip: Stay at a different Hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
11  Thank Guest98501

I would like to get more information from you, so that I can follow up on the incident mentioned. Please feel free to message me. I apologize for any inconvenience, as we try to satisfy the needs of our guests in any way possible. I look forward to talking with you!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have stayed at QBRC many times since they opened. We have consistently found them to be welcoming at the front desk and eager to do what they can to make our stay pleasant. We have stayed with them mid-week the last few times and it seems no matter what time we arrive (even before noon) we are able to get in our room right away. I'm sure that would change arriving on the weekend. We had originally scheduled to stay at QBRC over Thanksgiving but had to change to the following week. The change in reservations went smoothly with no problems. We were sorry to miss the big storm down there that week though.

QBRC has undergone updating and renovations in the last year and a half. The rooms previously had a french balconey looking out over the ocean. They have changed that to just a big picture window. That was a little disappointing as we did like to open the slider and feel the breeze and hear the ocean. They updated the furniture with new upholstery, but it was the same style. The large double sided fireplace is still there and remains one of our favoriate amenities of the rooms. They also upgraded the TVs to thin flat screen HDs. The toiletries are upscale and organic. The housekeeping was quiet and unobtrusive. The room was very clean when we arrived. The only things I would give a lower grade on would the the fact that there is only one small garbage can in the room and the grout in the tub area could use replacement.

We only ate breakfast at Emily's and the service was very good and quick. The food also was quite good and plentiful. We ate at the bistro a couple times for lunch and frankly, they could change their menu up a little. I think it's been the same menu since they opened. Also, the service people at the bistro sometimes seemed more interested in chatting with each other than preparing the food. Not that the food was exceptionally slow in getting to us, just not real speedy considering it was just a burger and a turkey sandwich.

The casino is fairly small but nicely laid out. The one big drawback is there is not a no smoking area. While the smoke doesn't bother us that badly, I can see where it could be a detriment to a lot of people.

Another nice thing about QBRC is the fact that they have constructed a boardwalk over the dunes to the ocean beach. Instead of struggling through the sandy dunes, you have a pleasant very short walk to the beach.

Overall, we enjoy QBRC and will definitely go back.

Room Tip: We have stayed in all parts of the hotel and there really isn't a bad room, just get an ocean vi...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple