“Fantastic Food, Service & Atmosphere!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Nanci and Jimella's Cafe and Cocktails
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Ocean Park
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Olympia
“Fantastic Food, Service & Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We've passed this restaurant so many times saying that we have to stop in & check them out & finally did this past weekend. Our only disappointed is that we did not stop in ages ago - everything was incredible! The food was expertly & deliciously prepared & served. We started with the clam chowder which had a wonderful flavor & texture. My only recommendation would be to add a little more clams & potatoes. Being from New England, I'm accustomed to the chowder being a little heavier on content so it could just be my own expectation. I had the Skillet Clams for my main course and they were incredibly flavorful in a way that I have never had before - Love this dish! My dinner companion had the meatloaf which he said was the best he had ever had - moist & delicious. We're looking forward to our next visit & working our way through the menu.

• Visited March 2013

Eugene, Oregon
“It was like traveling back in time…”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had a family cabin near Loomis Lake in the 60’s and early 70’s, so on a whim I took my wife on a driving tour of the Long Beach peninsula one December day. We stopped by the old cabin, and visited some landmarks and in some cases where the “landmarks” were. After walking around Leadbetter Point, we started to drive back towards Seaview on the Willipa Bay side of the peninsula. I drove pass the turn off of to go to the Ark restaurant, but I looped back just to visit the closed restaurant. Decades ago I would pack my cameras for a trip out to Long Beach and would visit the Ark on a summer’s day near sunset to bring the day to a close. and have a fine meal. By chance I noticed the sign indicating that Jimella’s was serving the Ark’s wonderful clam chowder. The plans suddenly changed, we drove off towards Ocean Park and then South to Jimella’s. The staff at Jimella’s were simply wonderful. Despite making it clear that we were only stopping by for a bowl of clam chowder, they served us as if we were having a full dinner service. Wonderful service and fantastic clam chowder made our excursion to Long Beach memorable.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Reno, Nevada
“A gourmet experience at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Renamed Jimella & Nanci's Seafood Cafe, named for the duo responsible for The Ark, the famous restaurant in Nahcotta on Willapa Bay. Nanci & Jimella moved to the other side of the Long Beach Peninsula and started this charming seafood cafe. It is smaller in scope and offers specialty market items as well as a first class dining experience in the one of the most remote areas on the Washington Coast. Jimella Lucas, is head chef, Northwest food icon and a protege of James Beard. The menu features regional, seasonal and fresh (not just seafood) and is a real bargain. I have lived in New York City, Los Angeles and Seattle and have never seen food this consistently good at such a reasonable price. The atmosphere is casual but joyfully elegant. P.S. Don't miss the desserts. Nanci Main has the gift of making splendid pies, cakes and specialty deserts that burst with flavor but are never too sweet!

• Visited November 2012
palm springs, ca
“EXPENSIVE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

nice merchandise, great clam chowder but way ovesrpriced; my visits have to be very limited due to their high prices on everything.

Visited July 2012
Ocean Park, Washington
“Best of all - its in our neighborhood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Whether you are going for ther weekly 'community dinner', lunch or their dinner, it is one of the best you can get on the Long Beach Peninsula, WA.

Additionally, the store in front has some of the finer products, including fresh fish, crab, wine, sauces and many other items of high quality.

• Visited September 2012