“Family friendly great customer service”

Ocean Shores Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed July 18, 2013

A hidden gem. You are in great hands with the GM Tiffany and her staff April. The customer service is outstanding. Deers roaming outside, quiet peaceful sleeping spaces, heated outdoor pool .... Complimentary coffee and candy in the lobby... The wireless is free and reliable. We will definitely come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade... They are helpful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CarolinSeattle_901

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary this past July 4th. I couldn't think of a better place than Oceans Shores. As usual, we were warmly greeted and our accommodations were just perfect. The manager and the staff are always ready to make sure that you have a great stay. Thanks you guys!

Room Tip: Check out the second floor suites..
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

A little dated but very clean. Loved the little indoor pool for our 2 year old. The central location provided quick access to beach, shops, and food. We will most likely be back, especially considering the price point and super friendly staff. Loved 2 pots of decent drip coffee in the lounge. If you are looking for updated and modern, we suggest elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank LightningRod74
Reviewed June 28, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
5  Thank Bethany C
Reviewed June 27, 2013

In fairness to this hotel, perhaps this is the poor-stepchild room which should not be rented,and the other rooms are much better, I don't know. What I do know is that this was no suite and was not sweet. (Queen Suite was the room description.)

I thought "Suite" was used to describe a room with more room, such as having a living room area, etc. In fact, this room was quite small. It had a very old lumpy bed with box springs you could feel. There was a desk, but no chair. I had to sit on the edge of the bed to do PC work.

There were a few decorative pillows, but only 2 flat bed pillows. I was going to call the front desk about the lack of chair and the pillows, but then guess what? There was no phone.

Next, I found there was no air conditioner. I have never stayed in a modern hotel without AC. Thankfully, it was not hot, but I like the AC for white noise at night, and occasionally to drown out noise made by other occupants. I also have trouble sleeping if I am too hot. Of course, that didn't matter as the awful bed took care of that for me.

To continue on with the comedy-of-errors room, upon discovery the lack of AC, I opened the windows. To my shock, the main window had no screen!! So, I had to decide between (hopefully) comfortable temperature sleep and safety and critters joining me in the room. I was appalled. Naturally, then there were little friends everywhere: on the lampshade, on the desk, in the shower, etc. I'm sure some crawled on me when I slept. (what little I did)

We used the ice bucket and plastic bag for ice, and found it had a leak. Thankfully, we had it on a tray, otherwise, the water would have leaked all over my laptop.

The internet was on and off as well.

The woman who checked us in told us she'd had a long day, too after we said we'd had a long day of driving. Really? Isn't one of the first rules of customer service not to complain about something personal? Wouldn't the proper response be something like "I hope your stay is pleasant and you get plenty of rest."

Had most of the other rooms in town not been booked, I would have requested a refund and left.

Was there anything good about this stay?

Yes. It was when I was able to leave.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WaterfallHuntress
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I booked a room - originally for two people and our dog. I got a voucher from Living Social.com for $149 for two nights. The voucher was good for up to four people, so I ended up changing the reservation to four of us gals and took off the dog. That all went fine and they were very accommodating to us for the changes. However, once we got there, the accommodations were less than ideal. There was an overwhelming odor of bleach in the whole unit which never subsided for the two days we were there. The two queen beds were in one room - and the pull out sofa in the living room made into a bed. I must say the beds were sagging in the middle, the linens were clean but old and well worn, the blankets (one of which was filthy and had to be returned) were very thin. The carpet, while I'm sure it had been vacuumed, had stains on it that were very noticeable - given that this was a "dog-friendly" room I'd probably not expect anything more.

I have no idea what the non-dog rooms would have been like. The front office staff was helpful in bringing extra towels and blankets. However, the place is NOT on the ocean front, nor can you see the ocean from it, and it is in very poor condition. No breakfast services were offered. We got exactly what we paid for - which wasn't much. I was very disappointed. This place needs some SERIOUS attention and I would not recommend it.

Room Tip: I truly wouldn't recommend any room at this location.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cheryl M
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We bought a deal on Living Social of $149 for two nights for a double queen condo. Turns out this is two queens in the same bedroom. Since we were going with another couple, we each had to book a room. While management is trying to fix the place up, it is still pretty shabby. It's across the highway from the ocean and does not serve breakfast. The most frustrating thing was that this room was listed on the Internet that night for $59 per night while we paid about $75 with our Living Social deal. The hotel told Living Social that this rate is normally $179. Definitely overpriced. You can get better places on the ocean side for the same or less and also get breakfast. We will not be back at this price.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Penny C
Ocean S, Manager at Ocean Shores Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are running a special starting in Nov. $49 for any room for 2 people. We are working on updating our hotel. We hope to see you in the future so you can see what we've accomplished. Thanks again!!