Quinault Beach Resort and Casino
Comfort Inn and Suites(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
$142
ComfortInn
Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
$150
MorningGlory Hotel, Resort & Suites(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
$85
$82
Grey Gull(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
$155
$145
Shilo Inns Ocean Shores(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
$150
$110
$69
Canterbury Inn(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
$80
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
$89
Quinault Sweet Grass Hotel(Ocean Shores)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
All reviewsemily's restaurantnon smoking areaocean viewcrabcoffee bardouble sinksgas fireplacekeurig coffee makerspent two nightsmid weekwashington coastget awayfourth floorbeach accesspool and hot tubgamblingsmoke
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had a very nice weekday stay. We got a special rate, ocean view, double room. I have stayed in several casino resorts and this was the least "fancy" room I have stayed in. But, it was nice, comfortable, quiet and no smoke filtered in to our wing, which we have had problems with in other casino rooms. The staff was excellent in all areas, reception, restaraunt and casino. The food was good and we got a special dinner price ( before 6pm diners) and a fun "casino" breakfast price of $1.99 which was a full breakfast! Food service was a little slow. We would go back again. AND, we won some money......

Room Tip: The higher floors would have the best view as there are dunes.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank VashonTammy
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have stayed in resort casino all over the world this is the worst I ever seen or srated in. Room are small you get room with ocean view online.There online reveration is the pits. Make sure you get a conforation number. They took my money then didn't give a room at first. I had get Hotel manager to get a room. If your a non-smker like me this not place to be. They allow smoking even in their resturants. The venation in casino is so poor there in no place to escape the smoke. The service is the worst I have ever seen. I won't ever stay again. If your smart you won't either

Room Tip: Stay some else in Ocean Shore. Even if Have to stay in Westport,Wa
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank James A
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had stayed at Quinault 4 or 5 years ago. I had also been reading the reviews over the last year--inconsistent at best. So, I was a bit worried booking a room here for my short trip to Ocean Shores. Overall, I was very happy that I stayed here and I would think it would be hard to beat Quinault for hotels to stay at in Ocean Shores. Many of the reviews have criticized customer service and I think the hotel has seen this and is clearly emphasizing improvements.

As I entered the hotel I was warmly greeted by the valet people. Although this may seem like a small thing, it is the first impression that you get and I thought this started off on the right path. The front desk people were also welcoming and excellent. We arrived very early (1 pm) and were not expecting to get our room so soon, but it was all ready, which was nice. We got a king room with ocean view. We had two kids and there were probably other configurations that would have suited a family better, but I really liked the layout of the room, with a fireplace separating the bed from a living area with couch. A window opened (not always available in hotels) to help air out the room. The living area by the fireplace was perfect for playing board games and watching the sunset later in the day.

After a trip into Ocean Shores, we had dinner at Emily's, taking advantage of a $5.95 dinner special. My wife and son had salmon, which they said was excellent, and I had the meatloaf, which was pretty good, particularly when considering it was only $5.95. We also had the steamed clams, which was a beautiful bowl of food...fantastic sauce with wine, garlic, onions, and basil.

After the kids went to bed, I went down to play some slots and blackjack...I won enough to pay for the room (which perhaps affects my review slightly). Their rewards program is not great as I was comped $1 for playing several hours of blackjack. Other improvements they could make would be to fix the wobbly railings in the pool and jacuzi (which are in a nice space, with one wall all windows looking out towards the ocean). Parts of the building are showing signs of age, but I think they are working on making improvements, such as replacing the curtains. At times, the air seemed quite musty, so they could really improve on the ventilation.

Overall, however, I was glad I stayed at Quinault. I thank the reviewers at TripAdvisor because I think the hotel is reading the reviews and working to improve on their deficiencies. I expect Quinault to move up in the rankings over the next year. You should give them another try. We will be back sometime...my wife wants to try the spa.

Room Tip: Ocean view, king bed configuration seems much better than double queens--with added low fireplace wall separating king bed from living area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ProfLonghair
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed at the resort first of august, they were very disorganized. I tried to find out the resort ammenities, ie spa services, restaurants ect. No one could help me, and they had no written material. My room was spacious, but even though it was non- smoking it smelled of wet cigarettes, (so did the hallway). The furniture was also worn. They said they had wi-fi, but the only place I could get cell service, or Internet was in the lobby. I would not stay here again!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carrie D
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have stayed here a few times and the location is great (much better than in town) but had concerns about how worn the rooms had gotten. I was assured by the hotel manager via an email that some rooms had been remodeled which is only partially true.

The chairs are getting recovered and I think they changed the window configuration so that only one window opens. The carpet was still dirty and wallpaper was peeling from the bathroom walls. And yes, the casino is noisey and smokey. Avoid the lower floor rooms.

The good part is that the front staff was helpful and the bed comfortable. But for what you pay for a weekend rate you should not have to tolerate worn out rooms.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple