“Yummm! My family loves Bennett's”

Bennett's Fish Shack
Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My family loves to eat at Bennett's. We love the fish and chips, clam strips, crab melt, and yummy salads. We've actually gone multiple days in a row! I would have given them a 5-star rating, but their pricing is (a tiny bit) high and service/seating leave a bit to be desired. But the staff is very friendly and the food is great, so we keep coming back for more, more, more!

2  Thank Lisa K

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had just pulled into the beautiful and quaint ocean shores, never visiting here before and looking for a delicious seafood place, it being a Monday it was not overly busy, but we figured it was normal after a weekend. The prices were high for the service and setting, but if the food is good I don't mind paying...to start our experience they we're out of ketchup and the pop machine was broken, I liking tea went for tea anyways. It was foamy which I've never had before and tasted disgusting. The food was not that great and the "clam" chowder was full of huge potato chunks and didn't taste of clam at all. I would not recommend this place at all, since there are several other delicious places to eat in ocean shores.

1  Thank Lindsay B
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We cruised into Ocean Shores as a day trip--we were staying up north on the coast and had never been. We stopped at a local real estate office and asked for a recommendation for a great seafood joint that wasn't stuffy and real expensive but not cheap and nasty. She quickly pointed to Bennets and we were off. Casual atmosphere for large groups or families was great. I loved that we could order at the counter and it was brought to us (saved on a big tip). So impressed by the fish, clam strips, and oysters. I thought the kids meals were overpriced (6.99) so I just shared mine with my little one and it worked out great. If we ever return to OS, we will be back!

1  Thank The_irwins
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We visited here on the recommendation of a local who mentioned their crab melt. A spacious restaurant with plenty of parking, perhaps it is full during the tourist season. It wasn't this day. A worker who was cleaning the restaurant interrupted her work to give us instructions on what we needed to do (order at the counter from her, they'd serve us). A co-worker almost immediately took our order, our having insufficient time to look over their ample menu, displayed in colorful colors and graphics, apparently supplied by a local teacher. We went for the crab, then waited. In not too long, the food was delivered, a full sandwich size cut diagonally, with ample "crab" in-between. Unfortunately, our hopes were dashed with the taste of lump crab, i.e., no flavor. In fairness to them, their sign didn't say *what* type of crab it was, but it's disingenuous to charge what they are for lump crab. Further, the fries were heavy on the oil and fried "taste." The cole slaw, which came with it, was satisfactory. The red lemonade was tart,the best part of the meal, although the worker left about 2 inches of space from the top of the cup, more than enough for even an ice-oholic. The worker at the counter came by once, late in the meal, as iff on a lark, to ask how things were. As there were no other customers there at the time, service was lacking.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The restaurant scene on Ocean Shores offers slim pickings, which surprised me considering that I have many friends who rave about Ocean Shores. This was my first visit to the area so I looked up reviews on nearly all of the restaurants in the area. Most of them had really horrible reviews. My husband, friends and I ate at two different places. This was the better of the two. You order your meal at the counter when you enter the restaurant then you're on your own to find seating. Since this place is one of the better food offerings in this small city, it was busy and finding a table for more than a party of two was difficult. The prices are average for seafood ($12-$15 per plate). After you order and find a place to sit there are runners that bring your food to the table. We waited for at least 30 minutes for our food. It may have been longer. On the plus side the food was delicious. I had the breaded halibut and chips. The fish was crisp, fresh, and not greasy. The fries were fantastic and the cocktail sauce was delicious. My husband had the dungenous crab melt and he loved it. The bartender was really nice and the drinks at the bar aren't too expensive. I would go there again, but only because the food is good and the reviews for the other places make me too scared to go anywhere else.

1  Thank Tracy G