The George Johnson House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Lighthouse Oceanfront Resort(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$165
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
The Anchorage Cottages(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$130
Travelocity
$140
$119
$71
Best Western Long Beach Inn(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$153
BestWestern.com
Adrift Hotel and Spa(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$81
All reviewswashington coastwonderful weekendb bscharlottewarmthproprietorwalkshomebreakfastbeach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The George Johnson House last Wednesday and enjoyed it a lot. This home is filled with historical furniture and books and is very comfortable. There are 3 bedrooms --- on the 2nd floor, 1 w/ king bed and insuite bath, 1 w/ 2 beds and private bath next door, and on the 1st floor, 1 w/ queen beds and private bath next door. We stayed in the room with the king bed and slept very well. There is Wi-Fi as well as TVs with DVDs in each room. But you will want to be out enjoying the area with walks on the beach, hiking the Long Beach boardwalk or in the Willapa Wildlife Refuge, shopping or enjoying the oysters/seafood at the various restaurants/cafes. The owner of the B&B is a great cook as well and will fill you with a country style breakfast before you leave in the morning. She enjoys people and learning about what we do and have seen. I would have loved to have spent time discussing the history of the area and food. Her family lived on the Long Beach Peninsula since the 1800's. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jav9206
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We've stayed at a number of places on the Oregon and Washington coast before and were looking for something more peaceful this time, and the George Johnson House was perfect. Charlotte was wonderful and made us feel right at home, and the food was excellent. It was just a short walk to the ocean, where we walked for miles.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tyee room and liked all three rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I´ve visited the Washington coast many times but I´ve never been so close to the real Northwest atmosphere: endless beaches, quiet mornings, salty and fresh air but overall the charming little towns, and welcoming people.

Charlotte puts through her B&B the icing on the cake to the whole experience. She´s not only warm and smart but also shares with you a lot of experiences about her life in Seattle and this corner of the Northwest of the US. Share with her an early cup of coffee while she prepares a fresh cake for breakfast. OMG, did I say breakfast? I’m planning the next visit just thinking of those breakfasts!

There are other opinions that talk about this historic place, so no much more to say. I was a little bit worried about the lower bedroom that has no private bathroom. Well, nothing to be worried about: the bathroom (the one that has the old bathtub) is located in the hallway but very close to the bedroom; also there are bathrobes available so not a bad deal. Also there are available as many amenities as any other modern and fancy places like wifi, tv or bathroom toiletries. However you have the charm of a fireplace, the comfy rocking chair and a place that you wish to call home.

Before sending this review I'm not still sure if I want to share it or just keep the secret of this hidden gem...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I arranged for four friends to stay at George Johnson in September. One fo them is a retired travel agent who professed to "hate" b&bs. He gave his stay "A+" as did all of them. Three other friends were staying at my house in Ocean Park, and Charlotte provided breakfast for all of us both mornings of their stay. All who stayed there were immensely pleased with the accommodations. Bad weather or don't want to sightsee or walk on the beach? You can spend the day with Charlotte's small but well-chosen library. Is breakfast important to you? I have never (that's right - never) had a better breakfast anywhere. My wife and I stay in b&bs whenever we can when we travel, and I would rate George Johnson the best.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank william g m
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We spent three days at the incredibly charming George Johnson House in Ocean Park last weekend for my sisters wedding. Consumate Inn Keeper Charlotte Killeen stopped nothing short of us rotten! The house itself is filled with incredible artifacts, tremendous family and regional history, the delightful warmth of the arts and crafts era and all the modern conveniences one could desire. Charlottes skill in the kitchen can hardly be called simply "cooking" she is a master crafts person in the kitchen and spoiled us beyond all reason with home baked streusels, fresh almond pastries, hearty breakfasts including a superb stratta and much more. Our group slept like angels in the crisp linens and woke to the smells of coffee and baking. It was absolute perfection! I've been vacationing on the peninsula for 46 years and I will MOST DEFINITELY be back to the George Johnson! If there were 6 stars, this exceptional B & B should receive all 6!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family