Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor
Acorn Motor Inn(Oak Harbor)(Great Value!)
$94
$116
$108
The Coachman Inn & Suites(Oak Harbor)(Great Value!)
$140
$127
Orbitz.com
Wildwood Farm Bed and Breakfast(Oak Harbor)(Great Value!)
$99
Auld Holland Inn(Oak Harbor)
$139
$125
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfree laundryextended staycandlewood cupboardice makerseparate bedroomfull size refrigeratorspread outmini storeboard gameselliptical trainerrecliner chairhome away from homefitness roomthe young ladyburner stovefirst floorwhidbey island
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Pros: The building seemed newer, nicely decorated and in good condition. The gym & office were very nice. Perfect location near deception pass, many restaurants in town. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Cons: We stayed 6 days on an "outdoor adventure" vacation with each of us taking more than one shower a day, the maid service does not come in AT ALL for extended stays, meaning no fresh towels or sheets unless you want to do it yourself and haul the dirty down to the front desk! The sheets we did have had bleach spots all over them, however that does indicate they are clean. Bring your own soap/shampoo/conditioner- as one tiny bottle was provided for 6 days. They also provided a small coffee pot in the room and enough coffee for one day-- I believe they said it was 0.75 for each additional coffee pouch. These small costs aren't what bothers me--it's that we are paying for a full hotel room for all 6 nights, so why can't we have 6 nights worth of supplies and maid service included?! Also, unlike some others that wrote reviews we had a small room with only a bed, one cozy chair, and an office chair/desk. So the time that was spent in the room only one person had a chair, and the other was stuck watching tv from the bed or office chair.

Overall nice facility & staff. Based on the zero maid service for our 6 days, we would choose a different hotel if staying more than one night.

No pool or restaurants on site as it asks below.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with more than one chair or a couch if two of you want to enjoy time in the room without sitting on the bed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amy K
Pamela E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We acknowledge that an extended stay hotel is not for everyone and apologize for your stay not being 100%. I am happy to know you found our staff members friendly and our property nice. Again, Thank You for your review.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Candlewood Suites is located in Oak Harbor just a few minutes drive from Deception Pass State Park. Our room had a separate bedroom and a living/dining/kitchen area along with the bathroom and several closets/cabinets for storage. It would be a great place for an extended stay. While our time there was short (2 nights) we loved the extra space. Traveling with two children, my husband and I were very happy with the separate bedroom. Both the bedroom and living area have TVs with DVD players. The hotel has FREE movie rentals so we spent one evening relaxing and watching movies. The laundry is also FREE making catching up on laundry a breeze - no searching for mounds of change to feed the machines! The staff were very friendly and we took advantage of the "Cupboard" for snacks, drinks, and cereal and juice for a quick breakfast - all reasonably priced and easily charged to our room. We will definitely keep an eye out for other Candlewood Suites on our journeys.

(The couch is a pullout bed - that's where the kids slept.)

• Stayed: September 2013

Our TEAM here at Candlewood Oak Harbor is so pleased to know you and your family had a pleasant stay with us. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share you experience with others and hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The first thing to be aware of is that there are no rooms with more than one bed. If you know that going in it really isn't bad I guess. No breakfast. Good free coffee though. Friendly staff. Good location. New looking property.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Fl0tsam_N_Jetsam
Pamela E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank You so much for taking the time to rate our hotel. I am happy to know you found our staff friendly and that you enjoyed our coffee.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went to Oak Harbor to visit some friends for the day/night in April. I didn't have a reservation but this hotel was very happy to accomodate me upon walk in. The lady at the front desk was very helpful. She explained the differences between their hotel and the Best Western (sister resort) which I believe the only difference was the sister resort included a continental breakfast which was not the important to me. I had asked for just the most basic room as I would only be in it to sleep for a few hours. When I got to my room I was blown away. I couldn't believe how beautiful, updated, spacious, and clean it was for $100.00/night! There was a Kitchenette with an eating area, and a very large bathroom (especially for a hotel). Definitley worth the money plus more! I would love to return to this hotel when I can get back to Oak Harbor with more than just one day to spare! This is definitley a 5 star deal in my books!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank craearthur
Pamela E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank You so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found your suite to be beautiful, updated, spacious and clean. Our staff looks forward to seeing you again!

Pamela Estes

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed here for the Whidbey marathon event, and found it conveniently located, clean, and staffed with helpful, friendly employees. It’s not your high-end hotel, but if you’re scoping it out as an option, then you probably aren’t looking for that anyway. If you want somewhere safe and clean, then this is your spot. It is higher-priced for the chain because of its location and lack of competition, but is a good bet for the area.

Room Tip: Ask for the side opposite the main road (west, I believe) - cuts down on noise
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank AngelasAdventures
Pamela E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time post a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be one of Whidbey's best. Please come back and see us next year for the marathon.