“Finally a restaurant that is sympathetic to gluten allergy!!”
Review of Alec's By the Sea

Alec's By the Sea
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
University Place, Washington
“Finally a restaurant that is sympathetic to gluten allergy!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My niece was visiting, and she is severely allergic to gluten. The chef went the extra mile to make sure that everything was free of gluten - including the equipment that was used!! Our lunch was so satisfying. We love Alec's By the Sea, and always eat there when we visit Ocean Shores.
Jan in University Place, WA

• Visited August 2011
6 Thank janm66

“I love it”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have been there several times and eat more and more. I highly recommend this one!

2 Thank 1986frostymab
“Highly recommended...highly disappointing!!!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Never being to Ocean Shores before, we asked the tourism office for a recommendation for a good seafood place. After being told that Alec's was our best bet, we headed there for dinner. Upon entering the restaurant we had high expectations after reading a large banner in the entrance that touted the restaurant as a favorite spot with great clam chowder. Newspaper articles on the wall further supported the high reviews of the restaurants food. What false propaganda!!!!

The clam chowder was like paste with no flavor. Rated as 'one of the best on the Washington coast' it was so thick and starchy that one
could have used it to put up wall paper. Disgusting...

For my main course I had a salmon dish and my wife had the crab
cakes. The crab cakes were good but the salmon really lacked seasoning...such a shame since
it was cooked well. The biggest
irritation was that as a side dish,
I was given unseasoned potatoes
and FROZEN vegetables that were so over cooked/steamed they were just mush on the plate. To think that in July, a restaurant cannot use fresh veggies from local markets. Unreal....
If this is what the locals consider one of their best seafood places, I feel bad that they are subjected to such a place. It is truly underwhelming food!!

2 Thank CanucklheadTravel
East Wenatchee, Washington
“Okay for the $$”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This palce has slipped a bit since we were here last. Fish & Chips were greasy, greasy. Overall a good value for the money.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Bikewrider
Kent, Washington
“I wouldn't brag about it, it's just.. okay”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My review is more based on the hype with regards to the restaurant and it's food.
It's claim "Best seafood in Grays Harbor, WA".. and on the front door, it states "reservations recommended".

I wouldn't say it's the best, but it's definitely not the worst either.. as far as reservations go, we made them, but didn't need too.

I would have to agree with other reviews that the atmosphere really did feel like a Denny's or a Shari's.. not a big deal to me, it was clean- that's always a plus.

I wasn't too happy with our service, or should I say lack there of.. maybe it was just an off night for our server- and it really wasn't that busy. This is definitely a "family" restaurant so no need to dress to impress.

Okay- the food.. the seafood was good, very moist compared to some reviews I had read.. The steak seemed juicy (but I didn't order it or try it).. The potatoes and vegetables seemed a little over-steamed and soggy, but then again- everybody does have different tastes :) Hope you enjoy what you order!

• Visited June 2011