“Absolutely no rooms with more than one bed”

Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oak Harbor
Winder, Georgia
“Absolutely no rooms with more than one bed”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The first thing to be aware of is that there are no rooms with more than one bed. If you know that going in it really isn't bad I guess. No breakfast. Good free coffee though. Friendly staff. Good location. New looking property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fl0tsam_N_Jetsam
Pamela E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank You so much for taking the time to rate our hotel. I am happy to know you found our staff friendly and that you enjoyed our coffee.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tofino, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went to Oak Harbor to visit some friends for the day/night in April. I didn't have a reservation but this hotel was very happy to accomodate me upon walk in. The lady at the front desk was very helpful. She explained the differences between their hotel and the Best Western (sister resort) which I believe the only difference was the sister resort included a continental breakfast which was not the important to me. I had asked for just the most basic room as I would only be in it to sleep for a few hours. When I got to my room I was blown away. I couldn't believe how beautiful, updated, spacious, and clean it was for $100.00/night! There was a Kitchenette with an eating area, and a very large bathroom (especially for a hotel). Definitley worth the money plus more! I would love to return to this hotel when I can get back to Oak Harbor with more than just one day to spare! This is definitley a 5 star deal in my books!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank craearthur
Pamela E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank You so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found your suite to be beautiful, updated, spacious and clean. Our staff looks forward to seeing you again!

Pamela Estes
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed here for the Whidbey marathon event, and found it conveniently located, clean, and staffed with helpful, friendly employees. It’s not your high-end hotel, but if you’re scoping it out as an option, then you probably aren’t looking for that anyway. If you want somewhere safe and clean, then this is your spot. It is higher-priced for the chain because of its location and lack of competition, but is a good bet for the area.

Room Tip: Ask for the side opposite the main road (west, I believe) - cuts down on noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AngelasAdventures
Pamela E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time post a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be one of Whidbey's best. Please come back and see us next year for the marathon.
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a military town and there is no high end 5 star choices, but this is the nicest and cleanest hotel in town. It is very clean, very modern with good service and front desk. Not crowded or far from any restaurants or nearby activities. Rooms have nice kitchenettes which is nice to have with full cable TV service.

The only small downside is very limited shampoo and soap condiments in the room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MrPKI
Pamela E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Our entire TEAM is dedicated to making sure every guest enjoys their stay. We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review, and are so happy to know you consider us Oak Harbor's Best.

Pamela Estes-General Manager
Candlewood Suites-Oak Harbor, WA
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Love that all the rooms are suites. Nice extras like popcorn in the room. Quiet and clean. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The girl on the morning shift helped us to find where to go for breakfast on a holiday morning. She also recommended Mt erie as a sight to see. It was beautiful...don't miss it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spungold33
Pamela E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. The Candlewood Team appreciates you taking the time to let others know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in Oak Harbor.

Pamela Estes
General Manager-Candlewood Suites-Oak Harbor WA
New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was my second time back in the area, as I travel here for work occasionally. This is a pretty decent hotel for the area, unfortunately it doesn't have the amenities of some of the larger chains that we see in the bigger cities, but the rooms were clean, well kept, and the staff were friendly. I do like that most of the rooms have a small kitchenette, and the bathrooms are a fair size. The in house complimentary movie collection is also an added bonus.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KellyB317
We are happy to hear you enjoyed our movie collection. Our entire TEAM is proud to be considered one of the BEST Oak Harbor hotels by you. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in our area.

Pamela Estes-General Manager
Candlewood Suites-Oak Harbor, WA
Enumclaw, Washington
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I will compliment staff they were friendly. But the hotel is older and the room seemed to have a slight musty smell but for the night it was ok.

They did recognize that I am a platnum member of IHG and was upgraded. I don't know how much smaller the regular rooms are. I did cancel on of my nights and moveody to a hotel in Burlington mainly because the musty smell was getting to me.

I did not gripe because I think it was mainly because its Oak Harborand usually wet.

The location is good and easy access. The majority of the places to eat and shop are less than 1 mile. A little too far to walk unless its a nice day.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor. I think a higher floor would be a little quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
#1 of 1 in Freeland
Auld Holland Inn
Auld Holland Inn
#4 of 6 in Oak Harbor

Been to Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor? Share your experiences!