“Best Of everything”

Jeda's Thai Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in Oak Harbor
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Food was fantastic. Very authentic Thai. Service was excellent. It is very easy to find. Definitely a must on a trip to the island.

JedasThaiKitchen, Guest Relations Manager at Jeda's Thai Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Ricky, thank you for visiting our restaurant on your recent trip to Whidbey Island. Please be sure to stop by and see us next time you are in Oak Harbor. It would be a pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I got the pork dumplings, pad thai, and drunken noodles. All of it was great! I'm so glad I convinced my wife to let me get some take out food here. We both enjoyed our meal. My only regret is that I found this place on the last day of our stay on Whidbey Island!

Imarai, thank you for your kind review! We are so glad that you were able to try our restaurant before you had to leave Whidbey Island. We appreciate your kind review and hope that when you travel this way again that you'll be able to visit us. It was a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Small place, great food, friendly service, good Thai menu. Had the calamari appetizer and Beef curry was great. Fast service.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I read the reviews of this little place when we were in Oak Harbor in April, but could not convince my family to visit. On this trip I insisted. They were discouraged by the location, and it is in a less than convenient location in a tiny strip mall with tables for about five groups. The restaurant itself, while very small is charming with a pleasant atmosphere and tasteful decor.

The food is magnificent. The menu is extensive, and I intend to eat my way through every last dish. This week we started with fried dumplings, which had the nicest pastry and most savory filling I have enjoyed in years. Clearly these are made on property rather than purchased frozen and thrown in the deep fat fryer. They were so good we had two orders.

For our entree selections we order pineapple fried rice and drunken noodles. Both were wonderful. The rice dish is made with just a bit of curry and a few raisins along with the pineapple and chicken. The drunken noodle dish was so good we will dream about it. The vegetables were crisp and fresh, the meat tender and flavorful and the pasta was flavorful and silky. We would have gone back tonight, but decided it would be embarrassing to return two nights in a row, so we will wait until tomorrow.

I almost did not want to write this review. It is a very tiny restaurant, and I want to be able to eat there many more times so I do not want it to become so popular I can never get a table. Really, it is a great restaurant, and even if you do not love Thai food there are enough things on the menu to keep you happy.

The staff is exceptionally hospitable and friendly. The chef visited our table a couple of times to make sure that all was well.

Busy-Retired, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so glad that you tried our restaurant and that you enjoyed each of your dishes. You are correct, our curry puffs are hand made by Jeda herself! She takes great pride in providing authentic and fresh dishes for the patrons that visit the restaurant and we're so pleased that you noticed!
Please be sure to visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I were staying in Oak Harbor for the weekend and read about Jeda's on TripAdvisor. We had just returned from Thailand six weeks prior, and were hoping for some authentic Thai food. When we arrived, the owners were so friendly. The service was absolutely unbelievable. The food came quick, and it was delicious. We had the pad thai and the drunken noodles, two dishes we ate often in Thailand, and it was very authentic. The mango sticky rice was in season, and it was fantastic. The prices were also very reasonable. Jeda's husband was so genuinely friendly and interested in our trip to Thailand, we have never met a happier host before. Overall, the food was delicious, the service was the best we've ever had, and we will definitely be back.