The Coachman Inn & Suites
$119
$113
BestWestern.com
Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor(Oak Harbor)(Great Value!)
$161
CandlewoodSuites
Auld Holland Inn(Oak Harbor)
$129
Hotel Planter(La Conner)(Great Value!)
$125
$156
$188
$169
$79
Fort Worden(Port Townsend)
$170
$165
Oak Harbor Inn(Oak Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfront deskwhidbey islandwaffleshot tublarge roomqueen bedsausagewould stay here againhousekeeping staffnice place to staycomfortable bedscontinental breakfastnice breakfastfull kitchendeception passsan juan islandsthe breakfast area
Reviewed August 22, 2013

A friend recommended the Coachman Inn when we were accepted as vendors at the Coupeville Arts & Craft Festival. It was a 15 - 20 min. drive, but a welcome, restful motel. We were on the ground floor towards the end where it was very quiet. After a long day at the event, we very much appreciated that. Our check-in went quickly and the front desk gal, Beth, was welcoming and helpful with dinner ideas. The room was clean, comfortable beds, and everything we needed. The breakfast was adequate, although the waffle machines weren't working right as the dough stuck to the grids and couldn't be used. :-( We will definitely return next year if we are vendors again at the event, and certainly any other time we are in that area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jxnmom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Coachman is an old-fashioned motor inn. Nothing fancy, but the folks here are very nice. We had a spacious apartment-like room with a kitchenette, and we were able to stay with our family dog along.Those are the pluses. I agree that the furnishings and the bathrooms are dated, and there was a mildewy smell as well. I would choose South Whidbey over Oak Harbor any day, but if you have to stay overnight here, the Coachman is a good choice.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I am responding to the review that Doug J wrote, I cannot address his room but I was there when he checked in. We all had to wait as there was so much going on in Oak Harbor that the motel was full. I was in line before him and I did not get my room key until after him.. I did not mind as the staff was doing all they could. He was so rude to the girls at the front desk that I was embarrassed for him. I know that there was a delay in getting our room keys but I do feel that the staff did all they could to get us into our rooms. There was no rudeness from the front desk when he became so nasty. (I would have told him to get lost) We will always stay at the Coachman. We stayed at the Acorn the night before and paid $189 before tax for a room half the size and a muffin for breakfast. Our breakfast at the Coachman was the best and I do mean the best!!!!! Great place to stay and the staff goes over and above to make us welcome.

7  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed August 11, 2013

What we liked: pool, location, price, friendly staff.
What we did not like: dated furnishings; carpet, doors and walls looked dirty and worn.
What was just OK: breakfast, cleanliness of room.
Overall, an OK place to stay....we would probably stay again if coming to Whidbey.

1  Thank maddie4bc
Reviewed August 11, 2013

To begin at the beginning the front desk clerks were all horrible. They would not allow the AAA discount. We had a 1.5 hour wait for our room and did not get the room till 4:15. Could you say, "sorry"? We were put in a "suite" it was large but decorated by Grandma. The hot tub was cold as was breakfast. There were 3 garbage bags next to the front desk for two days (at least). We found the TV remote under the bed. The small dining table had chairs soiled beyond belief. My wife tried to take a bath after getting a chill in the hot tub. The water came out the color of diarrhea. We boiled water to brush our teeth. We got to breakfast early enough for cold scrambled eggs. As we checked out around 9:30 we heard other guests complaining about no food. They ran out. At check out, I complained about the bath water and suggested they not rent the room until a repair could be made. They blew it off. We paid full bore for our "suite" in this dump. Stay away... there is a Best Western a block away.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room and check the water.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple