“Inexpensive stay in character inn”
Review of Auld Holland Inn

Auld Holland Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Oak Harbor B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Inexpensive stay in character inn but owing to older style accommodation there was very little protection from noisy WA Rte 20 just outside window. Bed comfortable, room clean but rather dated yet at least made a change from usual chain motels. Breakfast indeed very light but welcome was friendly and homely.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Chymron

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Room was clean and comfortable. Most reasonable price in Oak Harbor. Definitely recommend to anyone who doesn't need anything too fancy. Noise was no bother from the road. Convenient place to stay if heading to Anacortez or as we did, took the ferry from Coupville to Port Townsend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank packerfan0920
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The room we stayed in was nice. It reminded me a lot of an old ladys house. Smelled the same too. It was clean, but queen size bed was more like a double. I had no problem with the noise from the street could not hear it at all. The breakfast was just as promised "light" . All in all it was a nice stay somewhere to sleep that is clean.. Not romantic, but good enough to spend a couple nights at!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melysa M
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Excellent price-quality relationship. Advantages: free internet access, king size bed, old but clean room. Disadvantages: room facing the main road, therefore quite loud. Poor breakfast. A little bit of bread for the eggs or with some marmalade and butter are not expensive and would have made it a continental breakfast. Otherwise, the treatment was accetable. Highly recommended: stopmat the brigdes of deception pass before entering Oak Harbour and plan a trip to whalewatching starting from Anacortes (reservation recommended). Good pub restaurant nearby: the Flyer.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mbernal
Reviewed August 4, 2012

An old motel but reasonably clean(carpet stains show it's age). Nothing fancy with very basic breakfast but for the price you can't go wrong. Single glazed windows don' help with lots of traffic on nearby highway. Jets practicing till late at night are part of Whidbey island and have to be expected.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jager41
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We would certainly stay here again in light of the cleanliness and very competitive pricing. That having been said, if you're finicky about modern furnishings or having a firm new mattress, or if a robust complimentary breakfast matters a lot to you, you might want to spend a little more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I arrived a little late as we were at a class and I was unaware that the office closed at 10:00 pm. I immediately apologized for checking in late and was very polite. The FIRST thing that I was told was that "this is not a party place." I was really embarrassed, borderline offended. I then explained where we came from and where we were going - which I felt like I needed to do so it would be known we were not here to make trouble. I should NOT have felt obligated to tell our personal business. Even after my explanation I was told "Well we tell this to ALL our guests, the first call is to the police." Really, you tell that to ALL your guests? Parents checking in with children?? Out of towners, foreigners? I'm sure that is NOT how you greet THOSE guests. I don't believe that my I.D. was looked at, even though I presented it, but I am a 35 year old woman. I am not a teenager, not a hooligan, not a trouble maker. I am a local and professional in the town of Oak Harbor. I was embarrassed. I really feel the comments that were made to me were unnecessary and my behavior in NO way indicated that I was there to cause trouble. I won't stay again and I will share my story of how I was treated with others here in town.

• Stayed: July 2011
#1 of 1 in Freeland
The Coachman Inn & Suites
The Coachman Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Oak Harbor

Been to Auld Holland Inn? Share your experiences!