“Cute Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 6 Oak Harbor B&B and Inns
Spokane
“Cute Hotel”
Reviewed May 20, 2008

This hotel isnt exactly updated it definetly could use some fixing up but it was fairly decent. Way better than the Acorn Motor Inn down the road. The double beds were a bit small but the linens and towels were clean and nice the shower was awesome. It was nice to have a fridge microwave and coffee pot. The breakfast consisted of oatmeal, 2 types of cold cereal, coffees teas juices and milks. Also hard boiled eggs and muffin options. We got a bottom room so we had the veiw of the road but it wasnt as noisy as the night before that we had chosen the acorn motor inn. The bathroom was cute but a little small like the toilet is squished between the wall and sink. But otherwise this hotel was very nice and affordable plus you get vip free apetizer cupons for their chinese restaurant right next door.

• Liked — Cleanliness, kindness, price
  • Disliked — small bathroom
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank PepsiPrincess2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
North Adams, MA
Reviewed November 27, 2007

The beds were brutally uncomfortable and the staff was surly
We stayed just one night in this roadside motel in desperate need of updating. At $65 it was inexpensive, but even at that low price it was not a good value. They say they offer continental breakfast, but you should plan on going out as the offerings are limited and the front desk person glares at you when your kid wants another packet of oatmeal. Mixed among the maps and tourist guides there are "free gospel tracts" which seemed ironic.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Ranchojello

Travelers are raving about these Oak Harbor hotels

Oak Harbor, Washington
Reviewed November 5, 2007

My family and I are military and were in the midst of a move overseas. We wanted to stay somewhere with a kitchen after we moved out of our home so that we could cook meals and not eat out every night for 2 weeks while we were waiting to leave town, so we chose the Auld Holland Inn - not the main hotel, but the mobile homes off the side of the Inn.

Where to begin? When we moved in, there was about a 1/2 case of beer left in the fridge, what looked to be melted ice cream in the freezer, and it was FREEZING inside. This was to be expected as the heater had been turned off while no one was staying there. When we walked in, the maintenance worker was inside the place and said the fire alarm was hanging down so he was there to fix it. We should have left then.

The place is fully furnished down to the pots, pans, dishes, etc. Well, most of the dishes that I pulled out of the filthy drawers and cabinets were dirty. I bleached down the cabinets and fridge before I put any of my food into them. The bedding looked like it was supposed to be white, but was really an off shade of gray. The faucets in the bathroom leaked. Also in the bathroom was a huge stain on the wall next to the mirror and on a whim I tried to wipe it off with a rag and it came right off which told me that they obviously didn't do very much cleaning between visitors. The stain appeared to be wet cobwebs or something, I'm not sure.

My daughter has allergies and they were in full force here. The carpets felt dirty when walked on with bare feet (which I did once down the hall and not again). The decor had a Brady Bunch garage sale motif - meaning very old and not well taken care of. The vinyl sofa was so filthy that we bleached it down and blackened a washcloth. My son was eaten alive by some sort of bug that we never did find out what it was. There were obscenities written inside one of the closet doors. We ended up staying a total of about 48 hours of what was supposed to be a 2-week stay.

On the plus side, the water pressure in the shower is the best I've seen for a hotel.

I have asked for a full refund, but at this point have only received a refund for the days we did not stay. I am working with the BBB to get a full refund.

• Liked — Good water pressure
  • Disliked — Filth
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank kuuipocloud
wisconsin
Reviewed March 21, 2007

Our stay was great even during the off season months. We stayed in room 206. Room 206 has two queen beds, cable tv, coffee pot,fridge,microwave, and a shower/tub with lots of hot water and great water pressure. House keeping is polite and honest besides doing a great job. In the past I have often worried about leaving valuables in a room, but they showed me honesty still lives. One morning in a hurry to leave for sight seeing I left money in the room on accident. On my return the room was not only spotless , the cash laid untouched. The office gave me brochures on travel sites and was helpfull in sugestions. The hotel also was a wonderfull asian restraunt with great food at an inexpensive price and again great help. If your looking for an expensive hotel with snobby workers and high prices I suggest you try another local hotel/motel. If you are looking for a place that my children refered to as home durring our stay try it. It is not fancy or extravigant , but has that friendly home quality that is nice to return to after a day on the go.

• Liked — service provided and room rates
  • Disliked — stayed in winter with outdoor pool and spa closed
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
Washington
Reviewed July 31, 2006

This hotel is quite old (outdated furnishings, room keys instead of cards) but our room was clean. The beds weren't very good, pretty lumpy, and definitely need to be replaced. This hotel is right next to the highway so we turned our fan on to block out the highway noise. Since you are in the country, there isn't much traffic, but you do hear the trucks occasionally going by. However, the rooms seem to be soundproofed pretty well between each other as we never heard the people on either side of us.
The pool is outdoors and clean with a large assortment of pool toys for the kids to play with.
The continental breakfast was pretty slim - coffee, packaged hot chocolate mix, orange juice, and one very small plate of muffins cut into quarters. Skip the hotel breakfast and go to Frank's Place, just down the road a short ways.
If a comfortable bed is the most important to you, you won't like this place. However, if you don't mind old furnishings, can sleep just about anywhere, and want a clean, relatively quiet room, this will do just fine.

5 Thank Swimgal
#7 of 10 in Anacortes
The Coachman Inn & Suites
The Coachman Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Oak Harbor

Been to Auld Holland Inn? Share your experiences!