“Comfort in Ocean Shores”

Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Port Orchard, Washington
“Comfort in Ocean Shores”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2009

This hotel is one of the best hotels is Ocean Shores for the price. It has a wonderful breakfast that saves you tons of money. It also has a nice pool and fitness center. A big plus is that it has a Starbucks right in the lobby which is the only one in Ocean Shores. One down side to this hotel is the lobby isn't very comfortable, the lobby is the breakfast area but it does have a fireplace though. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This hotel is a great place for families to have a nice vacation.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Lobby
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
OSComfortInn, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your opinion and concerns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
washington state
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2008

Me and the Hubby just decided we wanted ot get away fro the weekend spontaneously- so we decided to go to Ocean shores! My uncle and Aunt always have gave such good reviews about the comfort inn we decided to give it a whirl! We stayed in a King Jacuzzi room- and the Jacuzzi was awesome! and huge! it could fit more then 2 people! And they also had a TV right by the Tub so you could soak and watch TV- it was very nice!the view was Amazing- although I wish it had a balcony so you could step outside and admire the view- but non the less still a great room- It also had an indoor pool which was another reason We wanted to stay there- however the pool looked kinda dirty so we opted not to go in it... I think it was just because it was the low season and not many people use the pool..

They had a wonderful continental breakfast with bagels, and biscuits and gravy, and you could make your own waffles- they also have the only star bucks in town i n the lobby of this hotel which was nice! I really appreciate the fact that they give yo ua coupon book so you can get discounts around town- and they also have a book in the room with all the restaurants in the area and what they serve which really helps out!

I really liked this place over all and would stay there again! I have also stayed at the grey gull before which is nice as well

• Liked — the in room Jacuzzi!
  • Disliked — the dirtyness of the pool and no balcony or deck in the room
  • Stayed March 2008
2 Thank marialovesmexico
Grandview, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2008

After reading reviews of other hotels and condos in the Ocean Shores area, I decided to stick with something I knew and hope that the standards had not slipped into the typical beachside slumminess known with some name-brand hotels. I made reservations at the Comfort Inn and Suites because of previous good experiences at other properties with this chain.

I did not need to worry. Everything was outstanding. Check-in was a breeze and friendly -- including a gift sack with local brochures, discount coupons and two bottles of water. The desk clerk made a seamless room change for us since our grown son had elected to travel with us at the last moment. We were given a wonderful 2 king-size room with ocean view.

Other than for very minor stains on the carpet near the microwave and refrigerator, the room was spotless. our room had one bed in a loft.

The room was equipped with refrefrigerator, microwave, bar sink, coffee maker, iron, ironing board, hair dryer and two ceiling fans (one on the loft level and one on the lower level). Also, there was a gas fireplace, a sleeper sofa and desk. In our room, there were three TVs (one in the living area and one each with each bed. Bedside radios were at each bed.

There was free Internet. Wireless is available in the lobby apparently, but I could not access it in my room. However, a corded connection was available in the room and operated flawlessly.

The rooms were quiet. A paper was at the door every day (not just weekdays).

The free breakfast included the usual pastries and cereal, as well as waffles and biscuits and gravy. You could also order espresso and lattes at extra charge though the usual coffee service was available.

There is a pool and hot tub, as is normal with this chain. The hotel also had a clam-cleaning station (a nice feature if yoiu are there during clamming season).

In short, this is a wonderful property and we will be returning on future visits..

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, safety, and comfort
  • Disliked — No complaints!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Puyallup
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2008

Old hotel that they tried to fancy up with nice linens. No air conditioning; had a plain room, non ocean view (which meant we had a roof directly under our window to look at, and it included a smoke stack). I'm a 'choice rewards' card-holder, and have stayed at plenty of Comfort Inns. However, I only stayed one night, promptly checked out and went to a decent hotel. For $11 more, I got a king sized bed, fireplace suite, ocean front, at a luxury hote. Save yourself the head-ache. I went to Quinault Beach Resort, and wished I had stayed there instead of wasting money at a hotel that should not be in the Clarion Chain. Here's a picture of our view.

• Liked — It was a Clarion Hotel chain
  • Disliked — The entire hotel; shouldn't even be in the Clarion chain
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Monument Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2008

We were traveling without reservations this evening, and hotel had a large billboard outside of town advertising their $59 rate. Other similar hotels in Ocean Shores going for $99/nt. Hotel staff was fast, efficient, polite and with free breakfast and coupons for local restaurants, it was an all around bonus stay. Hotel is a short hike across a field to a very wide beach.

• Liked — Excellent price for a good room.
  • Stayed May 2007
tacoma,wa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2008

I chose this hotel based on the reviews that I had read, when we got to our room we noticed right away that our bed spread was totally dirty with god knows what on it. We saw the sheets were too. They happily replaced them for me to change.The carpets were filthy. The volume on the tv didn't work. couldn't get into the pool or hot tub because it was always full,even at 10:30 at night.(It's open 24 hrs) It was hard to sleep because the doors slam shut and there was somebody in and out next to us.The breakfast was just ok. We were unhappy with this hotel and we feel we could have gotten more for our money else where.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — it was dirty
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lucky2bmomma
Kirkland, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2008

I last stayed at this same hotel about 4 1/2 years ago while I was single on a trip to get away and have a relaxing vacation. I liked it so much that when time for another trip, I recommended this place to my new wife for a good place to stay in Ocean Shores.... I ended up eating my words as this was definitely not the same experience I had last time I visited.

First off let me be fair and say the rooms were very clean and we did indeed have an ocean view as we paid for. That's about where the niceties ceased. The staff was rude, uneducated and as we noticed most of our stay there, spent more time outside smoking than inside answering the phone and helping guests. ALL of the front desk staff reeked like smoke and it was disgusting to even stand next to them during check-in. When calling to make complaints about our room the phone would ring 10-15 times before someone would even pick up. And when they did they acted like they didn't care at all about our issues and were not proactive in fixing problems.

Our main issues were that the people upstairs from us had kids that were running a track meet for about 10-12 hours a day up until 11 pm each night. We called 3 times one day to have the front desk go talk to them only to be greeted with a staff that didn't have a clue how to service a customer. They never once went upstairs as they said they were going to (I know this because I walked up the stairs and hung out for a half hour seeing if they were actually following through because the noise did not stop), nor did they call as the stomping and running continued for hours on end. We were scheduled to stay 3 nights but at 7 am on day 2 the running started, my wife got up and called the front desk and was basically ignored. We decided to vote our displeasure with our dollar, checked out early and left town. The idiot at the front desk didn't even offer any kind of apology or anything, she just checked us out after her smoke break and just took it with a grain of salt. We will not be staying here again ever! Really piss poor service.

Oh and for those thinking about getting down on the continental breakfast, you may want to just go out or hit the IGA and make your own breakfast. At my last stay the spread was amazing and the food was actually very very good. This time it was a joke. Browning and soft fruit, very limited options and their centerpiece staple being a huge vat of sausage gravy for a winning combo of cold gravy and stale biscuits. The only thing redeeming was the waffle makers but the front desk lady kept screaming at people on how to operate them. Nothing more that I enjoy better on vacation is a rude and bitter front desk person barking orders at guests at 7 am on a Saturday. Really uncalled for. The food overall was gross and I would not bother with this. Really disappointing as the last time I was here the food was a lot better and the staff very courteous.

• Liked — Clean room
  • Disliked — Rude, unknowledgable and helpless staff. Horrible contiental breakfast. Overall lack of customer care.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple