“Absolutely Fantastic”

Cuisines: Thai
Mount Dora, Florida
“Absolutely Fantastic”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I read the reviews of this little place when we were in Oak Harbor in April, but could not convince my family to visit. On this trip I insisted. They were discouraged by the location, and it is in a less than convenient location in a tiny strip mall with tables for about five groups. The restaurant itself, while very small is charming with a pleasant atmosphere and tasteful decor.

The food is magnificent. The menu is extensive, and I intend to eat my way through every last dish. This week we started with fried dumplings, which had the nicest pastry and most savory filling I have enjoyed in years. Clearly these are made on property rather than purchased frozen and thrown in the deep fat fryer. They were so good we had two orders.

For our entree selections we order pineapple fried rice and drunken noodles. Both were wonderful. The rice dish is made with just a bit of curry and a few raisins along with the pineapple and chicken. The drunken noodle dish was so good we will dream about it. The vegetables were crisp and fresh, the meat tender and flavorful and the pasta was flavorful and silky. We would have gone back tonight, but decided it would be embarrassing to return two nights in a row, so we will wait until tomorrow.

I almost did not want to write this review. It is a very tiny restaurant, and I want to be able to eat there many more times so I do not want it to become so popular I can never get a table. Really, it is a great restaurant, and even if you do not love Thai food there are enough things on the menu to keep you happy.

The staff is exceptionally hospitable and friendly. The chef visited our table a couple of times to make sure that all was well.

• Visited June 2013
JedasThaiKitchen, Guest Relations Manager at Jeda's Thai Kitchen, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Busy-Retired, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so glad that you tried our restaurant and that you enjoyed each of your dishes. You are correct, our curry puffs are hand made by Jeda herself! She takes great pride in providing authentic and fresh dishes for the patrons that visit the restaurant and we're so pleased that you noticed!
Please be sure to visit us again soon.

Nelson, Canada
“Amazing service and food!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I were staying in Oak Harbor for the weekend and read about Jeda's on TripAdvisor. We had just returned from Thailand six weeks prior, and were hoping for some authentic Thai food. When we arrived, the owners were so friendly. The service was absolutely unbelievable. The food came quick, and it was delicious. We had the pad thai and the drunken noodles, two dishes we ate often in Thailand, and it was very authentic. The mango sticky rice was in season, and it was fantastic. The prices were also very reasonable. Jeda's husband was so genuinely friendly and interested in our trip to Thailand, we have never met a happier host before. Overall, the food was delicious, the service was the best we've ever had, and we will definitely be back.

• Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
“Great curry and pad thai”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We ordered take-out from our motel and what a treat we had. One of the best curries I have ever had. My companion loved her mild pad thai which was enough for two. My two-star curry was just spicy enough for me.

• Visited May 2013
Austin, Texas
“Great change from fast food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We tried Jeda's based upon reviews we had read here on Trip Advisor where it is the Number 1 rated restaurant in Oak Harbor. It is a tiny place with only 3 or 4 tables, but the decor is well done and the place is very clean. Our server was as sweet as she could be. I ordered Pineapple Fried Rice with chicken and shrimp and it was delicious. Healthy portions and quality ingredients. The price runs about 8-15 bucks per person for an entree, drinks and an appetizer, and it is money well spent. We had crab rangoon for an appetizer and it came out piping hot. One customer ordered some type of soup, and the bowl was enormous. The soup looked excellent! I did order dessert, as I had never before seen on a menu fried bananas and coconut ice cream and also sweet blasck rice desseet with warm coconut cream. Both desserts were fabulous. I will definitely return to Jeda's whenever I am back in Oak Harbor!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Jill G
Seattle, WA
“Wonderful people, terrific food”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was in Oak Harbor for several days and had read good reviews of this little hole-in-the-wall. As soon as I walked in the door, I was made to feel welcome, and the owners were always friendly and attentive. I like my food spicy, so I asked for it "Thai Style" (e.g. very spicy) which they were more than willing to accommodate. I ordered the Crying Tiger salad which was perfect: fresh, flavorful, and with great attention to detail. (You know you're in an exceptional restaurant when the food looks as good as it tastes - it's all part of the experience) I loved this place and highly recommend it to anyone who likes Thai food - spicy or not!

• Visited March 2013