“Poor service - rude cook”
Review of The Dunes Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Dunes Restaurant
Yelm
“Poor service - rude cook”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

After waiting just under an hour for breakfast, we obviously irritated the staff by asking when our food would be served. The waitress rolled her eyes and the cook said angrily, "If they don't want to wait, they can just leave!" Granted it was a holiday weekend and perhaps the staff was overwhelmed but this does not give them right to be rude. Just another example of a restaurant thinking they have a geographically captive audience.

• Visited September 2013

Lakewood, Washington
“Drive the beach up to Dunes!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We took the drive on the beach up to Ocean Park from LB (9.2 miles). They are one block off the beach. The chowder is Awesome! Bigger bowl that is full of clams with a price that beats out LB resturants. The fish and chips were fresh and in my opinion were better then Ivars in Seattle. The batter was light and crispy and smelled just as good. Waitress was awesome with a positive attitude and very patriotic. I'll be back for sure. JJH

1 Thank Jason H
palm springs, ca
“Seems to be my favorite”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

During summer '12 this seems to be where I kept ending up; great patty melt and for breakfast I recommend the scraambled eggs with German Sausage; did take out here a few times as well; my only complaint is that an older gentleman, perhaps the owner??, kept' hanging around' and staring at the customers. Not a good feeling.

Visited September 2012
Spokane, Washington
“Home town feeling...”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

For two weeks every August I am in this area. My sister and I enjoy stopping here for lunch on the way back from what we are doing. I have had very good hamburgers and my latest find was the Monte Cristo.. OH Goodness.. devine!! Soups are really good too, haven't had anything bad there that I can think of.
The serving staff are all awesome.. the people that are regulars are awesome.. the atmosphere is awesome.. Don't believe what I say or anyone else on here says.. just go try it. You will either like it or not. But the choice (and taste) is yours.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sitkasky
FALLON
“Thinking of Clam Chowder.....Think Again”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Appearance and cleanliness of the place was very good. From the outside the paint scheme and flowers said to me....COME ON IN!!!.
Service was spot on - never was my ice tea glass empty and the order was taken and delievered in a timely fashion.
The Garlic toast was very good. Crisp and warm when it was brought to our table.
The Clam Chowder was - MISSING THE CLAMS. A better description of the clam chowder might have been Bacon Chowder. When I first looked at the chowder I thought it looked more like my father's first attempt at making Cream of Wheat. And my wife and I both found these strange globes of something in the chowder - when you had one on your spoon - I thought it was a lump of potatoe - when I ate it......it was like nothing was in it......no substance - no strange flavor. Maybe I should have said something - but I just decided to pass on rasiing a stink - it was just a serving of clam chowder and a glass of ice tea. Want good chowder - drive over to Astoria and go to the Wet Dog Cafe.

• Visited July 2012