“Totally relaxing”

Quinault Beach Resort and Casino
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We had a terrific time here. The staff was very friendly. We wanted a place that was laid back, where we could relax. This was it. Our room was ocean front. Absolutely gorgeous sunrises and sunsets. We did a lot of walking on the beach and watched the deer (which there is a lot of!). For a change of pace we drove into Ocean Shores. There aren't a lot of shops or things to do there. A few nice places to eat. Nothing is too fancy... All in all, we enjoyed our long weekend and will be going back.

We had the breakfast buffet at Emily's and it was good $12.99, but I preferred the anytime $1.99 breakfast special (2 eggs, meat, toast) in the bar.

Room Tip: Make sure that you get ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dj509-65

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The service from the moment we arrived was outstanding. The valet was helpful and brought our luggage to room very quickly. We had requested a room when we made the reservation and had that exact room. The food was great in both restaurants.. We enjoyed the fireworks show very much. We did not win all the time but enough to get the room comped. They are still remodeling, but enjoyed our stay very much. The service has very much improved over the last five years when we have gone for the fourth of July.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Jimjac8151
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have stayed here once before and thought it was a great hotel but this was about 5 years ago. Recent experience was just ok.. The customer service was so-so.. The bell boys opens the door for you whenever you leave and come in the lobby which showed at least they were trying, but the front desk girl.. i forgot her name..... blonde, heavy set, obviously hates her job. Was extremley rude when we checked in. I really wanted to leave a comment card about her and how she made my wife and i upset but i didnt see any.

Not really into buffet but they only have it like once a week. I thought buffets were like a casino standard. Anyways not really into them but if some people in my party wanted it.

Room Tip: players card gets you 20 percent off when checking in.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Smoke, smoke and more smoke! Stayed here about 7 years ago and the rooms haven't been updated since. The fabric on the furnishings is worn and dirty and it smelled musty. The view from the room is pretty good and the restaurant (Emily's) is okay. We doubt we'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Lesley B
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

I do have some good news! We currently have a new ventilation system on order that will alleviate the smoke! This should be installed the end of the summer. Meanwhile, we have taken some steps to reduce the amount of smoke in the hotel and casino.

We are also in the process of updating our rooms and the furniture. This is an ongoing process, as we don't want to shut down entire floors or wings to do it all at once. But rest assured that it is being addressed.

Do come back and let us know how we are doing!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The $5.99 steak dinner in the Ocean Lounge is a great value so is the anytime $1.99 breakfast the service can be kinda slow at times, but we found the staff very nice and helpful. We were there for 4 nights played the machines in the casino, at one point I was down $50.00 but at the end of the stay I was up $20.00. The gift shop was nice, the walk to the beach is about 400 feet, and dont forget the free pop and coffee. All in all a nice place to stay and eat.

Room Tip: Go on line and look for specials ours was buy 2 nights get one free.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments! We appreciate your time, and I'm so glad that you found Quinault Beach Resort and Casino a great place to stay!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here at the end of May and the only good thing I can say about this place was the room was great. Beautiful ocean view.

The customer service was terrible everywhere we went (the hotel, restaurant(s) and the casino). Evidently, there is no training or instructions on how to treat a customer.

I called for valet service at checkout time. Actually, I called 3 times. After waiting 1/2 hour, I carried my bags down myself. It took two trips and when we complained the front desk was rather snippy and said they didn't have enough enployees.

The casino was terrible. Old, outdated slot machines and extremely smokey. There were no change machines and only one cashier was open. The lines to get change were horrendous!

NOT a good experience.

Room Tip: We had a handicap room and it was great. Lots of room and the bathroom had a wonderful walk-in show...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jean K
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

I am so sorry that you had a bad experience! Guest service is one of our highest priorities, so we are taking this very seriously, and following up with our employees. We are currently in the process of setting up guest surveys that can be completed online, which will allow us to address things quickly and to know specifically where we need to address issues. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience, so that we can fix it! I'd love to have you back to see how we are doing. I'll message you with more information!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We rented a house nearby so only stopped by the casino to gamble and eat (on 3 different occasions) with my husband and 3 adult family members. The positive experience ended at the front door with the pleasant gentlemen who smiled and greeted us at the door. I don't know what hospitality program these employees need to go through, but they definately do not understand the concept of a customer based business. We were dealt with rudeness by every single person from two young ladies who looked down their noses at us and sighed so loud when we asked to sign up to be members of their reward club, all the while whispering to each other and giggling, to the gal who served us breakfast and stated "great job huh"? while rolling her eyes during our over hour wait which see never filled our coffee or apologized for the delay. We ended up eating in the bar because the hostess at the restaurant Emily's forgot to put our name down and gave our table away. She said "sorry, I forgot about you" with her slightly stoned look. At one point I decided to cash in my rewards points and was shocked that it was only $20.00, let's just say I enjoy gambling and had thought it to be much more when stating (nicely I might add) that the same number of points represents a larger amount at the Tulalip Casino, her response was a flat "we're not the Tulalip". No kidding!! They could learn a thing or two about customer service from their employees! My husband travel all over the world and in all of those years I have only written 8 negative reviews on Trip Advisor. This one takes the cake for the most (seven in total) employees who managed to shock us (one after another) with their complete lack of professionalism and/or lack of complete understanding of how to treat a customer. I had asked and was given a card to complain to the General Manager and had promptly sent an email to him the day we returned home. I'm sure this won't have any effect, as I read numerous reviews before me complaining of the very exact thing. Enjoy the gambling, food and even the room if you stay, just don't have high expectations (or any) of pleasant employees or even low level customer service and you'll be fine.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank lollie_36
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

As you can imagine, this is not something that we want to hear! However, we do appreciate very much that you took the time to let us know. We cannot fix what we don't know is broken, so we are happy to address this. We met this week to evaluate the next course of action. Our department heads are reviewing these comments and addressing their employees.

We are also instituting a new program of online surveys that will allow us to pinpoint our weaknesses and strengths and improve our performance. It will give us real time information and allow us to react more quickly.

I would love to have you back to see how we are doing. I'll message you with details. Thank you again!