“Can't Imagine Anywhere Better in Ocean Shores!”

The Collins Inn and Seaside Cottages
Ranked #1 of 8 Ocean Shores B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 4, 2013

It was luck that brought my wife and I here. I was desperate to move out of a terrible hotel in Hoquiam. This was one of the few in Ocean Shores that had a room available. What a treat! My memory is terrible so I forget their names :-( but the owners are very friendly and helpful. Moreover, they built the Inn themselves. Some B&Bs cut corners or just don't have a wont or eye for detail. This place sure does! We got to see every room, and each is gorgeous. It's like being a guest in the house of someone with good taste. The location is great, away from the tourist traps and hub-bub of a resort town. We were there to birdwatch and Collins Inn is very close to all the hot spots. Everything was quiet and as private as you wanted. Breakfast can be a throw-in at most places, but not here. You are offered a choice of entres, for starters. When is that ever the case at a B&B? And the food is great. They will deliver to your room, which we requested since we were staying in the Executive Suite and had our own dining table. We were extremely pleased with our stay and eager to return!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor of the inn for a view of the ocean. The Turret Room seemed to have...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glenn N

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I spent our 20th wedding anniversary at the Collins Inn and loved it. The place is so beautiful. The architectural details were incredible. Everything was spotlessly clean and set up to pamper you wonderfully. Breakfast was delicious. We could see and hear the ocean from our room and the area was perfect for bike riding or walking. We saw wildlife everywhere from deer to birds to raccoons. The innkeepers were friendly and helpful. We will be back as often as we can.

Room Tip: The turret room was the most plush but the Pacific and Sonora are the rooms we would choose from all...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I found the Collins Inn on the Internet and was looking for a nice romantic near Ocean B&B for a special evening. This was quite a find! Jim and Cindy were extreemely gracious hosts. Our room was perfect. Nice comfortable bed, hot tub for 2 and all the extras you'd possibly need. We were actually there in Janurary 2012 which is off season (date was not given as an option). Everything was nice. We toured the coast line during the day but the meal at the Inn that night was and still is the best we've ever had traveling. My husband had lobster and salmon and said they both melted in his mouth. I had a seafood pasta dish that did the same. Jim is an excellent Chef! Rather you stay with them or not (Which you should) You must eat at the Inn if you get to Ocean Shores.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dmctc5
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Collins Inn. The owners were extremely hospitable welcoming us with giant homemade cookies! The cottage had everything you could wish for - plus more ! I'm alread looking forward to the next stay rain or shine. Coffee makers, DVD s, wi-fi, cable and much more. We all were extremely happy! Thank you Collins'
We all highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I came here on our honeymoon in 2010 and have returned each year on our anniversary to the same favorite room. The proprietors are so friendly and kind, but not at all invasive. The rooms are gorgeous and we always feel totally pampered by the in room coffee/tea/hot chocolate maker and other special details. The breakfast is phenomenal. We stayed in one of the sea side cottages with my family in March a couple of years ago and enjoyed that experience very much as well. So clean and beautiful and cozy (but didn't feel small). I recommend this place to everyone. For my husband and I it is one of the highlights of our year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeannie B
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have never stayed at a bed and breakfast before, I am quite a fan of hotels :) We normally stay at the Shilo, but after this visit...I will ONLY stay at the Collins Inn !!! We stayed in the Spiaggia room and it was AMAZING !!! The balcony overlooks the ocean and the tub was a perfect place to relax on my birthday. We normally sleep with a fan at home, and sometimes the hubby brings one, this time he forgot, but there on top of the dresser...the perfect little fan sttod waiting !! My husband was like a kid on Christmas. We stayed on a Sunday night, so we werent able to have dinner there, but the breakfast that is included was way better than anything I have had at the ocean so far. Thank you Jim and Rose for making this a great first experience, and like I said when I was there, you have now spoiled me and we will only be staying there. Cant wait to try out the cottages with the kids :)

Room Tip: Spiaggia has the best tub !!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Spent one night here the day after Thanksgiving. Had an upstairs room with a view out towards the ocean. Only queen beds available which is a negative to us as we are tall folks. The Inn itself is really nice. They have a large dining room where they serve dinner on Friday & Saturday nights which we decided to try. On this particular night we were just one of two couples dining. The tables have a view of the kitchen so you can watch the cook in action. There is also a huge salt water aquarium which fascinated Lisa- she loves the fishies! Dinner was quite nice and they let us stay down in the sitting area in front of the fire where we read until 10:00 PM. The room itself was just average: shower and commode crammed in a small closet size area, sink next to the bed and between the furnace and the small refrigerator it was noisy all night long. All in all we would stay there again maybe in a different room.

Room Tip: Eat dinner there if staying on a Fri or Sat night.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple