“Always welcoming and considerate”

Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Seattle, Washington
“Always welcoming and considerate”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have stayed on several occasions - most recently on a gorgeous sunny December day - and am always met with courtesy and a nice room. They offered me a terrific upgrade as a frequent guest, even at off season rates. Looking forward to another visit very soon!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
OSComfortInn, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. Please come back and see us anytime. We look forward to seeing you again.

Larry Cook - Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed in the most fabulous room in ocean shores at the Comfort Inn. It was amazing. The upstairs loft with a huge hot tub up there. Very cozy with fireplace and excellent view of the ocean. Free breakfast, polite people and great time! I would diffenately recommend this room!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
OSComfortInn, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your birthday trip. Come see us again soon!
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was so pleased with my stay at Comfort Inn .I have stayed at other hotels in Ocean Shores before and this will be the only place I stay from now on. The whole hotel was so neat and clean. I requested extra pillows and they were already waiting for me on the bed when I got into my room. The pool and hot tub were wonderful. I really enjoyed the free breakfast ! There were so many things to eat like waffles eggs and bacon biscuits and gravy and much more. Also there is a Starbucks right inside so I could get my favorite drinks. It has excellent views of the ocean. Larry was super nice and helpful also quit funny. I can' t wait to come back to the Comfort Inn and Suites.Thank you for making our trip enjoyable :-)

Room Tip: Eat the free breakfast
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HollyBuk1977
We are so glad to hear you had a great time and we always appreciate the feedback. Thank you so much
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I planned a weekend getaway to Ocean Shores WA. We chose Comfort Inn because we had stayed there before and had a good time. We booked a Jacuzzi suite paying around $120 a night for two nights. We arrived around 8:00 pm the first night. We had dinner and unpacked everything and by the time we were ready to use the Jacuzzi we found out it was broken. My wife called the front desk and the gentleman answering the call said he would be right up to fix the problem. We were both kind of shocked and told him it was 11:00 pm and we were not presentable and his response to this was I will give you ten minutes. Not happy with that reply I told him that we were not going to be rushed as well as have our privacy interrupted
So we were able to transfer to the room next to us moving are stuff to the new room. I wasn't very happy we rented the room for the Jacuzzi to relax and not worry about anything. The hotel has a plaque at the front desk that states there is a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. I talked to the manager early next morning and he apologized and asked what he could do to make it right I suggested giving us another night sense the first night was ruined. His response was he couldn't do that but he could give me 20% off. Well so much for the 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. My wife and I were looking for a hotel at Ocean Shores to renew our vows I guess we will keep looking. Wound not recommend staying here but if you do stay at this hotel hopefully you wont experience any problems with the room because there 100% Customer Satisfaction guarantee is only worth 20%

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 104jeffi
Thank you for your feedback. I have been intentionally slow in responding to this review because sometimes we take these things personally and tend to want to be overly defensive on our responses. At the same time the same generic response would have little positive effect in responding to the guest's statements.

We do have a sign on our wall that is policy at all Comfort Inns. It reads, "Commitment to Satisfaction - If you're not satisfied with our accomodations or service please let the front desk know without delay so we can make it right"

We live by that policy every day. Not because it is policy but because we truly want to see our guests happy. That's the main reason we get into this business. We enjoy it when our guests are having a good time and don't need some policy to work towards that goal.

I am sorry that we failed to meet the guest's expectations. We did offer to fix the problem immediately and we offered more then one solution to the guest. We did also offer 25% off per night of their stay or looking at it another way 50% off for the night of the problem. I left the conversation with the impression that everything was fine. It didn't become apparent that I was wrong in my assesment until a couple of weeks later when it was too late to fix the problem.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 3, 2013

An absolutely delightful experience. Welcomed me as Elite Platinum member, upgraded us to a large suite with ocean view without additional charge. Room was outstanding, clean, comfortable, good breakfast including a Starbucks stand. Staff extremely helpful in finding a good local restaurant. Slept to the sound of the surf. Wonderful experience, would go back again without hesitation.

Room Tip: ocean view suite is great
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ocean Shores, Washington
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the fourth floor ocean front room with fireplace and a full size Jacuzzi on the second floor. We loved our stay here.
We came here last May and we were really unhappy with staff. Noticed they had a completely different staff and we were really happy with the service.
Glad we gave them a second chance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Longueuil, Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We have often used Comfort Inns during road trips, on the way to our desintation. While basic, they have always been clean and the service standard. This was a nightmare. Would not recommend to anyone. We had to request a new room when we discovered we had been put beside the hotel laundry room. The noise was such we felt like we were in about to board a helicopter (for lack of a better description). We were given another room on the second floor. While there was no noise, it looked as though housekeeping had not completed the room. There were no towels and only later when we were ready for bed did we notice the disarray under the covers. We were not sure it had been changed. But at that point we were so tired we just dealt with it. Will be a long time before we use Comfort Inns again, unless we do an inspection before check-in.

Room Tip: When using a hotel chain that is basic, don`t let previous good experiences else where be the judge...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple