“CLOSED FOR BUSINESS” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
“CLOSED FOR BUSINESS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Another one bites the dust. :-(
Sorry to see it go, the food was good. Not being able to serve wind didn't help.

Visited February 2012

Oak Harbor, Washington
“Try it, you'll like it--well-prepared food; delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

My husband & I went last night to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary & we were totally satisfied with everything--I brought home most of my Cheesecake to enjoy today! My husband had his own piece but he ate all of his, there! I read on here that Sal (owner/Chef) was from Queens & as I lived on 108th Street in Queens way back in 1965 I was looking forward to some authentic New York Italian food. He delivered. I asked our wonderful, smiling & cheerful waitress, Jessica, if he made the sauce (I had Cheese Ravioli with a marvelous Marinara Sauce over it) & she said that indeed he did! The Cheese in the Baked Pasta was wonderful! My husband loved his Lobster Ravioli Forresta & we both were delighted with our appetizer of "Artichokes Oregenata." Additionally, we each had a cup of delicious coffee which I asked about & Jessica said it was our own local Fidalgo Bay Coffee. My husband usually adds cream but he said it was so good on its own he drank it black! He was a Lobster Fisherman off the coast of Maine, where he grew up years ago & he never eats lobster in a restaurant--he did this time because we heard Sal was from the East Coast. He said it was delicious! We had the Garlic Rolls (6) and they were nearly too hot to break--but melted the Real Butter immediately & were quite tasty-we brought three of them home for today! A lot of food & only $46. total (I heard they offer a military discount but told my husband I did NOT want to use that, and I gave Jessica a good, well deserved tip! (I am one of these particular folks who has to put her cream into the cup before the coffee, & she accommodated me with a smile!) A lady came to our table to wish us a Happy Anniversary & to inquire as to whether our food had been to our liking and if everything was OK. Nice gesture, I guess she is either his wife or co-owner, not sure. He (Sal--owner/chef) did such a great job & I would have liked to tell him that, but he didn't make it to our table. Maybe the next time. We WILL be returning--we own a house & live right here in Oak Harbor. I am looking forward to having their "Brick Oven Pizza." Have tried ALL the other Pizza's in town & being from NYC, where Pizza's are "to die for" (in my opinion!) I have been disappointed with them all. Jessica says he makes his own Pizza Sauce, and he puts a layer of cheese, then a layer of sauce, and then another layer of cheese & she thinks I could request a "Thin Crust" & get it, too. I will have Pizza there, SOON! Lets see, what holiday is coming up? Oh YEA, my Husband's Birthday--you KNOW where I will be taking him! Go-enjoy-then come back on here & give your opinion, too! Bet you have only praises! Great job, Sal, KEEP it up, thanks for moving here & taking a chance on us!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank LifeCoachSandra
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Haven't been in since they opened, but they had good food then. Hope to return soon.

Visited June 2011
3 Thank serenasun32
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Both times I have been to Cafe Bella for lunch I had the Chicken Baresa and it was absolutely scruptious! The food is to-die-for delicious - authentic Italian! Only drawback is that they don't sell wine but the food is delicious!
gail

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank Gail D
“Needs work....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I brought my husband to Oak Harbor to show him where I was born and raised...we went downtown and decided on cafe Bella for lunch...when we walked in I was a little disappointed at the atmosphere....they did have some neat pictures on the wall but it was to exposed to the shopping area and felt more like a food court at the mall instead of a restaurant...we were promptly seated and another group came in shortly after us...we were disappointed by no wine or beer and our drink order was taken at the same time as the table behind us...they also had their food order taken first and recieved their food first...I got the lobster ravioli which was good but for what I paid I only got 4 silver dollar sized ravioli in s cream sause with a few sauteed mushrooms...a little disappointing....I would go back after some time for them to get things straightened out ....

• 2 of 5 stars