“This hotel needs an update”

Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed there over Presidents' Day weekend. This hotel is trapped in the 90's. The decor is wildly floral.the fish tanks need to be cleaned. I felt sorry for the fish. The view from our room was spectacular!!! Nice balcony . Nice bed and bedding.However the fire place was electric and on a timer that ticked. Usually the hotel offers a free breakfast menu at there attached restaurant however because it was a holiday they only gave $2.00 off coupons. I thought because it was a shilo it would be more upscale considering the price

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Having stayed here before and enjoyed it; we thought we would book a jetted tub room for our anniversary. Once we opened up the door to our room we looked and looked for the jetted tub that we paid a few extra bucks for. Imagine our surprise when the jetted tub room was actually the BATHTUB. We were greatly disappointed. Next time I will save the extra money and use the community jetted tub (jacuzzi) that is near the pool downstairs.

Other than that the weekend was great. As others have stated the hotel is starting to show wear and tear, water stains on the doors, sliding closet doors that don't slide, older non flat screen tvs, creaky bed frame (only when you sit on the right side). Had a great breakfast both mornings, only got $2 off for each of us tho. It was nice that we could order what we wanted.

Yes we will be back but in a regular room and also because they are cheaper than an other hotel we have stayed at previously.

Room Tip: Don't book a jetted tub room unless you want a bathtub with jets.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Decemberborn
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Decemberborn,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your anniversary weekend with us in spite of your disappointment with the jetted tub that was in your room. We look forward to your next stay with us.

General Manager.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Learned a big lesson by Booking with a sales rep from Expedia. Hate to be negative but this is what happened. I called Expedia and asked questions. I was pissed from the gate in this experience.This Expedia guy told me the first floor had a fenced private patio for dogs. He said his guess would be that we were 200 feet from the ocean, we could warm up by the fire place, and the view was great. This guy answered every question to sell only. Anyway, The view is not what I asked for, you have to be up above the first floor to see the ocean.The Ocean is about 2000 feet way not 200.There is Not a fenced patio, just a door and a chair outside of it.The fire place was just for show, NOT warmth.Then I felt during check in they were under staffed. Had to have husband and 3 dogs wait in car for about 30 minutes and no one even offered to help bring in our stuff. We booked Friday - Monday, 2 people and 3 dogs so lot's of stuff. After we got to our room we unpacked, filled our refrig. and found out the heater in the room didn't work. They offered us another room but heck, we just came from a long drive with 3 dogs and unpacked a ton of stuff. They fixed the heat it but it brook down again. Cold all night, then they replaced the heater. Sorry to gripe, but Expedia was VERY miss leading. The hotel staff was very nice, great service from Chris B. in the restaurant. GM Nikki and her staff was very nice along with Mike Smith which they gave us a 50 dinner card and was appreciated. At first I wanted my money back but the hotel said I had to go through Expedia which again wasn't happy about. I just wanted to experience what I was told. Oh and our bed slopped down on each side. If we did not have so much stuff and our dogs we would of moved. Probably would not come back unless it was on Expedia.

Room Tip: Ask GM not Expedia
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry that the heater in your room malfunctioned, but we are happy that we could make it up to you with a complimentary dinner, and we also waived your pet fees as a gesture of hospitality to let you know that you are a valued guest. We hope the rest of your stay was a lovely one and that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I booked the Shilo Inn at Ocean Shores WA. I was pissed when the damn on-line booking (I don't recommend using any of them now) instead go to http://shiloinns.com/ and book it yourself. Some punk on the booking site that seemed to do all Ocean Shores said we couldn't bring dogs. My wife has a service dog we had to kennel for a week and think that darn company should at least comp us for a night stay as a result of this! Shilo Inn policy is dogs are ok!

Other than than, the facility itself exceeded my expectations. VERY clean and organized. Gabriel M was our waiter for the week serving complimentary breakfasts for us. Amazing menu. I thought it would be your usual boring, unfilling "continental breakfast" which you know sucks. This was well done breakfast with multiple selections. I was all-in on the mushroom omelet and hash browns. The biscuits and gravey weren't bad either!

Shout out to Katrina on the 4th floor too. Nice lady, nice job on housekeeping our room.

Mike, who I think is the GM helped in the restuarant/bar over New Years and certainly is the right guy for the job. Very friendly and made us feel at home.

My future return trips to Ocean Shores will be here at the Shilo...but I will book on their own site and not use the internet search results to book.

Room Tip: Oh, get the top floor-the 4th floor as the view is great from there! These rooms are suits with fire...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Tim,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are really pleased that we met and exceeded your expectations. We are sorry that it wasn’t’ communicated to you that we are a “dog friendly” hotel, but now that you know, we look forward to welcoming you back, with your dog the next time you stay. I will share your comments with Mike Smith, our Restaurant General Manager, and I’m sure he will be pleased.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i booked two nights over thanksgiving. The room was awesome.
The room sevice was fast and the food was hot. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear DK_Johnson64,

Thank you for your stay with us on Thanksgiving. We love to have our guests enjoy the holidays with us. We hope to see you at Christmas.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Wife and I stayed on second floor, tv in every room. Literally every room. The fireplace was a nice touch, especially with the stormy weather and the mini suite was very nice. Lots of room in the room! Staff was great, view was great and we are hoping to come back this month for another short weekend getaway. We enjoyed the pool, sauna and hot tub.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jason,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are always glad to know that our guests enjoy their stay with us. We are happy that all of the facilities met with your approval, and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel was beautiful and sooo clean! I hadn't been to this hotel in quite a few years and I was totally blown away by how different it is under the new general manager. It was nice before but now... the cleanliness blows this perfectionist's socks off! The beds were wonderful, the staff was so friendly, every single person working there had a smile was always up for conversation, even the late night staff. We stayed in a first floor room which was great because we brought our pup along and the first floor rooms have personal back doors leading out to a very clean area to walk your dog, and the beach is right there! I've stayed at other Shilo hotels before because it's always a great value but I can now confidently say the Shilo in Ocean Shores is the best! We ate breakfast in the restaurant and the service and food was excellent, my coffee cup never ran low :) Thanks Shilo! I'll be back!

Room Tip: As far as I could tell, all of the rooms face the ocean so you'll always have a great view. It r...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kori,

Thank you so much for your great positive review. Cleanliness and the comfort of our guests is number 1 in importance to us, and we are glad we didn’t let you down. So pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.