“Hotel Review”

An EasyToBook.com traveler
Ocean Shores
Reviewed October 3, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I booked this one queen room for only $59 at Ocean Shores. I used Hotels.com $59 is a bargain at Ocean Shores. Check in went smooth - nice lady. Check out the same - nice man. The room was clean and tidy and in good shape. There are no air conditioners - not needed often in Ocean Shores. Opening the window and using the portable fan cleaned out the warm stuffiness upon initial entry. This hotel is not right on the beach like many others but a 5-10 minute walk puts you there. I spent 30 minutes in the nice hot tub. The pool is small but nice. You get free breakfast here - the regualr continental stuff but you can make huge waffles - very good. The bed was good. Overall it was a nice stay for a bargain price. The walls were a little thin - could hear the guy next door giggles until midnight (don't know....?) I will stay again when traveling alone or on a budget. Usually I pay more for one on the beach when my wife is with me but traveling alone this time romance wasn't part of the plan.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
DaysInn O, Manager at Days Inn - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

We appreciate your positive feedback. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Because no one was at the front desk, I used my cell phone to call them from the parking lot to get a price. I was told $55.00 per room and we needed two rooms. I even repeated the price back. Two minutes later when we were in the lobby I realized they charged me 69.00 per room. Of course I got irratable and the receptionist said I must have "misheard". I argued but she would not back down and would not refund me to leave and go somewhere else. (I paid cash)Neither would she give me a receipt unless I came back in in the morning. In both of the rooms the heaters were broke and continued to put out heat even though it was hot outdoors. There was no air conditioner in either room and no place to unplug the electric heat. Very few of the outlets worked and only one light worked in one room and two lights in the other room. Very difficult to do your hair in the dark! And get this.....the snack machine and soft drink machine were actually deliberately tilted just a hair so that change would stay up a little ways. Then the owners would run over and get it when you left. Lucky I was alerted to this by another guest and I used a pencil to drag it down.Just for morbid curiosity we checked them all out and found they were all tilted just enough to not let the change come all the way down. These owner or manager people are obviously rather dishonest. I did not get a receipt in the morning, I left when she was going to check and see if there were any additional charges. Probably going to charge me for excess heat!

Room Tip: Make sure you book through the internet or some reliable source.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank crekelite
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I found our room to be dirty. There were things left on the floor (like hair) from guests before us, and in the three days we were there they were never swept up. There were holes in the sheets and in the covers. I just didn't feel clean staying there.

I came for a conference and there was no availability in other hotels, otherwise I would have changed hotels. The other hotels seemed to be of the same price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2012

i will NEVER again stay at this location.
my boyfriend a few friends and i were staying at this location for a total of three days

when i had talked to the man( i think it was a family owned hotel) on the phone i asked if i could get a better rate because there was so many of us bringing our buissness there. he did give me a 2 dollar better rate then normal, but he could barley speak english.

so we get to the hotel and i had found a cupon in an entertainment book, and asked the women if i could use it and she said yes. but she had already had the recipts printed and then lied and said she put the cupon on there, which she didnt. SHE DIDNT EVEN UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!
so i just said forget about the cupon.

we went to our room, you walk in the door and there is a very odd smell, it smells dirty, and it looked like the floor had not been vaccumed from the last guest. so i just opened the window.
the bed was terriable felt like i was sleeping on cardboard all night. and there is a sheet, and a fuzzy blanket thats it.
i wake up in the morning and go to use the restroom and look in the shower ands there was 3 black disgusting looking spiders. when the house keepers had come in that day it looked like all they did was take the towels and made the bed.

later on that night we tried to go swimming and he said the pool was closing only and that it was for customers only. so not only did i pay 220.00 to stay for a couple night i couldnt even swim in the damn pool?!? i dont get it. you shouldnt own a hotel if you cant speak english!
then the Vcont. breakfast was terriable the waffle mix was watery, and the milk they were serving was expired. and the just nozzels had mold in them

never again will i stay there! i will pay more money next time!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were really excited to take the kids to the Ocean until we arrived at this hotel. The girl at the front desk was nice but the room was awful. It smelled like urine and food was on the floor from previous guest. We called the front desk to see if we could change rooms. We were told that no other rooms were available. The manager(?) came to our room and told us that the carpet was still wet. Still wet from what, I don't know.They gave us some air freshener to spray but it didn't help. Good thing we brought the playpen for our 11 month old. He was stuck in it the entire time we were there. If you plan on visiting Ocean Shores, bring a tent and sleep on the beach before you stay here!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank L S
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The staff at the front desk was very courteous. They run your credit card through the minute you arrive. When we went to our room, the entire plastic cover was off the air conditioner. We weren't sure what was going on, but my friend put in back on and it powered up/worked fine.
The room was clean but had a funky odor. By evening time, I because used to the smell and it did not bother me. The beds were clean but a little springy. They have new Keurig coffeemakers in the room. WIFI is free and the signal was very strong/smooth on both my laptop and iPhone. Speedtest showed 10 megabytes/second!
The pool and the hot tub were great, as was the continental breakfast.
Other than the cover of the air conditioner off to greet us, and the funky moldy smell at first, the room was fine. P.S. You can hear it when the neighbors shower/flush toilet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family