“Disappointing Quickie Dinner”

Add it.
The Pita Pit
Ranked #69 of 90 Restaurants in Oak Harbor
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stopped here on our way home from a trip one night as we were too tired to cook and didn't want a huge meal. It's not very appealing looking from the curbside as their windows facing the road look into their back room, with boxes piled, etc. The inside was much better. I would compare it to a Subway, where you choose the various ingredients for the pita you have chosen and watch as they prepare it. Apparently the pita preparer working on ours was not happy with the way the pita was rolling after everything was inside. I only had a few ingredients so I'm not sure what the problem was as I thought it looked fine. So, without explaining what she was doing or why, she got out another pita shell and started to scrape all the ingredients from the old pita to the new pita, then she set aside the old pita and started to wrap up the new one, which was now missing most of the dressing & avocado, as they spread it on the shell itself. I was totally turned off watching this. When I realized she wasn't going to add anything to make up for the lost guacamole, I asked for a LITTLE more avocado spread & even offered to pay for it. Without saying a thing, she added more avocado & LOTS more dressing (way too much). She either thought she was doing me a favor or was trying to be a smartass. She didn't say a thing the whole time & I just wanted to get out of there as it had become an unpleasant ordeal. I felt it was handled very unprofessionally with no explanation on what she was doing or why. I probably would not go back here as I question what other weird food preparation practices they have. On the positive side, the ingredients were fresh & after I got home, I removed the excess dressing and the pita wasn't bad at all. I know it all ends up in the same place - your stomach but I didn't care to see the way it was being shoveled into the second pita. Good Grief.

1  Thank DuvallDesdemona

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The food here can be very healthy but they talked so fast that we couldn't hear what all they intended to put in our pita pocket. We had to stop them when they were putting a good half inch of "special sauce" paste in mine. I am watching what I eat and didn't need that ton of fat on what was otherwise healthy. We would go back, but make sure they speak slowly enough and that you are clear enough or you might get a lot of extras -- which cost extra, by the way.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We are usually "on the go" so finding fast "ethnic style food is a big plus! We love all the choices, and the freshness of ingredients!
Make it "your" way! Always yummy and always friendly!