“Great place to stay!”

Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Thank you for the beautiful rooms, great service and helpful guide to everything in the area. Close to the beach and nice pool, sauna and gym. Definitely worth the money and more! We will be coming back to stay again

• Stayed August 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Kj1212,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your beautiful ocean view Jr. Suite, and the rest of our Resort Hotel. Affordable Excellence is our motto, and we are happy that you found Shilo Inn Suites Hotel in Ocean Shores “worth the money and more”. We hope to see you again very soon.

Nikki Hoggan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Best place to stay! Great 24 hour pool, great location, great place to eat and incredible staff!!! Love it and come every year!! The only ave we stay! Live the rooms and the l location. Staff are wonderful and friendly

• Stayed August 2013
Dear ScrubsFisher,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our facility and staff. We enjoy your visits with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed here 8/2-8/3 for 2 nights. Booked room through Expedia. Dbl room. 4 people & 1 dog. Our friends who live near by recommended hotel for price, convenience to beach and pet policy ($25 per pet total). Other Trip Advisors gave a range of reviews from poor, fair to great. It was now up to me to decide for myself.

Check in is 4pm. Arrived promptly at 4pm since we killed some time before on the beach waiting. Staff greeted us with friendly professional attitudes. Rooms were ready.

Our room was #114. Pet rooms are located on 1st floor with back door. Very convenient when traveling with pets. Room is outdated but, it is spacious & clean & that is all I care about. The kitchenette/ small eating/ sitting area was an added bonus that I was not expecting. Kitchenette is separated from sleeping area by wall. Sink, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, drawers and under cabinets. Had small table for 2 to eat at. Small pull out love seat (additional sleeping if needed) fireplace & tv!

2 double beds facing entertainment center w/tv. Clean & comfortable. Sheets were soft & pillows acceptable. Additional vanity w/ sink located outside of bathroom w/ an additional hair dryer (2 total). Bathroom was clean, big & also had a tv.

Took advantage of the pool & hot tub both decent size. What you would expect inside hotels. Located next to pool area is and exercise room (did not use) restroom. Sauna & steam room.

Went to lounge/restaurant Fri night for late dinner & drinks. Very friendly staff. Fire pit table in lounge area to sit around. I recommend the clam chowder.

No complimentary continental breakfast offered due to there onsite restaurant. Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch & dinner. Menu & prices can be found on their website.

There is a complimentary coffee bar located just pass lobby. Typical “office coffee” I took advantage of the coffee shop “Coastal Grounds” located next to Shilo’s parking lot same side. But, I found that within 2 blks of the hotel their were at total of 3 coffee houses.

Amenities w/in walking distance of hotel that we utilized. Across the street a pizza house the Red Genie. Good pizza & beer. Also across the street is a bakery that smells wonderful! 2blks down is a McDonalds & IGA grocery store. Having the grocery store was wonderful to stock up on snacks & drinks. Took our back pack stocked up & walked back to hotel.

I recommend Shilo Inn Ocean Shores. Friendly, clean, next to beach & reasonably priced ($150/per night) Shilo Inn is a good deal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mborders
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear mborders,

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your satisfaction and enjoyment is our goal when we welcome you as our guest. We are very aware that your experience in our lovely resort makes a lasting impression, and we hope that you will visit us again very soon.

Covington, Washington
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband, and I, were on vacation at Long Beach and decided to drive to Ocean Shores for some shopping and lunch. We had a very enjoyable lunch and our waiter (Rick) was very helpful and did an excellent job with customer service. We ate in the lounge as we didn't want a very heavy meal and the lounge had a better selection of food (happy hour items were also included in the menu, but neither of us drink so the food was more for us). Thanks for making us feel welcome, Rick!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear tosume2008,

It is always a treat to hear from one of our guests about a positive experience at our Restaurant and Lounge. Rick is one of our service specialists that loves what he does and it shows in the way he provides fantastic service to our guests. Thank you for coming to visit our Ocean Shores property and especially for taking the time to give kudos. We’ll pass your review on to Rick so he gets a pat on the back from you and us.

Best regards,

Mike Smith
Food & Beverage Director
Graham, Washington
Reviewed July 29, 2013

They messed up on our reservation three times and when we talked to them we got "sorry". We asked to speak with the manager Nikki Hoggan, but she said she was too busy to speak with us. In fact she was sitting at her desk and not willing to come out and do her job. I found that to be extremely unprofessional and very cowardly.
It is very old and outdated hotel with horrible customer service. If you go to the restaurant/lounge it will take 30 minutes to get a drink. Don't think about ordering food because it will be at least be an hour before you get it.
I was dissatisfied with my stay, but it also doesn't surprise me because they have a manager that won't even do her job and handle customer concerns.
I will not be returning to Shiloh Inn again. I think I will stick with the Ramada Inn which is only a few hotels down. It is clean and they have great customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank smch1019
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear smch,

You are right, we did not have the correct information on your reservation, and that was a computer problem, but still our fault. You had requested an upper floor suite with a king bed, and we gave you an upper floor room with 2 queen beds, and we were not able to change your room type on friday when you checked in. We did deeply discount your rate in the hope that you would find that acceptable. The following morning we had an upper floor room with a jacuzzi available, and we called your room and offered that to you, at the same discounted rate that we had given you at check in. You indicated to us at that time that you would stay in the room with 2 queen beds and did not want to change rooms. I was not sitting at my desk, I had to leave the hotel for an appointment off property, but I am sorry that you felt I was not responsive to your request. I hope that you will give us another chance, and I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you, if you would like to call me to discuss how we can earn your approval.

Upper Peninsula
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place has been well maintained, but it is still a 1970's or 80's property. We found it to be clean and comfortable, but the building looked tired, the staff looked tired, and both were unable to meet our expectations for this visit. Until it is renovated and the staff is better trained I would try somewhere else for our next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Ocean view is best from the higher floors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear G Roger P,

We are sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. We appreciate your comments regarding the upkeep and cleanliness of our hotel, and we work diligently to please our guests. Thank you for your comments, and if you would like to discuss how we might better serve you, please don't hesitate to call me.

Nikki Hoggan,
West Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place must of been awesome....in 1980. Seriously nothing has been updated since then. We were traveling the Pacific Coast Byway and decided to make a little detour and stay on the shore. This place, was like stepping back in time. It was dingy and the windows/balcony were so full of seagull poop you could not go outside for fear of catching a disease. The beach is a drive on beach and quite a distance from the hotel as they boast ocean view from all rooms but it is quite a distance. It's a fun experience to drive up to the water but after that its over. Who wants to sit on a beach in oil and radiator fluid from the cars. Yuck. We had booked 2 nights ahead of time on a third party service. We left after one night and took a loss. The town is also like a ghost town in the highest tourist season: July. Every other house is for sale. Not a nice hotel or town to visit. Was my least favorite on my Pacific Northwest vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple