“Spacious with great view”

Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed December 12, 2009

We stayed for 1 night in December at a very reduced rate and lucked out with a sunny winter weekend. The Shilo is a bit dated but when you consider location and price, this was a great value. The beach is a short 5 minute walk from the hotel. Our king suite was very spacious with a deck and ocean view. There's a mini-kitchen with microwave and fridge and a separate sitting area with a couch, 2 chairs and table. 3 TVs in the room was a bit overkill but maybe some people enjoy a TV in the bathroom?? Our bed was firm but comfortable. The room was clean. The staff was attentive and friendly.

On the negative side, the walls are quite thin and you can hear noise from the hall and water running in other rooms. There's a really corny fake fireplace in the room that emits no heat and runs on a timer that clicks away and destroys the "ambience" of the "fire."

We would definitely stay again but probably wouldn't pay full price. The location cannot be beat.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
oceanshoresmanager, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2010

Dear Misha22,

Thank you for taking the time to post comments regarding your sunny winter weekend stay at the Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Ocean Shores.

I was delighted to read that you found our location (directly on the beach in Ocean Shores) and our price to be excellent and great value for you and your family. Shilo Inns takes great pride in offering "Affordable Excellence" with clean accommodations and a friendly staff to accommodate your needs and wishes. All of our ocean view junior suites offer a very spacious deck and a fabulous ocean view as well as the three TV's in the room for those guests who do not want to miss a minute of their favorite television programs. I was glad to see that you enjoyed the mini-kitchen with its microwave and fridge in the separate sitting area with a couch and 2 chairs and table.

I was sorry to read that you heard noise from the hall and we will do a better job in monitoring hall noise from our enthusiastic and exuberant guests who are excited about being at our Shilo Inns - Ocean Shores. The electric fireplaces present a romantic ambiance while sitting in the room and gazing out at the surf and the Pacific Ocean. I have asked our maintenance team to look into the timer in your room and to see about replacing it with a quieter timer so that the "ambiance" of the "fire" is not diminished.

We look forward to being of service to you and your family on your next visit to Ocean Shores and thank you for making Shilo Inns Suites Hotel - Ocean Shores your lodging facility of choice where the "location cannot be beat."

Tim - Hotel Management

Reviewed November 28, 2009

My two brothers went to get some relaxation and we got it at this very nice place. We sat in the restaurant for almost two hours just looking at the ocean while enjoying our meal.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Loved the view and relaxed atmosphere of the ocean shores shilo inn. Staff was pleasant, down to earth and friendly. They made my day when the service in the restaurant told me everything I needed to know about the peninsula. Great time, and great price for the gorgeous view we got. We will be back soon!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelerXpert2004
Reviewed November 7, 2009

We loved this hotel! The room was very big and had 3 t.v.'s! The balcony had a terrific view and we spent alot of time looking at the amazing storm that had come in. The hotel is very clean and in a great location. We had a drink in the bar and the bartender was very nice and gave us alot of driving tips and great directions to Forks. He made the best bloody mary Ive ever had.. We have stayed at other hotels in Ocean Shores but in my opinion, this is the nicest...

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Judy E
Reviewed September 21, 2009

It was a last minute trip with three young children under the age of 2. The balcony door was broken and I smashed my foot in it when it shut. when I told them all they said was ' ill write a report' no "im sorry", no "were you hurt". The room was clean and it had a nice view but the service was not good. There was a troop of young kids running in the halls up until 12 am

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
oceanshoresmanager, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2009

Dear jacquenjacob:

Thank you for taking the time to post comments regarding your recent stay at the Shilo Inn Suites Hotel – Ocean Shores.

I am sorry your foot was smashed by the balcony door. The Chief Facility Engineer has since installed a piece of equipment that prevents the door from closing too quickly. I have also spoken with our front desk team and emphasized the importance of empathetic listening skills and offering apologies when appropriate. One more thing – the hotel staff is now more diligent in securing our hallways after 10 pm for the courtesy and consideration of all our guests.

I am glad you enjoyed the beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean from your ocean view suite and I happily shared your feedback on the cleanliness of your room with our housekeeping team. I have to agree with you that they do an outstanding job in cleaning and keeping our rooms spotless maintaining Shilo’s standard of affordable excellence.

We look forward to another opportunity of being of service to you and your young family the next time you visit Ocean Shores.

Tim – Hotel Management

Reviewed September 15, 2009

Me and my two friends went to Ocean Shores this weekend for my 13th Birthday Party. We had a BLAST in the 24 hour POOL! We were greeted by the GM and staff and as mom checked us in, we headed to the pool room to change. Magnificent statues of Dolphins and Mermaid surrounded us in the lobby and the enormous fish tanks in the lobby were visiable from inside the pool as if the fish were watching us, watching them swim, as we searched for our glow stick under water. Our room was so big, we checked out the closets, 3 TV's (one for each of us to watch) Even one in the Bathroom! We opened the doors of our balcony Ocean View room, and set our thoughts on a romantic walk on the beach when it got dark, after cake of course. The biggest surprise of all was that the staff were expecting me, My Name was on the Big Shilo Inn Sign, and my friends and I took our picture under. Thanks so much to the wonderful staff for the birthday balloon's and fresh plate of cookies and fresh strawberries in our room upon our arrival. I can't wait till I can come again. It will always be a Birthday to Remember. Kilah

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank kilahsmom
Reviewed September 11, 2009

found this Hotel almost by accident. So glad we did.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple