“Wash born”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Razor clams were a little greasy and spoiled the experience previously had at a great resturant in Montesano. Have tried this place multiple times and it is either exceptional or gastly.
Service was friendly and helpful. They were just a little off with the razor clams recommendation

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We had the Captain's Platter with Razor Clam Chowder and the Prawn Fettucine. Both were excellent and great value for what we paid. The Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae was something else - delicious!! Left very full and satisfied. Our waitress and hostess were very friendly and efficient. We will definitely return.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Maybe it was our selections, but the food was average. The over medium eggs were underdone but we were in a hurry and didn't send them back. The waitress was charming and kept our cups filled and was pleasant all the time. The hostess was prompt and attentive. We will go back for sure.

Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

They have a fish burger (cod) that actually wasn't battered and fried. My wife loved it. Everybody in our party enjoyed their meals. It's hard to find a family restaurant that serves escargot (snails). I haven't had them in years and decided to have some. The apetizer sheet didn't list a price so I asked our server. She didn't know and had to ask someone else. Then she didn't know how many wss in an order...had to go ask again. Knowledge of the menu is a must to work in the restaurant business.
Other than that the service was ok. I'm not adverse to trying this place again.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I'll admit it, I haven't eaten anything else at the Homeport besides the razor clams. They are one of the few restaurants that offer them, year round. The first time I ever had them at the Homeport was during clamming season, and the razors were fresh, cooked perfectly and melt-in-your mouth good and HUGE. When visiting in the off-clamming season, I suspect you sometimes get them fresh and sometimes they've been frozen. This last trip I could tell they were the frozen ones because the edges were a little rubbery, however the rest of the clams were wonderful. We paid 19.00 a plate which was a bargain compare to Emily's at Quinault Beach (where were staying in the hotel), who wanted 37.00 per plate for razors!

Yes, the Homeport is a little worn, with "outdated" decor...it's been there a long time. However, to me, it has a nostalgic ambience, harkening back to 1970's.

Our service was great...no complaints there. Truthfully, the food is more of a 3 to 4 star, but I'm giving it a higher rating, due to the fact that they ALWAYS have the razor clams

1  Thank clayartisan