This was our first (and last) time staying at this "hotel." We paid a bargain of a price, but it was definitely a situation where we got what we paid for. Upon entering the lobby, there was a strong smell of mildew (which, upon checkout, was replaced by a strong smell of vinegar.)
Our room was a small studio, which is what we paid for, but was overrun by crane flies and moths right outside the door, so much that we had to run in and quickly slam the door behind us not to be attacked. Upon entering, we first noticed that there was only a bed, two small nightstands and an entertainment center. There was no table or chair to set our things on. The toilet ran incessantly and everything in the bathroom was water and soap scum stained. I found at least 4 long black hairs on the towels, which all had some kind of stain on each of them.
Upon removing the top comforter of the bed, I found a worn out sheet that had white, crusty splotches on it. It was not paint. There was no air conditioning and the room was stuffy and smelled musty and as if someone was just in there, hanging out with their body smell.
Later in the evening, I went to bathe my 13 month old son in the bathtub. I ran the water and went to get him, only to come back to brown water in the tub. My husband went to the lobby to warm my son's bottle and to tell them and they apologized and said that the water heater goes out from time to time, and that they would upgrade us. Um, good. They followed their resolution with a plea for a "good review on Yelp." Man, you don't know who you're dealing with...
The next room was large, had a living area, a kitchenette and two bathrooms. Again, there was absolutely no care in cleaning the surfaces of the bathroom (gross) and there was a HUGE glob of brown hair just chillin' in the drain of the one of the showers. Sickening food smells wafted into our room from outside, but the stuffiness of the room required that at least one door be open. The other door was missing a screen, so we had no choice.
i have stayed in a lot of hotels and motels, from travelling for business, to hunting for a quick night's sleep on road trips. I am somewhat forgiving in my expectations, especially when I get a bargain of a price, but was by far the most disgusting experience I have ever had. The staff was pleasant and there was much care in the external aesthetics of the establishment, but this hotel needs a LOT of work before it's even considered acceptable to stay in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ocean Shores Inn & Suites is a condominium hotel - condos with daily and weekly rentals. Available units range from studios to one, two and three-bedrooms. Most units come fully equipped with full size kitchens. Many units include fireplaces. Heated indoor pool and heated seasonal outdoor pool. Walking distance to the beach, shopping and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ocean Shores Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Shores Inn And Suites
- Ocean Shores Hotel Ocean Shores