“A good adaptation to a challenging environment”

Our Place Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 46 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Our property just got a new owner. He has redone the whole outside of this complex and the inside of a few of our shops. Come and check us out.
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

This is a very small family run kind of place. It is quite modest, but pleasing and very functional. The wonderful aroma of fermenting bread greeted me when I walked in and the enclosed shelves of freshly baked connamin rolls, danish and bagels was a welcone sight. I am here in the off season and am impressed that such a small modest restaurant has found a way to stay on business and provide excellent meals during this down time of the year. My breakfast - a Sicilian sausage and eggs plate, with freshly baked sourdough toast, was superior. You must order at the counter and they bring you your plate, which is a practical detail concession for their viability. An efficient, good operation.

There are newer reviews for Our Place Restaurant

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This restaurant was highly recommended. Sadly it did not come close to deserving positive recommendations. The eggs were under cooked, the clam is definitely not the best in town (as they claim), the servers were grouchy women who must have been having a bad day, the kitchen was filthy and we watched the cooks and servers unsafe food handling procedures!!! Will NOT return.

2  Thank BigJulesID
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Best, most basic breakfast in Ocean Shores and also a great bargain. Came here 2 years ago and it's the same as it was then. Fresh baked doughnuts, self-serve hot coffee and deliciously prepared breakfast.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Don't let the appearance (strip mall), counter ordering and the seating discourage you, the food is worth it. Fresh biscuits and breads are in abundance. The cinnamon roll French toast is really good, but not overly sweet. The Salmon Hash is seasoned just right, not overly salty. The Greek or Mediterranean scramble is good as well. While I didn't order or taste any, the biscuits and gravy looked delicious, and substantial. Portions were plenty, certainly more than a recommended serving size. Each plate was prepared as ordered. Some places can't seem to get an egg cooked as ordered but all of our plates came out just as we'd asked. I couldn't leave the coast without trying the clam chowder, even though it was still morning. The chowder had great flavor, but a couple bites of potato weren’t completely done. My guess is that an hour or two later the chowder would have really been ready and I expect would have rolled my eyes back in my head. What tempted me for the chowder was the "first place chowder" banner I saw hanging out front. They get my vote.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Large portions, home style cooking, reasonable prices. Dining room has had a recent remodel and looks great. This is a clean , well run local institution that has upped it's game.

1  Thank Daniel S