“Must Stay WOW”

Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We stayed at the Shilo Inn, in Ocean shores Washington. My husband and I have stayed at the ocean at least one hundred times over the last 33 years of our marriage. This is the first time at the Shilo Inn.
What a difference a hotel makes, this was different. From the moment we arrived Renee greeted us with a friendly and sweet personality. Since I am handicapped, I was nervous obout accomodations. Renee took the time to show us everything and explain all our concerns away. Accomodations were superb, 3 tvs 3 phones living area and the Beds were out of this world. Infact we would still be lounging if we could.
Dining room restaurant was managed to perfection by Ellen the food was encredible. The server catered to our every need.
None of this could have been possible with out the General manager Tim Van Houten. When it came time to leave Tim walked out with me, just another extra touch. Our time was memorable and forever special because of the staff of this hotel. Cindy & Doug Lott

Room Tip: make a reservations

Reviewed March 29, 2011

We were looking for a nice, relaxing, fun mini vacation and this was perfect! I traveled with my boyfriend and our 2 dogs and we stayed at the Shilo Inn for 2 nights.

The hotel was nice and clean. The suite was nice. Having the extra space and fridge and microwave was great. The bathroom was nice and there was even a TV in the bathroom which was cool. I took a nice bath while watching TV, kind of fun!

The hotel is just a short walk from the beach and you can see the ocean from the rooms. It is also right in the middle of the main part of Ocean Shores. There were so many options around for eating and drinking. We didn't have enough time to try everything we wanted. We'll have to go back!

I really appreciate that the Shilo Inn is dog friendly! They had a small but totally reasonable fee for having the dogs but it covered both dogs and had no size restrictions. It seemed that they put all of the dog owners (including us) on the first floor which was great because then we could exit out the back patio door to go to the beach or for a walk and didn't need to walk through the whole hotel each time. It was nice that at check in they provided a goodie bag for each dog with a few dog biscuits and a couple reminder pick bags for us. If you are traveling with dogs make sure to check out the Off-leash dog beach. It is just a little bit south of the hotel off of Taurus blvd. We had a great time there!

I would highly recommend the Shilo Inn and will plan to stay there again when we go back.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

We booked our room through expedia on the phone approximately 20 minutes before we arrived. It was approximately 8:30pm when we got there. The girl behind the desk looked up our reservation and we were not in the system. The business center was across the lobby from the desk so my husband went to look up the confirmation information and print it out for the lady. Now the time is 8:40 and the lady still can not find our reservation. We were hungry and she said it could sometimes take a little while to show up so we decided to go find dinner. She had recommended a bar/pub which was ok but had super loud karaoke which was less than desirable. We came back around 9:25 and we still don't have a room. A room in which we had already paid for over the phone. 10p, still no room for us, 11pm we are still waiting while the lady is trying to call people and fax our paper over to "reservations". At this point we are super tired and just want to go to sleep. We would have probably gone somewhere else by now but the fact that we had prepaid kept us there. Finally at 11:45p we were told we can go to our room.. and that this was a special exception because they didn't have the papers yet but were told they got a call and it should be anytime. They said they'd call our room to go to the front desk and sign once it was all ready. At 12:30a FINALLY we were official.

Super frustrated about this. Barely got 12 hours in our room.

I will admit it's the nicest place we've stayed at Ocean Shores. We usually opt for cheap over comfort. I loved the size of the room and our bed was rather comfy. The fridge and sink were great but would have been better if we had enough time to use them. We took our dogs with us, we opened our back door to take them for a walk and saw a few deer. They were beatiful just hanging out in the dunes.

I'm not sure if I would stay here again based on how long it took to get us into a room. There is absolutely no explaination for waiting 3.5 hours to get a room. I'll stick with a cheaper place that offers a continental breakfast.

3  Thank pldziewczyna82
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We stayed at the Shilo Inn at Ocean Shores for two nights in March 2011. Upon making our reservation, we indicated online that we had two adults and two children, that we would like a ground floor room and that we requested late checkout.

We checked in at about 9:45 PM, went to our room and immediately began preparing the children for bed. It was only after we'd partially unpacked and had them in their pajamas that we realized we were in the handicapped room, which had only a roll-in shower. We do need a tub for our one year old, of course. The following morning, we nicely asked at the front desk to be moved and were told that the hotel was totally full and that it would not be possible.

Our room was serviced by the housekeeping staff, and while they did make the beds and empty the trash, they did not replenish the soap or shampoo, clean the coffee maker or provide a new package of coffee for the following morning.

Also, three of the wheels on the chairs at the "dining" table in our room fell off.

The pool and jacuzzi spa, while never particularly glamorous at this hotel, were very dirty during this stay. The walls of each were covered with grime, and the pool deck was also noticeably dirty.

I emailed a note to Shilo management while staying in the room, addressing, in greater detail. the above issues. Three days later I received a phone call from Tim, the general manager of this location, apologizing, admitting that they had failed us on this trip and offering discounts on further lodging and a meal credit in the dining room. We had a pleasant conversation, and we will be taking Tim up on his offer, as we return to this area very frequently on business (and sometimes bring the children to enjoy the pool and a hotel "adventure").

The following day I received an email from Chuck, the Chief Facilities Engineer, thanking me for the information I'd provided in my original email regarding how they might better clean the pool tiles (baking soda. . . works every time). Nice touch.

So, would I recommend this Shilo based purely on this trip? Absolutely not. But, I'd recommend the hotel, in general, if you have to go to Ocean Shores, as there really isn't anything better (with a pool). That's damning praise, I know, but it's the truth.

(Note that, while the nearby Quinault Beach Resort is aesthetically nicer, it allows smoking, which is a deal-breaker for us.)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I am with the Olympis Chorus of the International Sweet Adelines. For the past 3 years we have stayed down at the Ocean Shores Shilo Inn for our annual retreat with our coaches getting ready for our Regiional Competetition.

In the past we have stayed, it seems, all over Tacoma and Olympia until we started going to the Ocean. It has compelled me to write and say what a wonderful place this is to stay. It doesn't make any difference if there are other groups also staying at the Shilo Inn, the rooms are always clean, and well cared for, the food is always outstanding and the hotel staff always goes out of their way to make our stay productive and very pleasant. Not counting the outstanding scenery from EACH of our rooms..

We will be returning again next year and are working on a contract for the year 2013.
The whole group of ladies agree, it is the best.

Sincerely and in Harmony,
Susan Zorn
Events Coordinator
Olympia Sweet Adelines

PS. you don't need to add this, but do you have any idea how difficult it can be to please 40 women?? Shnilo does it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2011

The Shilo Inn is beautiful and has the best views of the Pacific Ocean. I can't say enough about the staff; they were professional, friendly, and accommodating. Our room was clean, roomy, and very comfortable and we were very surprised to find a treat of home-made chocolate chip cookies, grapes, and welcome letter. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant; the service was excellent and my husband thought the prime rib was the best he has ever had. If you need a relaxing weekend don’t hesitate to book a room at the Shilo Inn, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I called this property to make sure I got a quiet room. The agent I spoke with assured me I would be on an upper floor and there would be no noise. The day of the trip i called to confirm our reservation had no problems. IT DID. First I was never allowed to speak with the Front Office Manager as he/she was to busy in the building to accept my call. I was passed off to another agent who said since I booked through a third party, there was nothing she could do. She did acknowledge notes were made about a quiet room but claimed that she could not tell who wrote it or when.
My first night was just horrible. There was a convention and I they were making noise both at night and the following morning. All in all I got about four hours sleep after a three hour drive from Seattle.
The next day they did more us to a very comfortable room and for this kudos. They even brought us cookies and fruit to our new room. A very nice touch. Neither of the rooms had robes and when I called the front desk the man told me to just wear a towel.

I have stayed in many hotels and even worked in some. With the big exception of the woman that checked us in, the service as well below what one would expect from a three star property.

My calls to the manager on duty while we were here which was two days went unanswered. Even though the front desk agent acknowledged there was one on site.

I would not stay at this property of any owned by the same company again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marc98124
oceanshoresmanager, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to express your valued comments about your recent visit to the Shilo Inn Ocean Shores.

We consistently receive positive comments about our service, accommodations and friendly service, so I was very disappointed to read your comments. I welcome the opportunity to discuss our areas for improvement with you personally.. I look forward to visiting with you soon and sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to provide the quality accommodations and friendly service we are so well known for. Thank you

Cordially,