“Exellent Location, So-So Mattress”

Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed May 9, 2010

You cant beat the location. The front desk staff was very nice. The free breakfast was minimal and forgetable. The bed was in need of replacement -- very soft.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
OSComfortInn, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Reviewed April 1, 2010

the staff when we first came in were very helpful. The lobby smelled like cookies and hot chocolate. Very cozy feel. Great clean room. Loved the ocean sounds, we were on the bottom floor and couldn't see the ocean, but that was ok as we drive around anyway. One of the things I didn't like was that the path was flooded, so I couldn't walk to the beach. It had been raining a lot before we got here. Also, the hot tub was "down" as the heater had broken. The pool was great as was the continental breakfast. So far, it's fairly quiet, but a little noise above us. The room is roomy and comfortable and the beds great. Internet worked great.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 7, 2009

I wasn't expecting too much because I usually stay at Hiltons, Hyatts, and Marriotts, but I was VERY pleased with this hotel. The service is not as professional, but more like a small town family which was just fine. The staff was extremely friendly and very willing to help. I had a cheaper room near the elevator with a parking lot view (which was perfectly fine with me). I never heard any elevator noise so wasn't bothered at all by that. The room was very, very clean. The linens are very nice - thick towels, and quality sheets on the bed. The only reason I didn't give the rooms an excellent rating is because the mattresses, while fairly comfortable, seemed old and should be replaced soon. Although I did have some friends staying at the Best Western Lighthouse inn, and when I looked at the room there, I was REALLY glad I chose the Comfort Inn!. The Best Western's rooms looked very shabby and my friend said her mattress sagged so bad in the middle that she requested a replacement. The breakfasts at the Comfort Inn were fairly standard with make your own waffles, biscuits and sausage gravy, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cold cereals, and pastries. They also have a decent 24 hour indoor pool and hot tub, as well as a fitness center with pretty nice and updated equipment. If I have to go back to Ocean Shores, I would most definitely stay at the Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed May 31, 2009

This is the nicest hotel in ocean shores! The staff was super nice! The managers were great!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 21, 2009

We usually preplan and prebook everything! But decided to wing it on our drive along the Pacific Coast Highway in S Washington. Wow! Not a lot of choice. We wheeled into Ocean Shores after a bit of a drive and had a choice of a few chains, most looked reasonable. And empty. May. Ocean Shores. After Spring Break. Before the season really opens. This property has managed partial view of the ocean in all rooms using a "sawtooth" floor plan. It's looking a bit worn, but clean, generally well maintained interiors ... outside could use some touch up. Continental breakfast was the new format for this chain, so good. Front desk recommended a nearby resto - again, not lots of choice at this time of year - but we walked across the street for excellent take out pizza instead. Didn't try the pool because we were just stopping along the way.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 16, 2009

When I go to hotel I was tired and just wanted to rest. The staff quickly got me to my rooom and was very welcoming and understanding that I was tired. when i called down to ask questions they answered them in a freindly manner and did not make me feel as though I was bothering them. The Breakfast was beautifully put together and again the staff was good about not making me feel like I was bothering them whan I needed something. Loved the fact that the pool and hot tub was 24 hrs. Reaaly enjoy my stay with them will return again and recommend to others

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo

Reviewed March 16, 2009

We purchased a gift certificate via a school fund raiser, which expired 7 months after purchase. The on-site manager extended it to 12 months from purchase. When I called to reserve a room in March 2009 the former manager was no longer there and the new manager would not honor the parameters of the original manager I spoke to.

Terrible management that does not care about customers!

Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family