“The Queen Anne Honeymoon Suite was the way to go...”

MorningGlory Hotel, Resort & Suites
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Tacoma, WA
“The Queen Anne Honeymoon Suite was the way to go...”
Reviewed April 7, 2008

My husband and I wanted to take advantage of a long weekend and getaway to Ocean Shores where we had visited before but never stayed. We are a family of five to include a four year old, a two year old, and an eight month old so space was a big concern as it's still rainy season and we knew we'd be spending much time in the room. After looking at the room choices on their website we decided on the 750sq ft honeymoon suite - the space was so nice, loved it, would definitely get this room again. It cost us $159.99 a night.
Checking in was an experience, the front desk workers did not have a professional appearance dressed in clothing barely looking clean, and they reeked of cigarette smoke - scary impression at first but did not matter after these few minutes of checking in. Only a few things I didn't like about the room...one problem was that this room was advertised having a king bed and a pullout sofa - perfect for us as the kids are small. When we got to the room, we found that the sofa was not a pullout so tensions started to rise already but the nice housekeeping lady (I think she was the supervisor) saw my disappointment and let us have a rollaway without telling management (I would have fought tooth and nail for the free rollaway anyway but lucky for them I didn't have to). The one rollaway, couch and crib they provided was fine with us. The suite was nothing extra special compared to other Holiday Inn Express rooms we've stayed at - clean and neat. The bed was very comfortable. The TV in the living area had a DVD player, the one in the bedroom did not. The bedroom had a CD Alarm clock. The "kitchen" area included a big sink, counter space, drawer space, refrigerator, and microwave. It included a dining area with glass top table and metal chairs with cushioned seating that concerned me whenever we moved them on the tile floor - I didn't want to be a nuisance to the people staying downstairs so I didn't like the tile floor. Plus, the chairs had one leg always shorter than the others so it would rock and make more noise if I didn't put something under it. The bathroom included a jetted tub which was too noisy for my husband and I to enjoy but the kids sure liked it for a while.
The breakfast was typical of theirs with scrambled cheese eggs, cinnamon rolls, and the biscuits with gravy made "fresh". Food was always stocked and available.
The pool was cool, could have been warmer and the "hot" tub was a tad warmer than the pool but not much. Plus the "hot" tub had this yucky foam that formed when it was running which was a big turn off. Also, I had to call the front desk twice for towels but was told I had to wait until their staff meeting was over - not very customer service friendly.
The view was excellent and this room was only one of the few (I think there are four total) facing the ocean and having a 180 degree view of it (the other suite rooms only have about 145 degree view as it's from either side of the building.
It was close to the main shopping areas and restaurants.

I would have thought because this was a honeymoon suite that it would include some perk or bonus but it doesn't but that's ok.
I would definitely recommend this room and hotel just for the fact that it had lots of space, it offered an excellent view, and for this reason - well worth the price.

• Liked — The room size
  • Disliked — Room description online did not match what was really there, not many cable channels
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank our_party_of_five

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Washington State
Reviewed February 18, 2008

For a girls weekend stay this was a great hotel. With 3 adults and 1 four year old, we wanted a family friendly hotel right on the beach and that is what we got. Our room was on the same floor as the pool, which was a wonderful with my niece in tow.

We had a junior suite which included a living room area with it's own tv, sink, microwave and fridge. This was perfect for the nightowls and the early birds. Half could stay up and half could sleep, without a problem. The room also included a jetted tub in it's small bathroom.

On the beds were both soft and firm pillows.

The breakfast was wonderful. It included muffins, cereal, fruit and also bacon, sausage, boiled eggs, yogurt and eggos. The wonderful thing was that breakfast was included.

When my niece woke up early at 5:30, the staff gave her a yogurt, even though breakfast was not supposted to open until 6:30.

We will return to this hotel.

Stayed February 2008
3 Thank cjar8989
seattle
Reviewed November 27, 2007

I don't know about other's experience. I had a good time. It is a good place for family vacation. Specially the junior suit has two tv's so parents can watch tv while children can play games. Also the Junior suit has a mini kitchen (without stove though) that has sink and refrizerator and microwave. I would go there again and again. I also like its breakfast. Swimming pool was clean and nice. I don't think other hotel has junior suit like Holiday Inn in Ocean Shore.

• Liked — Spacey Junior Suit with two TV's
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank pikycustomer
Whidbey Island, Washington
Reviewed September 11, 2007

We stayed 2 nights over Labor Day Weekend ... oh, my aching back!! The WORST beds I have ever slept on, hands down. There was absolutely no suport. Both my husband & I could hardly move after the 1st night. It was a little better the 2nd night because instead of sharing one bed, we slept seperately ... not our idea of a romantic escape. Breakfast buffet was nice, typical. We didn't swim -- the pool was cloudy and the chlorine scent so strong that my eyes burned just walking in the room. There is no soundproofing at all -- bathroom sounds from side-neighbors were heard quite distinctly. The folks above us must've had a rambunctious youngster who ran/jumped accross the floor all afternoon & into the evening on our 2nd night. Finally I called the front desk at 9pm ... nothing changed. My husband called again & was more insistent ... the jumping finally stopped. I would never stay here again. My back couldn't take it.

• Liked — Nothing I can think of
  • Disliked — MISERABLE beds!!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed September 7, 2007

After reading the reviews from July of 2007 I was very concerned about our stay at the Holiday Inn Express @ Ocean Shores. We had stayed at this Holiday Inn Express three other times and had never had a bad experience, So when I read about bad management and loud guests I started to wonder if it had gone downhill.

Needless to say It was a decent stay for us. The staff wasn't particularly helpful but weren't horrible or rude. Our room was ok (I loved the pillows) and could've been cleaned/vaccumed just a little bit better. (I found hair under the bed, like someone had a haircut in the room). The breakfast was decent and the pool and hot tub was in need of attention. It seemed slightly off color like it needed drained.

As far as noise, it was not an issue. I think that when you have two baseball teams of teenage boys un-supervised by any parents roaming the hotel you're bound to run into problems. But that's no excuse for management to drop the ball.

Overall an average stay. If you do go make sure you have the breakfast buffett or Lunch at the LoreLei Cafe. They just opened in May and serve up the best Home Made Clam Chowder and Home made Potato Salad in Ocean Shores and I'am really picky about clam chowder.

• Liked — The location and beach access.
  • Disliked — Staff (not very personable) and cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Thank Mr.Insatiable
Oak Harbor, Washington
Reviewed July 23, 2007

We rented a queen suite for a night as a couple. It was an Okay stay. We had 4 small discomforts and one large one while staying at this Hotel. We paid $240.00 to stay one night sleep. we drove along ways to get to ocean shores and wanted a good nights sleep. In the queen suite you'd expect perfection.

1.the light bulb in the hallway was burned out
2.we had coffee lids, coffee pot, but no cups
3.the remote for the tv did not work
4.the arm of a relaxing chair was covered in sticky stuff.
5. The fire alarm went off at 2:30am and we had to stand out in the rain. Then were able to go back inside 20 mins. later.

I'ts nice to know the alarms work but for what we paid we were unsatistfied.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — The fire evcautaion and poor attention to detail in room quality
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beach_shores
seattle
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Room not ready until 6:20 p.m.,loud,bad managment.

• Disliked — bad service,managment doesn't care.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple