“Simply Amazing!!!”

Waves Restaurant BEST WESTERN
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Wow, I can't say it enough! My family recently visited the Waves Restaurant in Ocean Shores and I cannot express how happy we are that we decided to eat there...I have a fairly large family with very picky members...The food was amazing, the staff was unbelievably friendly and very helpful on local information. The kid sand buckets and shovels that came with the food where fantastic. The drinks came with little candy straws. Instant Hits!!! Happy kids=Happy parents...My prime rib was the best I have had in years. It has been several weeks and we still rave about it. If you have never been you must go! If you have been and didn't enjoy your experience in the past I think you owe yourself another shot. You won't be dissapointed. I know we sure weren't....Reading some of the other comments made me a little leary at first, it must have came a long way from its past. Try the desserts-Simply Amazing :)

Reviewed July 19, 2010

Waves restaurant has really turned around. Waves not only has new management but also all new staff. I have ordered the Pasta Pesto on several occasions and each and every time it has been perfect. The staff is very friendly, professional and prompt. Not to mention the amazing selection of desserts. If you have been here in the past please give them another try as I know you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 28, 2010

I have worked at the Waves for the past 2 summers just for the extra cash! I have worked in the restaurant industry for years and have never worked under such poor management ever. We would constantly run out of food, close earlier than posted and wait to clock on cause the manager over scheduled!! It is a beautiful restaurant with a great view of the dunes and oceann. Its a shame that the owner of the hotel cant find a good manager for the restaurant!! Believe me, I have offered my experience and to no avail. They have had superb cooks, waitstaff...etc...Its a shame that labor cost is more important to the owner than customer service.....I only hope that the Lighthouse Suites pulls their heads out cause they have a perfect restaurant that could be top notch!!! Dont blame the staff!!! Its not their fault!! I know first hand!! Needless to say, I went somewhere else for my extra income!!!!

1  Thank ginnythomp
Reviewed February 15, 2010

My husband and I attempted to eat her on Valentines Day. We had reservations at six and showed up to find a fairly empty restaurant. It took them at least 5 minutes to seat us. Everyone was "busy" with something else. This should have been our warning, but we decided to stay. We had poor service. It took over 25 min to get a refill on water and that was after i complained. The waitress served everyone around us, but seemed to forget we were there. It took over 50 min for our food to come, so we ended up leaving. We were the second couple to walk out in 30 min. There was also another couple complaining as we were leaving. The same waitress had told them the manager wasn't available to speak to them, but they saw her talking to me.There service is horrible and their menu is SMALL. There is only 5-7 entrees to choose from. If you want a nice meal with good service...stay away from waves. I wouldn't even eat there if I had a free meal.

1  Thank kisha1515
Reviewed August 7, 2009

My husband and I went to Ocean Shores for our Honeymoon and were there from August 2, 2009 to Friday AM, August 7, 2009. During our stay, we tried many of the small restaurants here and loved them all. Ocean Shores has food for every taste. However, on our final night, we decided to try the restaurant 'Waves' at the Best Western Hotel. I had read several reviews; some were positive and some were negative and we decided to try it to see which ones were correct. Needless to say, we should have listened to the ones that practically screamed, "DO NOT EAT HERE." We found the hotel fine, but when we walked in the door, were confronted with 2 elevators and a sign near the ceiling that read "Waves Restaurant, 3rd floor".

Upon arriving at the restaurant, we found it nearly deserted. After we were seated, we saw that we were one of only 3 sets of people there. The waitress sat us and we waited another 15 minutes for her to come back and get our drink orders. The first thing she said to us was: "We don't have the bar open tonight because the bartender never showed up." We should have left then. My husband said "well you can still give us bottles, right?" Apparently not. The waitress informed us that no one could get drinks unless they were a bartender. Strike one.

We ordered our food about 20 minutes later (appetizer: Spinach, parmesan and shrimp dip, crab fettucini and top sirloin). Another 20 minutes later we received our appetizer; mostly frozen spinach with globs of cream cheese barely mixed in and about 10 shrimp sprinkled on top. Talk about disappointing. Not to mention, it TASTED frozen and was really rather watery.

Our food arrived another half an hour later -- that is, our "soup" came half an hour later. The clam chowder tasted like the only spice they used was pepper and the chicken noodle soup looked like water and salt with a couple of noodles thrown in. Strike 2.

Our actual dinners arrived a while later; this was the most disappointing part of our meal. The fettucini smelled like someone had vomited on a plate (it didn't taste much better). The steak tasted just wrong...not sure how I would explain it. The mashed potatoes that came with the steak were grainy and the "gravy" that sat atop it was lumpy and tasted straight out of a package. Strike 3.

We asked for our check after only a few bites of our food. The waitress seemed to know the food was bad; she asked twice if it was okay and that if it wasn't, she could have it "comped". We declined, just wanting to pay and leave. Our check was $66.70. We threw our "take home" food in the garbage can sitting outside the elevator next to the entrance on the ground floor and went to the Porthole Pub. Which turned out to be THE PLACE for steak and fettucini. We spent a third of the amount of money on our "second" dinner and enjoyed the food exponentially better.

Take my advice. If you're looking for great food and exceptionally nice people, go to the pub. Take "Waves" off of your "must visit" list of restaurants. You will leave beyond disappointed.

2  Thank Flygurl624