“Horrible service, thieves”

Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I came to the front desk to ask for a cab. I took my sunglasses off and laid them on the counter and walked over to the sofa in the lobby (maybe 4-5 feet away). Maybe a minute goes by and I can't find my glasses so I ask the two girls at the front desk, one of which was helping me a minute earlier, if she had seen my sunglasses. She and the other girl says no. I keep looking for them then my brother decides to check over and behind the counter (at the front desk) and there they were. One of the girls picked them up and put them away. I had been standing in front or her for 2-3 minutes and she never thought of asking if someone had left their sunglasses behind, instead had decided to keep them. I told her, the joke is really on you because although fashionable and expensive, they're also prescription sunglasses. She wouldn't make eye contact or look up to see me in the face. Instead looked away. I couldn't believe it!!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank CynLeopard
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear CynLeopard,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns. I am certainly glad our staff was able to locate the sunglasses you left behind, however was very disappointed to read your accusations calling our staff “thieves”. I can assure you our staff had no intention of keeping the sunglasses you left on the counter and apologize if they neglected to immediately respond to you. I am certainly glad they were returned to you before you left the area . Thank you again for visiting the Shilo Inn Ocean Shores.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I recently spent 2 nights and 3 days at the Ocean Shores Shilo. The room was very comfortable and nice and clean. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. I had planned to venture out for most of my meals but wound up eating at the Shilo's restaurant for most of them. The food was great, I especially loved the seafood fettuccine. This property is definitely a classy touch to the city!

Room Tip: You cant beat the view from the 3rd or 4th floors. Unfortunately there isn't much of a view f r...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear John-Tom R,

Thank you for your recent visit and your positive comments on your stay. We take pride in pleasing our guests, and are very happy to know that you were pleased. I will pass along your compliments to the Chef and the Restaurant Manager. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Excellent service. Outstanding food, served by the great Gabriel! Thank you for a wonderful time had by our whole family! Really appreciated the pool and spa being available 24/7. My grandsons loved spending tine together. This was a family reunion and we plan to do it again at your facility. Gabriel, please be there. You were awesome, courteous, friendly and have an exceptional sense of humor.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear LindaKirton,

We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy that we provided such a great backdrop for a memorable family reunion and we look forward to hosting your family again. I will pass along your positive comments to Gabriel, and I must tell you we agree with you. He is a stellar employee.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at this Inn and it was very nice and clean and the bed was so comfortable. The big surprise was how delicious the restaurant was and we were so lucky to have Stephanie as our server. Not only was she knowledgeable of the menu. she was one of the best servers we ever had in a restaurant. She was very attentive to our needs and a warm and friendly person. We stayed two days and ate all our meals there. We usually never eat in a hotel restaurant. They had an excellent chef and a wide variety on their menu. My husband had Salmon for dinner and it was cooked to perfection. We really enjoyed the crab cakes and eggs benedict. Such a delicious combination for breakfast. Everyone we came in contact with was nice and friendly from the hostess at the restaurant to the maintenance staff. The manager was also present in the restaurant actually helping out and came to talk to us. If you are in the Ocean Shores area make sure you check out the Shilo Inn and ask for Stephanie as your server at the restaurant.

Room Tip: Each room has an great ocean view. We would wake up early and take a walk down the road next to the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear KLK1306,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We are proud to provide “Affordable Excellence” to our guests, and that is our constant goal. Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed the facility, and especially enjoyed the restaurant. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a fascinating property. Stepping through the lobby door is like going back through time to the 1980's. Very kitschy sea-themed décor. The property is well-maintained but dated.

Our room was huge, with large bathroom, bedroom-area, kitchenette/sitting area, and balcony overlooking a distant view of the beach. The king bed was huge but hard; not conducive to a restful sleep for most people. Room technology was state of the art when it was built, but not up to the standards of 2013. The room was clean, but beware, seagulls love to roost on the hotel roof and their feathers and other detritus litter the walkway in front of the building.

This was my first visit to Ocean Shores; I had always wondered what was back there. I must say that I was disappointed, I don't need to go again. The town has no character. It is a 1960's planned community made up of touristy strip malls.

Question to management...why are all of the beach-front properties in this town set so far back from the shore?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Traveler5121,

The reason the hotels are all set back from the shore is that there is a city ordinance that prohibits building on the dunes. They are a protected wild life habitat. Thank you for noticing that the property is well maintained, we strive to keep it that way for the comfort of our guests. The hotel was actually built in 1995. Many guests tell us they enjoy our decor, and enjoy the Wyland art and sculptures that are throughout the hotel. We are sorry that you were disappointed in your visit to Ocean Shores. Perhaps if you give yourself another chance, you will learn to enjoy the quiet and serenity of beach life, which is the reason most people visit here and even choose to live here. Thank you for your honest review.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We've stayed here twice now. The only hotel we've ever stayed in that we had absolutely NO complaints. Staff was fast for everything we asked for. The people in this town are just amazing! Thank you Shilo for always making us feel welcome!

Room Tip: Ask for third floor, the view is amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Coopers7228,

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and like come back often. We strive to please our guests and love to hear about it when we do. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

General Manager.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Great rooms with amazing views!! We had a comfortable stay and enjoyed our time! The lady who booked our room ( Taysha) was very helpful and had great customer service! Clean restaurant and lounge. Great pool area!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Tammerella1,

We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Taysha is a great hospitality agent and we are pleased she was so helpful to you. We take pride in our facility and are happy that you enjoyed the pool, restaurant and lounge. We hope to see you again soon.