“Enjoyed the restaurant”

Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband, and I, were on vacation at Long Beach and decided to drive to Ocean Shores for some shopping and lunch. We had a very enjoyable lunch and our waiter (Rick) was very helpful and did an excellent job with customer service. We ate in the lounge as we didn't want a very heavy meal and the lounge had a better selection of food (happy hour items were also included in the menu, but neither of us drink so the food was more for us). Thanks for making us feel welcome, Rick!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear tosume2008,

It is always a treat to hear from one of our guests about a positive experience at our Restaurant and Lounge. Rick is one of our service specialists that loves what he does and it shows in the way he provides fantastic service to our guests. Thank you for coming to visit our Ocean Shores property and especially for taking the time to give kudos. We’ll pass your review on to Rick so he gets a pat on the back from you and us.

Best regards,

Mike Smith
Food & Beverage Director

Reviewed July 29, 2013

They messed up on our reservation three times and when we talked to them we got "sorry". We asked to speak with the manager Nikki Hoggan, but she said she was too busy to speak with us. In fact she was sitting at her desk and not willing to come out and do her job. I found that to be extremely unprofessional and very cowardly.
It is very old and outdated hotel with horrible customer service. If you go to the restaurant/lounge it will take 30 minutes to get a drink. Don't think about ordering food because it will be at least be an hour before you get it.
I was dissatisfied with my stay, but it also doesn't surprise me because they have a manager that won't even do her job and handle customer concerns.
I will not be returning to Shiloh Inn again. I think I will stick with the Ramada Inn which is only a few hotels down. It is clean and they have great customer service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank smch1019
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear smch,

You are right, we did not have the correct information on your reservation, and that was a computer problem, but still our fault. You had requested an upper floor suite with a king bed, and we gave you an upper floor room with 2 queen beds, and we were not able to change your room type on friday when you checked in. We did deeply discount your rate in the hope that you would find that acceptable. The following morning we had an upper floor room with a jacuzzi available, and we called your room and offered that to you, at the same discounted rate that we had given you at check in. You indicated to us at that time that you would stay in the room with 2 queen beds and did not want to change rooms. I was not sitting at my desk, I had to leave the hotel for an appointment off property, but I am sorry that you felt I was not responsive to your request. I hope that you will give us another chance, and I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you, if you would like to call me to discuss how we can earn your approval.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place has been well maintained, but it is still a 1970's or 80's property. We found it to be clean and comfortable, but the building looked tired, the staff looked tired, and both were unable to meet our expectations for this visit. Until it is renovated and the staff is better trained I would try somewhere else for our next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Ocean view is best from the higher floors.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear G Roger P,

We are sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. We appreciate your comments regarding the upkeep and cleanliness of our hotel, and we work diligently to please our guests. Thank you for your comments, and if you would like to discuss how we might better serve you, please don't hesitate to call me.

Nikki Hoggan,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place must of been awesome....in 1980. Seriously nothing has been updated since then. We were traveling the Pacific Coast Byway and decided to make a little detour and stay on the shore. This place, was like stepping back in time. It was dingy and the windows/balcony were so full of seagull poop you could not go outside for fear of catching a disease. The beach is a drive on beach and quite a distance from the hotel as they boast ocean view from all rooms but it is quite a distance. It's a fun experience to drive up to the water but after that its over. Who wants to sit on a beach in oil and radiator fluid from the cars. Yuck. We had booked 2 nights ahead of time on a third party service. We left after one night and took a loss. The town is also like a ghost town in the highest tourist season: July. Every other house is for sale. Not a nice hotel or town to visit. Was my least favorite on my Pacific Northwest vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Overall - this place needs some serious updating. I think they invested it all into the lobby. It is 70's all the way. The room was generally clean, but VERY, VERY dated. The only thing that looked decent was the carpet. The mattress were rocks, furniture was old and badly chipped, and damaged and the TV are 18" TUBE televisions!! The shower had black fungus on the lower tiles. Our room was on the first floor and had a fireplace and a "view". The fireplace was electric and the view was of the 8 foot hedge behind the hotel. We couldn't see the beach at all. If you do stay here, try to get on the third floor, otherwise, it's not worth the money. On the plus - they take dogs.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Sir,

We are very sorry that your stay with us did not meet with your expectations, but thank you for sharing your experience. Your opinion is very important to us. Yes, some of our rooms still have the older style TV's, but we are working on getting the flat screens in every room. The Shilo Inn Ocean Shores was build in 1995, so it does not really reflect the decor of the 70's. Our artwork and sculptures throught the lobby and in the guest rooms are enjoyed by many of our guests. Please visit us again, and we will try to do better next time, to make your stay with us more enjoyable.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our room was supposed to be ocean view , double queen suite, was a view of bushes. The floors are thin as can be , we kept hearing loud stomping which woke us up several times during the night, went on for a bit ,then would stop and start again an hour or so later, so it was a horrible nights sleep. Needless to say , we would not ever consider staying there again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank islabound
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear islabound,

Thank you for your comments, and please accept our apology that you did not get a room on one of the upper floors. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to keep you as a guest. I will personally make sure that you get the room you are hoping for.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

OVER SIX MONTHS IN ADVANCE You book a suite for your families 4th of July and receive a call that morning asking if you are showing up, otherwise they are giving your suite away! I told them they better not give my suite away! Pretty much had to put them in their place in order to keep my reservation! Then you go to check in and they do not put you on the floor you reserved and then they want you to sign the card for a higher rate per night then you booked in well in advance! Then they only give you the rate booked because you brought the print out of the reservation, with the booked rate, but remember that rate was for a different floor than we received! We could not sleep since they had us on a lower floor, which is not what we reserved, with people running all over the top floor at all hours of the night. Customer service is in the toilet for this place all the way around! Along with, they need to sued for False Advertisement for the rate change!

They don't even deserve 1 star, it's more like a negative 3!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Schaefer S

Dear SchaeferS,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very concerned that our guests have a wonderful experience. Because July 4th weekend is such a busy one for us, we did call to confirm some reservations, but the intention was not to give away your suite, just to confirm your arrival. I am sorry that you were quoted a different rate at check in than you were told when you reserved. The person who checked you in was in training at that time and it had been a very busy day, so he may have been a bit confused, but I am glad that you were able to confirm the rate you were given. When we reserve, we don't confirm an actual floor at the time of reservation, and your reservation called for 3rd or 4th floor. I'm sorry that you were kept awake by the guests on the floor above you, people were up late due to the fireworks on the beach. We hope that you will stay with us again, and if you would like to further discuss your experience, please call me.