“Great Place to stay in the Ocean Shores, WA!!!”

Quinault Beach Resort and Casino
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and I just visited the resort this past week. Looking at reviews that were written, we were a little nervous about staying. Now I am glad that we did. The staff was great and the beds were comfy. The fireplace was a wonderful touch. It was on a timer, but it would stay on for a long time - about 45 minutes to an hour. We had an ocean view room. My husband was there on a hunting trip, so I spent most of the time hanging out at the beach or in the casino. I never was bored. I had a great time even by myself. I had a couple of massages and both were wonderful - the only reason that I didn't go back and have a third one was because of time. I learned how to play blackjack. The dealers were very helpful and so were other guests. The only down falls that I can say is that Emily's was pricey for what they offered. For one meal, my husband ordered a steak dinner that included New York Strip, mash potatoes and a veggie. The cut of meat was cheap and not worth the high price. He was very disappointed. I am a vegetarian and it was difficult to find foods that I could eat. They did not offer to veer from the menu to offer me any options as most restaurants. I had mostly salads and baked potatoes. There are three restaurants on site and one did offer a veggie burger - but one can't eat them every day!! I read about how bad the staff was and we never had that problem. From the moment we drove up the the front door (which was opened for us each and every time we came in or left) we felt like we were the only guest that they had and did everything to make our stay comfortable. If we ever go back into that area, we will stay there again. In fact, I have been trying to convince my husband that he needs to do another hunting trip there in the near future so that I can hit the blackjack tables again!! Oh, one more thing. Neither my husband or myself are smokers and are very sensitive to cigarette smoke. Smoking was allowed in the casinos, but the filtering system that they use kept the room really clear. There was a slight smell of smoke but nothing over whelming. I stayed at the blackjack table for hours at a time and was never bothered.

Room Tip: Stay on the first or second floors, this way if the elevator is slow - you can take the stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WomanHunter

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Its a little old but for the money and where you are in relationship to the Pacific - its wonderful. Would gladly go back for pleasure.

Room Tip: Enjoy the restaurant.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank auburnyellowrose
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel and the location right on the beach is absolutely fantastic with fabulous beach views from the western side rooms. Check in was efficient and courteous. The rooms however, are very dated (2 rooms in my party) and desperately need refurbishing. In one room, the fabric was coming off a chair. No information package in room with phone numbers provided. It was impossible to watch tv as the set is positioned so that it cannot be seen from the armchair or from the bed. Sheets altough worn were clean, as was the bathroom. All in all, a very expensive accommodation considering the quality of room furnishings. Friday buffet dinner was good, as well as breakfast.

This review is for the hotel only, I do not gamble so did not set foot in the casino.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Frenchie29
QuinaultBeach, Marketing at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Thank you for your comments, we always appreciate that you took the time to let us know what you think. I am pleased to let you know that we are about midway with a complete remodel and refurbishment that will take some time to complete...but is much needed, as you commented. We are currently working on the casino ceiling and floor, as well as HVAC units to improve air quality. Simultaneously, we are working with designers to bring up the quality of our rooms and replace worn or outdated furniture. We completed an exterior remodel last summer that was not only gorgeous, but also prepared our property for the difficult weather conditions that we face. it's all very exciting, and we hope that you will come back to enjoy the fruits of our labors!

Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

I came to the Quinault Casino for the very first time to try my luck. I came with my father and mother. When playing at casinos, which is usually the Tulalip, every time we win or get $10 or more above what we put in we cash out. My dad was playing a machine for awhile and won!! We were so excited!! We cashed that ticket out and put another smaller ticket in. Then we were rudely greeted by managers for my mother to move from her machine as some old lady is saying she left money in the machine. Then after looking through the records they find nothing. They then move to the one next to hers and find nothing after looking through the records. My father was still playing on his machine and they asked to look through the records for his machine which he had won on!! They still couldn't find what they were looking for. After over an hour or two of playing on other machines and losing quite a few hundred dollars we went to cash out all of our tickets to only be greeted again by a manager, a supervisor and two or three security guards advising us that we couldn't have won on the machine and that they only want us to do what's right. This woman had been watching us play and scouted us out!! They then said they weren't accusing us of anything but trying to make things right for this lady. We finally got to cash out all our tickets and then they took my dads drivers license and took a copy of it but never once explained why. I have never in my entire life been so humiliated before over anything. All of this twice in front of big groups of other patrons!!! I will never ever go here again just to be treated like a criminal and a liar! Never will I step foot in here again!

• Stayed: April 2012
28  Thank Kisssilver
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Was on a holiday to Ocean Shores with my family. We decided to go to the Quinault Casino to eat and play the slots. A half hour into playing the slots a manager came up and said a woman told them she left money in the machine my wife was playing. After going through the records of the machine and finding nothing, the lady said it was my machine she left it in which she saw me win on earlier. They then went through the records on my machine and found nothing to prove the ladies story. We were then left alone to play for two hours, losing money, then went to leave and cash the winning tickets and they refused to cash our tickets and then pulled us aside and humiliated us in front of many people, and wanting me to give this lady part of my winnings. This was all done very unprofessional and in front of many people to humiliate us. We will never go there again! They then wanted a copy of my drivers license and never once explained why. All this over a $100 ticket and after we had spent and lost over $300. Beware of crazy women!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
20  Thank AlaskaAlaskan
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I don't understand why so many people rate Quinault Resort poorly and talk bad about it. The only complaint that I have is we didn't have any "luck" at the machines. I did watch people get decent bonuses. All of the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly. The service and food at the Oceanside Lounge were good. A 2 night stay, on the top floor, with the ocean right there.......for $69.50 a night???!!!! It can't be beat! No, it's not as glamourous as Northern Quest or Tulalip, but it doesn't cost as much either. Also - the resort is moving forward with a full interior remodel, so things will be improving. Valet service was fast & courteous, and the hotel staff was quick to bring us anything we needed to our room.

Room Tip: Ocean View is a must!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank walliworld24
QuinaultBeach, Marketing at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate your comments. We are so excited about the remodeling that is under way...not only are we working on updating the casino, but we are also upgrading our air handlers to improve air quality. AND, we're bringing in new games every month! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

The fountains up front were empty and not repaired. The light on the smoke detector above the bed could have been better placed. 1st floor has a strong smell of smoke. Views were fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for your comments! I'm happy to follow up with information on our current remodel, which will update our casino floor and address the air handling issues that you mentioned. We are well under way, and should have this completed before the summer season. The fountains may take more time, as the sea air has not been kind to the inner workings of the fountains, but that will be addressed, also. Come on back and visit soon!