“Not as good as expected”

Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had a room for 2 nights - it was one of the 'non-view' cheap rooms, facing the mini golf area. The room was clean, but tiny. There were 2 beds in the room, but just one chair. Only one of us was able to sit and read etc. comfortably, the others had to slouch on the bed, which I really don't like to do. Also, there wasn't enough room to put our stuff down, just one desk-like thing with the TV on it and a table lamp and not much room for anything else. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was clean, but needs some updating. Shower curtain was ripped, toilet seat was broken, temperature regulation of the faucet didn't work very well. Hard to ventilate the room, since just one small window can be opened. Breakfast was good - standard waffles and bagels etc., but also yoghurt, eggs and bacon and some fruit. Mini golf adds some fun thing to do while there, we didn't go to the pool, so I can't comment on that. I'm not sure I would stay there again, mostly because of the size of the room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Horrible air quality in our 2 bed room..first floor. Smells musty and moody. We are still awake with burnt..itchy eyes and stuffy nose. The only air flow is the 2and 1/2 inch under the door gap and window..cant sleep here and wont come back. The pool area is cluttered with too many overscaled chairs which makes it hazardous to walk around. The chlorine levels are way too high..burns your lungs when you breathe and irritates your eyes. Greeted by a nice staff..but poor sleep and room quality on first floor facing putt putt arena. I wish I brought my tent so I could camp on the lawn and breathe.....

Room Tip: Get an a/c room..or don't stay here...maybe take allergy pills or wear a mask..I wish we could l...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was the first time we stayed at this hotel. We requested an ocean view room, and got a 3rd floor room. As luck would have it, we could see most of the fireworks on the beach right from our balcony. The fireworks started about 8:30 and didn't stop till almost midnight - thanks to so many people shooting fireworks! This hotel looks like it has been remodeled, but everything was clean and comfortable - flat screen TV in the room. The front desk people were friendly and had good suggestions for restaurants.

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room - 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

For the money a good place to stay. The rooms could be aired out a bit more. They are a bit stuffy.
If you are expecting to step out and be on the beach, forget it. The hotel is on the beach side but the beach is a half a mile walk thru the dunes.
I am not sure that you can see the ocean from the beach side rooms. They are fifty dollars more.
The staff is friendly and the breakfast was good

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The staff were very helpful and nice. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good. Pool and hot tub were good. My kids loved the mini golf course in the middle of the property. Was a hike to the ocean. Almost 1/2 mile walking on the road. Maybe 1/3 mile walking straight across the sand dunes. Didn't like the beach because I was afraid of getting hit by a car..and the fact that cars could drive on it gave it a yucky feel to me. Beach by the jetty was SO much nicer but a 10 minute drive. Didn't seem like there were any hotels by the nice beach. If I ever come back to Ocean Shores, I will try to rent a condo by the "non-car" beach at the jetty.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the ocean, definitely pay the $10 more per night an stay on the third floor ve...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My friends and I stayed last Saturday at the Quality Inn in Ocean Shores, WA. I want to acknowledge the person behind the front desk named Mary Ann. She was very friendly, had a warm smile and very helpful with best restaurants around the area. The room was simple yet clean. You could see the view of the ocean from their balcony. So I want to shout out to Mary Ann at Quality Inn and say thanks again for making us feel welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor which will give you a better view of the Ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our breakfast was so much better here than at their partner hotel a block down the street (Comfort Inn). Waffles were great.... eggs, sausage, bacon, etc... plentiful. Desk clerk was VERY friendly and helpful! I would choose this hotel next time..... good value for the price.

Room Tip: Upper floors have views... lower floors only see sand dunes.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple