“Get a clue!”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Get a clue!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

When you are the only customers in the store and the boy behind the counter tells you to read the signs so he doesn't have to ask what you want, then you get what you deserve. We left. I'm sorry we interrupted his day. We have been customers in the past but this place has gone downhill. Visit date was 1/20/13. Get some better help, more selections and a clue!

Visited January 2013
4 Thank Daniel S

Mukilteo, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“No visit to Ocean Shores is complete without a stop here”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

A stop at Murphy's is required on our every visit to Ocean Shores. The ice creams made on the premises are excellent (if a little expensive) as are the fudge and the salt-water taffy. Too few ice cream shops make root beer ice cream; Murphy's makes an excellent one. The varieties of fudge and taffy are remarkable and demonstrate some real imagination. The quality of service varies as local youngsters are hired to staff the shop. As a veteran, I appreciate the 10% discount extended to active-duty and retired military persons.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank FatherSteve
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good ice cream - SO EXPENSIVE!!!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Sheesh!!! I've never been to an ice cream shop that charges $5-7 for a double scoop. My God. I could get 2 pints of Ben & Jerry's for that!!! I had chai latte and coffee flavors, which were great, but I can't get past the price. Not worth $7 for 2 scoops...

1 Thank MSTWarhola
Seattle, WA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stopped in here for an ice cream cone for our 2 1/2 year old son. Way too many candy jars at arms reach for little ones coming into the store. My son grabbed one and before I could put it back the lid dropped to the floor. One of the employees yelled at us, ran over and snatched the lid out of my hand.

They charge by the ounce for ice cream which is up there with one of the more ridiculous pricing stragegies. The employees cover up the scale weight so you can't confirm you're being charge correctly. The ice cream is nothing special, the customer service is severely lacking and the place is a zoo.

Visited May 2012
4 Thank 2Thompsons
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great ice cream!”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Great ice cream, huge selection of candy. Sad however to see a lot of candy and swirled lollipops were from China. Would trust it just my 2cents. On a lighter side the fudge was good. A must visit when in Ocean Shores.

2 Thank PolarBear53