See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

The Sands has seen better days!

An unbeatable rate, for a very simple room.
The view was amazing!
Bonus, a very reasonable walk to the
beach made it extremely fun for our family.
(Beach access path is a fun meander.)

This is a hefty investment for
the new owner, Indeed.
However,
I’m being matter of fact,
focus, on the positive.

You can easily see on arriving the
place NEEDS Upgrades, remodeling,
& improvements other than
Cosmetic, USA hotel “standards”
like hairdryers, iron & ironing board.

Lots of Cute lil birds around property!
However, Clean Up needed for ALL that stay.
(... some areas would be a 1 to 2 star rating)

Our stay was enjoyable since,
A relax visit to Ocean shores,
In the very hot & warm WA
summer we are having it was
Not an issue. (...About hairdryer / iron.)

However, if I was being a frugal
business traveler, (Like I am)...
that would’ve significantly
impeded my stay!

The staff was very friendly and
eager to resolve any question.
(This is where my star rating increases,
because the staff was so friendly and helpful!)

The breakfast offered was very simple,
two kinds of cold cereal,
danish or muffins,
a fresh fruit option,
two kinds of juice,
yogurt, applesauce,
and hot coffee or tea.
... if you’re looking for a hearty
breakfast, you may wabt to book a
room with a kitchenette,
or go to one of the local establishments.

I was under the impression of a
simple breakfast when I booked.
Staff was sure everything was presented well
and clean!
They restocked as things ran out.
(... this also raised my overall star rating.)

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2018

The hotel was relatively clean free of mold in the bathrooms, things like that. The beds however were showing extreme wear and use. The answer to this problem would to have been just put a bed skirt on it but nothing, it was pretty sad looking. The carpet is worn showing years of use, just all around updating needed. There were so many things plugged into the extended outlet I am pretty sure using the microwave and refrigerator at the same time would certainly trip the breaker.The breakfast is your standard continental style; cereal, muffin, toast, coffee
The house keeping did not replenish the coffee in the room not a big deal but would have been nice. The staff were friendly enough when speaking to them. There was no Wi Fi available but was told, that is something they are working on in the future. I think the most disturbing thing for me was the stuffed moose head above the bed, I think the theme of the place belonged in a cabin in the woods not at the beach. The lighting in the room was pretty dim, some could say ambiance. I paid for an ocean view which was not cheap by my standards, but was not able to see the ocean due to the brush which had grown up to the second story level blocking the view. I was not pleased by that. I wouldn't stay again, even if I have a reason to go back to Ocean Shores.

Room tip: Might be able to see the ocean if on the third floor.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2018

I feel that everyone considering a stay at The Sands Resort Ocean Shores Washington should be aware of the following information.
The resort is very old and in a varied state of disrepair.
Carpets and linoleum are filthy
Sliding glass door entry is failing and does not lock properly
Floors are sagging and uneven
Some structural elements including siding and trim, etc. is rotted and/or needs maintenance.
Phone in room did not work
Cooking and eating utensils and bathroom essentials inadequate for size and occupancy of unit
Noise from outside and occupants above the bottom floor units can be very annoying
We encountered RATS in our room
Advertise free breakfast, but do not tell you it is a High Carb Continental Breakfast, but there was Orange Juice

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank malu5062
Reviewed August 23, 2018

We went to the sands because it pet friendly it in need of some work but very clean and nice they have new owner and work is be done so it will be nicer soon and we will go again and take are dog that make it very nice for us.

Room tip: tell them what you want up front.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

First off, the WiFi is only available in the office lobby - there is nothing in the rooms. Overall, the place wouldn’t be bad if it had a suuuuuuper deep clean and a lot of maintenance. Location is good, view from the rooms is good....general housekeeping is horrible. The rooms appeared clean on first glance, and the bathroom at least actually was. The beds were clean, but under them wasn’t - we found toys from the previous occupants as well as food scraps. Lots of bird poop all over the common areas including on our room door and by the ice machine....

I know they’re trying to remodel, but a overall higher cleaning standard is needed in the meantime.

Trip type: Traveled with family