“Sweet treats!” 5 of 5 stars

Yummies's Eats & Treats
Longview, Washington
“Sweet treats!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

While visiting Whidbey island, I was in the mood for a cupcake for dessert. After reading what others had written, I decided to give Yummies a try. I arrived there in the late afternoon, and while my options were limited (most of the goodies had already been sold - good sign), I decided to try the lemon pie cupcakes. The cake was tasty, and there was just enough lemon pie filling inside to add a new taste sensation without overwhelming the overall cupcake. The frosting was perfect -- light and just sweet enough - not the sickly sweet stuff found on so many cakes these days.

Besides the wonderful creations, the staff there greeted me warmly and seemed to love what they do. While I know that seeing people who love their job does not make a bad cupcake good, it does make a great cupcake taste even better!

• Visited January 2013